Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
My smoothest "tobacco" flavor test yet (can't put it down and gonna be mixing up a 50ml bottle in a sec)

MBV 555

48mg 100%PG - 37.47%
PG - 12.53%
VG - 35%
MBV Haselnut - 3%
MBV Marshmallow - 5%
MBV Dulce de Luce - 3%
MBV 555 - 3%
MTS vape Wisard - 1%

resulting mix: 18mg 65/35

steep time 12 days and five 8 minute rounds in Ultrasonic Cleaner

5.3 - 6 watts in my ProTank II with 2ohm coil

This will be one of my top 5 ADV's!

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
I just got caramel candy in the other day and will be testing it soon (so many flavorings to test) Maybe try mixing some Dulce or sweet cream with it. Or maybe vape Wisard (good for dark flavorings) to smooth it out

I have also turned my wattage UP to get rid of harsh/bittery flavors, and that has also worked occasionally

ok will give that a try.....but now I am looking forward to your butterscotch and your caramel !!!

kcsdad

Oct 9, 2013
Oklahoma
I received a few new flavors last night, here's what I've mixed up so far:

Pumpkin Spice - 10%
80/20, 6mg nic
LOTS of pumpkin flavor here, 10% might be too much

Pumpkin Spice - 10%
Cheesecake - 5%
80/20, 6mg nic
Again, lots of pumpkin here. I can tell there's something else in it, but "cheesecake" doesn't jump out at me.

Vanilla Ice Cream - 10%
Butterscotch - 5%
70/30, 6mg nic
This was OK. Not a lot of flavor. Smooth, but I didn't really get an "ice cream" flavor here. Definitely needs some steeping time, possibly more ice cream flavor.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for improvements.

kcsdad

Oct 9, 2013
Oklahoma
anyone here use MBV's Nic mix with pg/vg with their flavors?

I'm in between getting their already mixed nic w/ pg/vg & mxing with their no nic pg/vg to reduce the nic to what I want.

I am using all MBV flavors, but I got my nic, PC, and VG from another source (no reason other than MBV was out of nic when I wanted to order). The advantage of mixing your own PG/VG ration is that you can try different ratios for different recipies. Some recipies might be better in an 80/20 ratio, while others might be better in a 70/30 or 50/50 ratio. A lot depends on your tastes and how well the flavors carry in that particular PG/VG ratio. It's all experimentation at that point.

I'd also recommend getting a higher concentration of nicotine than you need. I vape at 6mg, and occasionally mix a 0mg nic bottle for the heck of it. I purchased a 60ml bottle of 36mg nicotine concentrate in a 100% PG solution. I then use my iVape app on my phone to calculate the amount of nic, PG, and VG I need to get to my desired mixture. I have also used these same ingredients to mix a couple 12mg nic bottles for a friend. So by using a higher base of nicotine, I have more control over the proportions of the final mix.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA

Pumpkin Spice - 10%
80/20, 6mg nic

Pumpkin Spice - 10%
Cheesecake - 5%
80/20, 6mg nic
Again, lots of pumpkin here. I can tell there's something else in it, but "cheesecake" doesn't jump out at me.

Vanilla Ice Cream - 10%
Butterscotch - 5%
70/30, 6mg nic
This was OK. Not a lot of flavor. Smooth, but I didn't really get an "ice cream" flavor here. Definitely needs some steeping time, possibly more ice cream flavor.

I've seen two other post on this forum about MBV Butterscotch and one liked 15% and the other 16%. If you like weak flavors then that may be too much. I have a pre-mixed bottle of Butterscotch and it is not one of my favorites, but it took a full 30 days of steeping to arrive at its final flavor.

ClaireW

ECF Veteran
I am using all MBV flavors, but I got my nic, PC, and VG from another source (no reason other than MBV was out of nic when I wanted to order). The advantage of mixing your own PG/VG ration is that you can try different ratios for different recipies. Some recipies might be better in an 80/20 ratio, while others might be better in a 70/30 or 50/50 ratio. A lot depends on your tastes and how well the flavors carry in that particular PG/VG ratio. It's all experimentation at that point.

I'd also recommend getting a higher concentration of nicotine than you need. I vape at 6mg, and occasionally mix a 0mg nic bottle for the heck of it. I purchased a 60ml bottle of 36mg nicotine concentrate in a 100% PG solution. I then use my iVape app on my phone to calculate the amount of nic, PG, and VG I need to get to my desired mixture. I have also used these same ingredients to mix a couple 12mg nic bottles for a friend. So by using a higher base of nicotine, I have more control over the proportions of the final mix.

Thank you. I'm pretty sure now I'm going to get 60 mg nic pg based to start. Better price and as you mention flexible mixing options.

My 2 go to flavors are mbv. 90% of my flavors are mbv but hooked on demon energy and butterscotch right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Okay been busy mixing 25 or so menthol blends for the wife and will report on those as soon as she grades them for me.

I do have four other non-menthol batches which I have tried (found recipes in either different threads here or in various other spots) in the past few days and will now post those:

StrawberryMelon

48mg 100% PG - 37.5%
PG - 1.5%
VG - 40%
MBV Strawberry Flavoring - 15%
TFA Watermelon (MBV was out when I got this one) - 6%

Steeped two weeks (probably would have been good after one week)

Resulting recipe: 18mg @ 60/40

Nice tasting Strawberry Watermelon mix and now have made a 30ml bottle

MBV Toasted Almond
48mg 100% PG - 37.6%
PG - 6%
VG - 38.4%
Distilled Water - 3%
MBV Toasted Almond Flavoring - 10%
MBV French Vanilla Flavoring - 4%
MBV Graham Cracker Flavoring - 1%

Steeped two weeks (probably would have been good after one week)

Resulting recipe: 18mg @ 60/40

Nice tasting sweet toasted almond flavor and now have made a 30ml bottle

MBV Slow Comfortable Screw
48mg 100% PG - 37.5%
PG - 6%
VG - 39.5%
Distilled Water - 1%
MBV Orange Flavoring - 10%
MBV French Vanilla Flavoring - 1%
Black Licorice Flavoring - 1%
MBV Peach Flavoring - 2%
MBV Black Berry Flavoring - 2%

steeped 10 days

resulting mix: 18mg, 60/40

Spicy kinda orange flavor. 30ml bottle now steeping

MBV Cinnamon Roll
48mg 100% PG - 37.51%
PG - 7.51%
VG - 35%
MBV Cinnamon Roll - 20%

Steeped one week

resulting mix: 18mg 65/35

I can't put this one down! EXCELLANT! I have 60ml steeping now. I find that my tank lasted a loooong time too (ProTank II on all these recipes)

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

Pumpkin Spice - 10%80/20, 6mg nic

Pumpkin Spice - 10%
Cheesecake - 5%
80/20, 6mg nic

Vanilla Ice Cream - 10%
Butterscotch - 5%
70/30, 6mg nic

Yeah, I would definitely cut down on the pumpkin spice. I tried a 5% pumpkin spice (too sharp) and then a 5% pumpkin spice/5% cheesecake (much better but still a bit sharp). Next time I'll cut down the pumpkin spice a bit (to 3%) and more <other stuff> and see how that goes.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I finally ordered a whole bunch of flavorings from MBV. I vape mostly 6mg. and am working down to 0. Every now and then....very rarely....I'll vape 12mg. if I'm feeling a little edgy. I am ordering my PG, VG, and PG nic base from Wizard Labs. My question is what mg. nic base is the best for me to order? I really don't want to go with 36, so I was thinking 24 or 12. What do you think is my best bet? I want to get some mileage out of whatever I order. That includes all ingredients. I also use a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. I figured going with the PG nic base and ordering individual bottles of PG and VG would be the way to go. I was on the fence about ordering premixed PG/VG nic base and premixed PG/VG from MBV but don't know if it's a better value ordering them from Wizard Labs. Am I on the right track? TIA

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
you really need to check out the DIY blogs and DIY Stickies... There's about a dozen blogs on this subject..
Your going to need the ejuicemeup calculator to find your mix amounts of each ingredient. for each rcipe that you are creating.
I would get some strong nic. base, maybe the 60mg. w/ a 50/50 blend of pg/vg in it from High Desert Vapes. -It'll be cheaper this way, you are going to cut it down anyway when you mix and you use your calculator.
you need pg and vg separately..
Wizard Labs has the stuff also.. You'll need a small, but fair enough amount of mixing tools/supplies, and some safety items.

ClaireW

ECF Veteran
you really need to check out the DIY blogs and DIY Stickies... There's about a dozen blogs on this subject..
Your going to need the ejuicemeup calculator to find your mix amounts of each ingredient. for each rcipe that you are creating.
I would get some strong nic. base, maybe the 60mg. w/ a 50/50 blend of pg/vg in it from High Desert Vapes. -It'll be cheaper this way, you are going to cut it down anyway when you mix and you use your calculator.
you need pg and vg separately..
Wizard Labs has the stuff also.. You'll need a small, but fair enough amount of mixing tools/supplies, and some safety items.

I'm just setting up to mix my own juice. supplies will start rolling in the mail between today & the beginning of next week!

This is what I did. I got a 120ml bottle of 60nic all PG from HDV. from that I have ejuice me up calculator & plan to cut the 60 nic down to 20nic. I usually order premix juices at 6mg nic. but I can see myself making anywhere from 6-10mg mixes

I just tasted MBV extreme soda premix - another flavors concentrate I'll be adding to my list! I'm a energy drink junkie - got the extreme soda for a friend - yum!

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
I finally ordered a whole bunch of flavorings from MBV. I vape mostly 6mg. and am working down to 0. Every now and then....very rarely....I'll vape 12mg. if I'm feeling a little edgy. I am ordering my PG, VG, and PG nic base from Wizard Labs. My question is what mg. nic base is the best for me to order? I really don't want to go with 36, so I was thinking 24 or 12. What do you think is my best bet? I want to get some mileage out of whatever I order. That includes all ingredients. I also use a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. I figured going with the PG nic base and ordering individual bottles of PG and VG would be the way to go. I was on the fence about ordering premixed PG/VG nic base and premixed PG/VG from MBV but don't know if it's a better value ordering them from Wizard Labs. Am I on the right track? TIA

Wherever you get your nicotine base, I would suggest getting 100% VG based solutions. It is much easier to add PG than it is to add VG because the pure VG is very syrupy and hard to accurately handle, whereas PG is almost water-like and very easy to handle/control.

I would get at least 36mg base, and you will get some mileage out of it based on your usage. Get the ejuicemeup calculator and play with it and you will see the advantage of having a higher nic base for mixing.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Last week I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner (UC), and what a great investment!

First, DO NOT use plastic bottles in a UC, as it may heat up the plastic and add garbage from the plastic to your mix. Make a small investment in some glass bottles if you are going to use a UC
Glass Bottles - Wholesale Pricing | Freund Container & Supply

Now the next thing I discovered with my UC the other day is that I can use it to clean my old used coils! As long as the coil is not shorting out, I drop the coils in a separate small glass bowl filled with water, then place that in the UC and let er rip! INSTANTLY the water in the small bowl becomes filthy from the stuff on the coils. It has even removed the burnt residue from the coils making them fresh again!

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA

Roonies- Since you want to end up with 50/50 mix I would suggest ordering your nic base in VG. Because the flavorings will have PG in them you may need the nic in VG to maintain that 50/50 target. I would also get PG and VG in separate bottles so that you can mix flavor test mixes without wasting your nic and to change your ratios when you want. Be sure and order some syringes and blunt needles to use also. If you order your nic base in a little higher mg a bottle will last you longer. With the uncertainty with the FDA I would suggest getting your nic at 36mg. Once your comfortable working with that you can order more of that and store in the freezer for long term in glass bottles.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I mixed up some juice today, with the peanut butter flavoring I got from MBV, and without even steeping it turned out delightfully. I'm going to make up a few more bottles of this stuff, and maybe increase the PB flavoring. It's wonderful with coffee in the morning.

PBBSRY4
(Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar, RY4)

3.5 ml 100 proof nicotine
3.5 ml Mt. Baker Peanut Butter
1 ml Mt. Baker Brown Sugar
1 ml Mt. Baker RY4
14 ml PG
8 ml VG
--------------
30.0 ml

Status
Not open for further replies.