The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

More Changes! NOW 25% Flavoring Base - Screw Steeping!

Discussion in 'Killer Juice' started by Walt83, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Walt83

Walt83 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    We have been working EXTREMELY hard on remaking all of our formulas with you in mind. I am proud to say that starting with all orders placed today, and for now on will have twice as much flavor and twice the wow factor.

We heard your comments and feedback about some of our flavors being weak or mute on first vape. This is not what we had ever planed and should not be the way e-liquid is made. As a customer of mine said this week. "Screw steeping!". While we laughed about it we wanted to make sure that the flavor you get from us is ready to go on arrival.

Most companies use 15% flavoring, and will require a steep time. If you want extra flavoring they charge you for by the percentage (or "shot"). Not here. Our flavors will now contain 25% Flavoring base!!!

This is a huge number and while we were concerned about to much flavoring, in the end it created a product that someone could vape right out of the mail box.

Killer Juice will always be working to make new and fun things possible! We hope you enjoy!

2. JoyPeace

JoyPeace Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    What if we prefer the weak version ? Can we request less ? That sounds silly but honestly some strong ones I am thinking might be a bit much and I'm big on strong flavors .

3. Walt83

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Some of the stronger ones are already at 23% (combo ones), the biggest increase will be seen in flavors like Cheesecake (15.5%), Cherry (17%), Blueberry (17%), and Apple (15%). Those will now be at 25%.

Shamrock for example was already at 23%, so a 2% increase should not change it to much. Our goal is to put everything in line with everything else.

4. JoyPeace

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    Ah cool :) but wow I go extra on shamrock :p Which I am vaping now :vapor:

5. Showbird

Showbird Senior Member ECF Veteran

This is great news! KJ has become my favorite liquid company. You guys actually listen to your customers and act accordingly!
    I agree that a few liquids are on the light flavor side, but because of the price, i could not complain.

Keep up the good work and watch your company grow beyond expectation!

6. krisjay

krisjay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2014
    Maine
    This is EXTREMELY good new, the only knock I had when buying Killer Juice was the low to almost non existent flavor. I have been ordrri g everyfhing with extra flavor, this should put Killer Juice on another level. Congrats, this will change everything.

7. luke213

luke213 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    Question for you guys who've gotten the new flavor version of the juice, I got some the other day and it seems like the throat hit is significantly higher than the previous versions. I'm not sure if somehow I got a weird batch or the nic level is off, or if its the extra flavoring. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this with the new juice or not?

Luke

8. demlevis

demlevis Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    I haven't had any with the new flavor ratios, but Walt did say increasing flavor increases throat hit.

9. luke213

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    That's why I'm wondering, since alcohol tends to strengthen throat hit, and I'm not sure if the flavors are alcohol based but this is a pretty significant change in throat hit for me. Last batch before the change was 12mg, and was fine about the same as 12mg everywhere that I've tried, this new stuff feels like it hits like 18-24mg rather than 12mg. Throat hit is around the same as 24mg and honestly the nic feels high, I've been vaping 12-18mg lately and it hasn't been bothering me, the 12mg has been nice and light not to much throat hit. But this stuff is pretty dang harsh feeling and seems to be almost like it's higher nic level than listed, or at least that's how it feels. I'm not complaining mind you, just curious if it's the extra flavor or maybe I got a batch with the wrong nic listed since it's pretty dang harsh, tastes good but a little too harsh for me;)

Luke

10. demlevis

demlevis Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    Walt will have to give the definitive answer. I think he'd disclose if any of the flavor bases had alcohol. He's big on all-natural, no added anything, so unless it occurs naturally as part of the extraction process I doubt there's alcohol. From the"old" site: "With no added sugars, alcohol, or dyes you can trust that the flavor you are getting is pure, natural flavoring without all the harsh chemicals."

Walt will see this and respond, or you can PM him with your order number... or both.

11. luke213

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    I did pm this morning but I figured he was busy with the site change over and figured I'd post here since it was about the changes.

I'm not familiar with how his flavors are made I knew they were natural but I've got nothing beyond that since I'm new to killer juice ;) liking it though just really hoping these are just some sort of error since the flavors are good just very harsh which is different than anything else I've gotten.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

12. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I thought it was just me ... I have a ton of KJ that has no flavour or has too much pepper taste for me to vape.

13. JoyPeace

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    I haven't had the new version yet but I sort of feared this . I vape 24 mg :O

14. lirruping

lirruping Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2014
    Vieques
    I am in a similar situation with most of my killer juices. I thought it was a steep time issue, but it seems maybe it was not. I didn't realize until I read a post in this thread that extra-flavor was even an option, or I certainly would've ordered it on my second and subsequent orders.

Having said that, Walt's announcement is IMO EXCELLENT news... I love the clouds I've been getting with KJ and I very much like the *hint* of flavor I've been getting--just been wishing it was more.

15. lirruping

lirruping Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2014
    Vieques
    I'm confused. What did you fear, JoyPeace? What does vaping 24mg have to do with the increased flavor announcement? Are you concerned that nic level will impact the increased flavor somehow?

16. luke213

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    I think he/she is talking about increased throat hit on top of 24mg juice that is already harsh.

I'm not sure it's related but it seems like it might be, I may have to order 6mg next time if I get confirmation that I'm not alone in this;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

17. JoyPeace

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    Yes I(she) was thinking if it is harsh with lower nic it could be even worse with higher nic. I do see the need in certain flavors for this and others I don't feel need it . I'm hopeful it is a positive change overall. I am almost positive I did see a post that killer juice has no alcohol though.

18. Walt83

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    The extra flavoring boost we gave all our flavors was countered by lower the PG level in our base mix. This being said, if you order max VG, you will not get 25% flavoring (only 20%). Also adding a flavor shot will toss off the PG by 5% (so if you have house mix and add a shot of flavor, the ratio would change to 45pg/55vg)

19. luke213

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    Well I just got off the horn with Walt and I think we figured out what happened, and it's my fault;) When I ordered it was right when this flavor change was starting and I mentioned on the order I wanted the new higher flavor percentage rather than the same as I got the last time. Well reading that we're guessing they went ahead and added extra flavoring since I mentioned it and went too high.

On that though Walt was gracious enough to replace the juice(even though it was my fault) and I'm very happy with the customer service at Killer Juice so now I just gotta order more from the next sale until I hone in on flavors I really like;)

Take care!

Luke

20. luke213

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    Just an update and note got the new juice today to replace my order and much much better. Throat hit is maybe a touch strong but less than half what it was. Now it's enough I can say it could be the nic base or something slightly different than I'm used to and not a problem at all. Flavor is good really liking the peach shake that is excellent I think as a whole Walts flavor lends itself to shakes I'm going to be trying them in other sales along with trying everything else too;)

So thanks again Walt for taking care of me.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.