• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
It shouldn't as long as you pick 510 and are happy with it. I personally haven't been successful with 801's and don't really care for them but others swear by them. My advice with this type of investment stick with what you are used to and comfortable with. Also I stand corrected regarding the repair service and have to ask them some more questions as the site doesn't mention the Joker for the service just the other mods they carry.

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC
I'm in a similar position where I'm looking to get something to keep my eGo company. Besides I am "saving" money by not buying analogs and have money to burn, right?

I keep hearing about 5v being the sweet spot but have concerns about getting a HV device and finding that it doesn't work for me - the variable PV's like the Joker and Buzz caught my attention.

I really like the looks and quality seen in reviews and am impressed with the 5v GLV but again I'm concerned that the HV doesn't work out for me. Again, the variable PV's seem the way to go... Maybe after trying a variable PV

How long are batteries lasting with your Joker and/or Buzz?

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I don't think you going to a 5v is going to be too much of a problem, you can always take shorter hits, now 6v and up you may or may not like. Also don't forget that they are selling a couple of add ons now that look like cartomizer tubes to decrease your voltage from 6 to 5 though they may look awkward cuz it makes your pv longer.

I'm charging my batteries 3x per day on the joker but I vape heavy. so in sum the 3 charges last me until the next morning so lets say 1 full day plus some for heavy vaping.

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC
I'm charging my batteries 3x per day on the joker but I vape heavy. so in sum the 3 charges last me until the next morning so lets say 1 full day plus some for heavy vaping.

Not sure I'm following "charging my batteries 3x per day". With my eGo I start with a freshly charged battery (other battery goes on the charger for 2hrs). The fresh battery will last about 8-9 hrs when it gets swapped for the recharged battery.

Sounds like you can go at least 8-9 hrs (1 full day plus) on a fresh charge. Is this about right?

Sorry, if I'm being dense here - want to get up to speed on batteries as I get into mods.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Ok darlings, so I think I'm ready to upgrade from my Ego and I'm jumping all over the place as to what to get next. Right now I'm using an Ego with a low res atomizer. (I can't make myself go back to a normal 510 atty.)

What should I look at? I've heard lots of good stuff about the Chuck. Also looking at the Joker and the Sparkplug. Also, anyone have experience with the wetbox? Seems kind of cool but I'm unsure.

Really I just want to create enough flavor and vapor that my face melts.

Get a GLV 5v from greatlakesvapor.com

you wont look back..

Gunjji

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
home.comcast.net
Done! Just ordered a green joker AV from Vaprlife. :) Happy Birthday to meeee! Can't wait!

Thanks for all the input y'all. :)

Awesome... Grats & Happy Birthday!

first attempt at a mod its just a plane 5v dident get the rest of the parts i need for the adjustable system

Nice work man...
So what are the parts you use to make it adjustable? Ive been searching and cant seem to find what I need.

rx8

Jul 9, 2010
Poconos PA
Awesome... Grats & Happy Birthday!

Nice work man...
So what are the parts you use to make it adjustable? Ive been searching and cant seem to find what I need.

UCC383-ADJ from Texas instrument a 200k potentiometer im still looking for one i like 2 10 uf 10v Multi layer capacitor from madvapes and you need a normally closed switch madvapes has that also

rx8

Jul 9, 2010
Poconos PA
adj voltage mod

sorry for the crappy pic crappy cam

Attachments

• PICT0507.jpg
    PICT0507.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 30

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
my pretty green Joker came in the mail this morning. I already love it! Feels entirely different than the Ego. Now to just play with voltage til I find out what I like.

Yay!
Cool - keep us informed. I've been eying them:p.

Hey speaking of mods is anyone familiar with a vypr? I just traded an ego kit for one. Fine time to ask this but are they any good?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread