Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
More 80's silliness... ;)
The guy singing was a friend of mine, and went on to be a screen writer for some major films!!

The band hated this song, but it became a semi-hit when it was included in The Revenge of the Nerds soundtrack... :facepalm:

And they really were a good band!!!
Gleaming Spires - Mining [Live Phoenix '85] - YouTube

(the whole band was also the back-up band for Sparks... and the keyboard player went on to join The Call... while the drummer played with Devo for a while after this)

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Devo! Couldn't resist... :D
Devo... Whip it!...

Trivia time:

I know a guy who went to Kent State with some of those guys, so I have met most of them... and parts of this video (although the early ones were on film) was shot at an outdoor marketplace in Brentwood, CA... the older lady slinging the mashed potatoes was one of the owners of a deli there... :D

Lucy74

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
Michigan
SpaceKitty... Did you grow up in Cali? You have met a lot of musicians! L.A. is the place to be. I knew a lot of local musicians back in the day. Sponge was a band I was acquaintances with that went national. Lol. They tried doing a video on a lower budget to see what it would be like. Yours truly was the star of it. Vinnie (the singer) liked my smile. :D That was a fun experience. I never did see the final product. :(
Back to music... I love this album too...
The Fugees... Killing Me Softly...

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
SpaceKitty... Did you grow up in Cali? You have met a lot of musicians! L.A. is the place to be. I knew a lot of local musicians back in the day. Sponge was a band I was acquaintances with that went national. Lol. They tried doing a video on a lower budget to see what it would be like. Yours truly was the star of it. Vinnie (the singer) liked my smile. :D That was a fun experience. I never did see the final product. :(
Back to music... I love this album too...
The Fugees... Killing Me Softly...

Yep... born and raised!! :D
And the late 60's & early 70's was a great time to be a teenager... plus it ran over into the 80's for the Club Scene as a young adult.

The thing about SoCal is that a lot of the "local musicians" went on to become big stars... ;) LOL!!

Awww... I want to see the vid you were in!!! :(

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Yep... born and raised!! :D
And the late 60's & early 70's was a great time to be a teenager... plus it ran over into the 80's for the Club Scene as a young adult.

The thing about SoCal is that a lot of the "local musicians" went on to become big stars... ;) LOL!!
I was born in '60 and was a teen in the mid/late 70's, so missed out on the 60's music revolution 'as it was happening'. But, so much of it was my 'soul music' later on. I grew up in Albuquerque which oddly enough had tons of concerts in the 70's and I was generally at them... until I got married and we couldn't them anymore. :laugh: I've only been to two concerts since getting married.. The Charlie Daniels Band and Rich Mullins.

Here's one of my favorite Rich Mullins videos. He was an amazing talent... could play just about any instrument. Even a cup. :D

Which I could see that video too Lucy!!! How fun!

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
We have a winner!!!

You all made this such a fun thread! Thanks so much for sharing the music! I listened to every single one of them. :D

And now.... *insert drum roll*... the winner is Post 657 --- yiddleboge is our winner!!! Congrats yiddle!! Ruby Vortex will be heading your direction tomorrow! :banana::banana::banana:

Ruby Vortex:
RubyVortex4-3-13-1_zps6bc0d332.jpg

Visit our website at:
Molehill Mountain Art Drip Tips
And drop by to visit with us in our suppliers thread here on ECF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread