The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Most Pagan Friendly Places?

Discussion in 'Pagan Vapers' started by Nighthawk, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Raynen

Raynen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    CT
    Massachusetts without a doubt. :)

2. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Is that not true of UU's everywhere?

Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans

3. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    I did not know that! Thanks for the link :) We only have a couple UUs around (2 within a 50 mile radius that I know of) and I've only ever had experience with the one.

4. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I know that not every UU has a CUUPS chapter, but I know that the CUUPS were quite prevelant in the 90's back when I frequented a couple of forums on the 'net, before the Web took over and the internet became "usenet." I'm not so "actively pagan" anymore so I haven't kept up with it.

Glad I could help :)

5. MsTick

MsTick Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    California
    I was active in a UU church for several years, and Pagan. In fact, it was the UU minister who turned me on to "organized" Paganism. Though CUUPS groups have not really been thriving around here, UU churches are still generally very Pagan-friendly. There was a regular UU service at the San Jose church that opened with calling the quarters, and several members of the congregation are witches. And lately, there is a Feri group that has been holding some public rituals in another local UU church.

Any Pagan feeling lonely for their own kind might find some like-minded people in the local UU congregation.

6. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    You know what I recently realized.... if I want to find Pagan/Wiccan/Heathen and gauge how friendly an environment is to Pagans then I find out about the local comic book culture. I used to think it was the earthy mystical shoppes but increasingly I'm only finding Taoists and the like that way.

Yes, I indeed just suggest the comic book shoppe metric for Pagan friendliness. -Magnus

7. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    Don't go to Charlie's Comics in North Conway, DO go to Crossroad Games in Maine. Actually 90% of the ones in Maine are very pagan friendly. Something about comics/gaming (tabletop, not pc, i'm talkin pen and paper folks!) seems to lend itself to being pretty pagan friendly. lol but I can't speak for anywhere else in the country sadly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.