rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I wonder who conducted this survey?

e-Cigarettes: Support Strong for Health Warnings, Ban on Sales to Minors - Health News - redOrbit

"It is clear from this poll that U.S. adults are not waiting for scientific evidence of adverse health effects of e-cigarettes before asking that they be regulated and restricted," says Matthew M. Davis, M.D., director of the poll and associate professor of pediatrics and internal medicine in the Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit at the U-M Medical School. "Rather, they support restrictions on e-cigarettes based on potential risks -- not just immediate health effects, but also the possibility that e-cigarettes may lead youth toward later use of tobacco cigarettes."

http://www.med.umich.edu/mott/npch/pdf/091310report.pdf

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
My comment:

If e-cigarette sales are currently not banned to minors, that fault is 100% the FDA's. If they would agree to regulate them as tobacco products, they would already be federally regulated and legally forbidden to minors. They insist on calling them "drug delivery devices, even though e-cigarettes are smoking ALTERNATIVES, not a treatment for nicotine addiction. CASAA also conducted a survey of over 2,000 e-cigarettes users and only 2.9% are under 21 yrs old. Studies have shown e-cigarettes to be 98-99% less hazardous than cigarettes. To require the same health warnings as cigarettes would be lying to the public and causing less people to switch to these less harmful alternatives. My guess is that the respondents to this survey were not informed of these facts, causing the results to be severely biased.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
If you answer No to Q1, that should be the end of the survey for you. Where's the option to support regulation as the tobacco products that they are?

I'd also like to see how questions 5 & 6 skewed for the other answers. If mostly non-smoking, non-vaping people took this survey, they won't have any idea of the benefits of e-cigarettes.

That whole survey was biased to make ecigs sound like a threat to children. Anyone who has surveyed vapers knows that vapers would have absolutely no reason to return or graduate to smoking traditional cigarettes - unless e-cigarettes are banned. E-cigarettes make traditional cigarettes taste WORSE for most vapers.

Where is the logic? I have a product which provides my nicotine, which tastes good, which is affordable, which doesn't hurt my mouth, throat and lungs during and after use, which doesn't make me or my belongings stink and which doesn't contain any of the toxins and carcinogens produced by combustion. WHY would I (or some kid) switch to a product that tastes horrible, makes me feel horrible, stinks up everything, is expensive and contains all of the toxins and carcinogens produced by combustion?????

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I'd also like to see how questions 5 & 6 skewed for the other answers. If mostly non-smoking, non-vaping people took this survey, they won't have any idea of the benefits of e-cigarettes.

That whole survey was biased to make ecigs sound like a threat to children. Anyone who has surveyed vapers knows that vapers would have absolutely no reason to return or graduate to smoking traditional cigarettes - unless e-cigarettes are banned. E-cigarettes make traditional cigarettes taste WORSE for most vapers.

Where is the logic? I have a product which provides my nicotine, which tastes good, which is affordable, which doesn't hurt my mouth, throat and lungs during and after use, which doesn't make me or my belongings stink and which doesn't contain any of the toxins and carcinogens produced by combustion. WHY would I (or some kid) switch to a product that tastes horrible, makes me feel horrible, stinks up everything, is expensive and contains all of the toxins and carcinogens produced by combustion?????

Because the FDA says that product is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread