More VG = Sore throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
It's usually other way around, PG gives sore throat. PG made me cough so I bumped up the VG. VG is thick and leaves a feeling like there's a coat of grease in the mouth/throat, but that doesn't make me cough. Vaping a lot, like I do (6ml a day of low nic) DOES dry you out and that could mess with your throat, mouth, glands. It's cliche but...lots of water! :)

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I'm vaping the most VG I have so far, and I have a wicked sore throat. The juice is 50/50. Coincidence or can VG make your throat hurt?

Have you had the same juice with a different PG/VG ratio? There are numerous factors that can irritate your throat, including nicotine content and purity, flavorings (and flavoring quality), PG, additives, alcohol, etc. Each vendor and each flavor can use different ingredients.

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
I'm beginning to wonder if it's just FSUSA's stuff that my throat doesn't like. When I had some samples of their 24mg nic juices, I just thought the nic content was too high for me. I ordered some 12mg and 6mg stuff from them, but my throat is scratchy again.

The 50/50 stuff I thought was making it hurt is from Vapor Bomb, 12mg.

I hope it isn't FSUSA because they have 3 of my favorite flavors!

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
i also usually find it the other way around. when i first started vaping i was using all PG or really close to it. now i order my juice with more VG. normally not more than 40% though. my wife also had the same issue but probably worse than me and now uses a higher % of VG in all her juices as well. she would probably vape all VG or close to it if she didnt use tanks. ive been trying to switch her over to cartos for this reason.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
FSUSA...got samples from them, PureCig, Wyatt Earp, Outlaw, Rider & Maxboro, all tobacco flavors. With exception of Maxboro, ALL pepper juice! They made me cough. Nice folks, but I won't touch the juice.

JC's Red Oak is nice, remarkably thin juice for VG, but sweet. No coughing. Their JC Original PG did scratch my throat.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
...can VG make your throat hurt?

It can. Glycerin tends to absorb water, so if your throat is coated with it, it will tend to dry out the lining and then it can become inflamed.

Not long after I started vaping heavily I developed the Sore Throat from Hell, worst I've ever had. Thank goodness it didn't last long and didn't happen again.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I've come to the conclusion that it is something in FSUSA's juice that is killing my throat. This sucks. I love 3 of their juices and I only have 6 juices that I like.

All FSUSA juice is made using FlavourArt flavorings, which they are a distributor for. Buy some FA flavorings and mix your own, and if this still happens it's something in the flavorings that is irritating your throat. It's possible.

If not, then you can simply pick one from the legion of vendors that use FA flavorings and find a juice that is a dead ringer for a FSUSA flavor you like and hopefully not have this problem. Ditto on mixing up your own using the FA flavorings. Good luck.

vapbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It might not be the VG but some of the flavorings they use in their juice. I've found that as much as I love them most vendor's vanilla flavors make my throat itch and hurt and alot of the Tasty Vapor flavors were doing the same. Certain flavors from the same vendor with the same PG/VG ratio won't bother me while others will. You may want to try different types of flavors or the same flavors from other vendors and see if that makes a difference. Just my:2c: At least you can try new flavors on your brand new raspberry roughstack:D
I'm beginning to wonder if it's just FSUSA's stuff that my throat doesn't like. When I had some samples of their 24mg nic juices, I just thought the nic content was too high for me. I ordered some 12mg and 6mg stuff from them, but my throat is scratchy again.

The 50/50 stuff I thought was making it hurt is from Vapor Bomb, 12mg.

I hope it isn't FSUSA because they have 3 of my favorite flavors!

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
How do I find out which vendors use FlavorArt flavoring?

All FSUSA juice is made using FlavourArt flavorings, which they are a distributor for. Buy some FA flavorings and mix your own, and if this still happens it's something in the flavorings that is irritating your throat. It's possible.

If not, then you can simply pick one from the legion of vendors that use FA flavorings and find a juice that is a dead ringer for a FSUSA flavor you like and hopefully not have this problem. Ditto on mixing up your own using the FA flavorings. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread