• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
my pretty green Joker came in the mail this morning. I already love it! Feels entirely different than the Ego. Now to just play with voltage til I find out what I like.

Yay!

Great to here. First question, have you been primarily using cartomizers, carts, or dripping for theeGo since the meet?

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
my pretty green Joker came in the mail this morning. I already love it! Feels entirely different than the Ego. Now to just play with voltage til I find out what I like.

Yay!

Awesome! I've found that juices taste entirely different at different voltages. Like my gingerbread cookies from Ms. T tastes awful a bit above 5V, but is great at about 4.7. Most my tobaccos I've been doing about 5.4.

So, do you like higher voltage? I really like the Joker because it seems to have better airflow and allow for a better draw than my GLV. Ever since I got it upgraded to AV, my batteries have been lasting forever! You know you can use 2 different type of batteries in it. The ones that come with it, they probably were the 3V Lifepos, and you can also use 3.6V 16340s. I have the AW brand from lighthound (can't link to lighthound, it's blocked from my work for some reason). Or the Ultra/Trustfire ones, just make sure you have a seperate 3.7V charger for them:

Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Awesome! I've found that juices taste entirely different at different voltages. Like my gingerbread cookies from Ms. T tastes awful a bit above 5V, but is great at about 4.7. Most my tobaccos I've been doing about 5.4.

So, do you like higher voltage? I really like the Joker because it seems to have better airflow and allow for a better draw than my GLV. Ever since I got it upgraded to AV, my batteries have been lasting forever! You know you can use 2 different type of batteries in it. The ones that come with it, they probably were the 3V Lifepos, and you can also use 3.6V 16340s. I have the AW brand from lighthound (can't link to lighthound, it's blocked from my work for some reason). Or the Ultra/Trustfire ones, just make sure you have a seperate 3.7V charger for them:

Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340

My batteries are used from my other mods so they aren't lasting excessively long but I also made the MISTAKE of charging the batteries that came with it in my other Tenergy charger and for some reason it killed them for the most part.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
My batteries are used from my other mods so they aren't lasting excessively long but I also made the MISTAKE of charging the batteries that came with it in my other Tenergy charger and for some reason it killed them for the most part.

Yeah, Lifepos are weird. For each mAh, you have to have a different charger. I have the green and the silver & yellow ones and have seperate chargers for them.

iheart45s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Great to here. First question, have you been primarily using cartomizers, carts, or dripping for theeGo since the meet?

Dripping with the ego on a low res atty. I've been dripping with the joker all morning too but I might hook a cart up to it and see if I like them again.

iheart45s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
Philadelphia

It's totally given new life to some of the juices I really didn't care for before. That said, I haven't had enough time with it yet to figure out exactly where I like it. I'm using a VaporBomb watermelon at 5.2 (i bought the meter! dork!) and it tastes way different than it did on my ego. I likes it.

Yea, I have the green batteries that came with it. In a little bit of time I might try some different ones. New toys are rad.

Hah, my own flavors I made taste way diff on this too. I sent some out to you in the mail today. They may absolutely suck when you get them. Heads up. :p

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Dripping with the ego on a low res atty. I've been dripping with the joker all morning too but I might hook a cart up to it and see if I like them again.

Let me know how they are on the Joker as I havent used them in a while and curious how they are on higher voltage.. i.e. if you constantly run out of juice, burnt taste etc..

you could just make your own 5v. a variables is easy to make also.
can mod just about anything like i do.
other than the far left and right boxs, the rest i made.
the duravape is 5v, the one listed in that picture actually uses a booster board with single 14500
both WiiVape's are 5v using two 10440s, next version will use a booster as i hate using regulators, you're just wasting power with them. might do a single 18650 in them.
the bottom red one uses a single 10440.
i have regular 3-aaa and aa boxs also.

39352_151718708175479_100000120533731_497328_4715943_n.jpg

i sell those at the bars around town here every once and a while to buy more parts. building a new vary-volt mod that's compact. still need some parts so i guess i'll have to sell a few more before the philly meet.

Nice mods ya got there.
thanks, if you're at the philly meet you can play with them.
i love the wiivape.. though right now i use two 10440s and those don't last long at all.
waiting on an order to get here from china, that includes cr123a and 18650s
going to see if i can pop the 18650 with a booster board into the wii.. double the order will get here before the meet though.

Pretty cool stuff.
Is that a Duracell portable power pack for i-pods and such?

it's listed for ipod and blackberry. it does not have good reviews at all but if you gut it, they make nice mods. duracell doesn't make these, some rinky dink company does. it can be hit or miss on the quality. my personal one doesn't shut because the battery door doesn't click into place. i looked at it and it is made a bit different than the others i have.

if you want to pick one up, hit ebay or amazon and type in "my pocket charger"
they are a bit hard to build if you are new to modding. there are two ways to go about it.
1.) single cell (14500) with TI booster board
2.) dual with a regulator. (not much room to work with but it's doable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread