• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Most Pagan Friendly Places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I know that not every UU has a CUUPS chapter, but I know that the CUUPS were quite prevelant in the 90's back when I frequented a couple of forums on the 'net, before the Web took over and the internet became "usenet." I'm not so "actively pagan" anymore so I haven't kept up with it.

Glad I could help :)

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
I was active in a UU church for several years, and Pagan. In fact, it was the UU minister who turned me on to "organized" Paganism. Though CUUPS groups have not really been thriving around here, UU churches are still generally very Pagan-friendly. There was a regular UU service at the San Jose church that opened with calling the quarters, and several members of the congregation are witches. And lately, there is a Feri group that has been holding some public rituals in another local UU church.

Any Pagan feeling lonely for their own kind might find some like-minded people in the local UU congregation.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
You know what I recently realized.... if I want to find Pagan/Wiccan/Heathen and gauge how friendly an environment is to Pagans then I find out about the local comic book culture. I used to think it was the earthy mystical shoppes but increasingly I'm only finding Taoists and the like that way.

Yes, I indeed just suggest the comic book shoppe metric for Pagan friendliness. -Magnus

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Don't go to Charlie's Comics in North Conway, DO go to Crossroad Games in Maine. Actually 90% of the ones in Maine are very pagan friendly. Something about comics/gaming (tabletop, not pc, i'm talkin pen and paper folks!) seems to lend itself to being pretty pagan friendly. lol but I can't speak for anywhere else in the country sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread