More of what I learn from travels with my gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
I have made many trips with my gear and each trip requires some planning, even if it is a very short trip.
I make decisions everyday based on the possible outcome of the day's possible events.
Usually I really over do it and take 2 or 3 mods and 2 or 3 attys to work with me. Of course I have a spare charger and e-liquid at my office.
Every month I have a long domestic flight and at least twice a year I have international trips. These take a bit more thought and planning. Not only do I have to think about the daily out and about, I have to think about the multiple security checks and the possibility of being pulled aside to explain and even worse.
I will skip over the domestic flights in the CONUS as it is pretty much straight forward and only a couple of times have I been pulled aside to explain what I am traveling with. These asides have always been pleasant and luckily in the past three years or so I find the US TSA very educated and courteous. Honestly I tend to travel more with gear that they have never seen so I really don't mind pulling it out and talking about how it works.
International travel is just the opposite these days as more countries have placed bans and restrictions on what I use everyday.
Flying into a country that has outlawed eliquid and banned what we take for granted is not fun. I am not sure if I am more sensitive to the realm of what can happen or am just more sensitive to having my h/w confiscated but this trip seemed tougher.
To make it short I took too many irreplaceable items. I was constantly afraid I would be separated from a mod or atty that took months or years to acquire.
I would pack differently if I had to do it all over again. Maybe buy a couple of MVP2s and carry my spheroid and another easily replaced and/or rebuilt attys. Almost makes me break down and buy a clone.
I went through the dreaded outlawed country outlaw security 4 times and each time would have been easier if I had been holding something that I did not really care about.
Next time I will pack a little differently. Two of the countries I visited seemed devoid of vapor devices and I spent a lot of time explaining to smokers what I was using. Honestly that was a surprise to me.
I suppose what I am trying to say is that short trips to the grocery or long trips both make me think about what I have to pack, what I have and can bring whereas when I was burning tobacco it was pretty straight forward.
Just different I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread