The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MOV tobacco line

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by DantesInferno, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Just received my 3 15 ml samples today. It's not often that I really don't like a juice. I can usually vape one even if it's not great. These? Nope. Can't do it. I won't even elaborate much. I got the 555, the ry4, and the gold. Here's the breakdown. The 555 is a potent, perfumey, piney, insect repellant. The ry4 is a slightly sweeter insect repellant and the gold is a smoky insect repellant. That's the only way I can describe them. I get that same strong pine flavor in all of them and it just reminds me of OFF. Sorry MOV, these aren't for me.

2. paulbald2

paulbald2 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    La Salle,Illinois
    I just did my first order with them.I hope mine don't taste like that.I have been seeing people post that they steep there e-juice for a week or two and the flavor get's better.You might want to try that.

3. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    You know. I'm familiar with steeping my gandalf and other net tobacco juices. I'm thinking steeping this will only intensify that pine flavor. Its definitely not that the flavor is mild. This stuffs potent. I just can't get by that pine taste.

4. paulbald2

Aug 4, 2012
    La Salle,Illinois
    You should tell them your problem then and see what they say.

5. paulbald2

Aug 4, 2012
    La Salle,Illinois
    I new to all this ,just a few week's at it.If my sample's taste like that, I will be complaining.

6. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Wow, that's a shame. I had targeted MOV as my next sampler pack. In fact, I was going to place the order for the sampler last night but I saw they were in the midst of moving and I didn't feel like waiting for them to sort through that before shipping my stuff. So I ordered a sampler from Heather's Heavenly Vapes instead. Maybe I'll hold back on that MOC sampler until I can see more responses in your thread. Thanks for the heads up.

7. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Honestly I think it's just their tobacco line. Can't blame anyone for wanting to have their own "flavor" to a tobacco line but this stuff just ain't good. Not for me anyway. I hate to ask them about it they might want to send me more! Lol I'm sure someone into pine flavoring would probably like it. Oh and had just got a pm from another guy. Steeping don't help this stuff.

8. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    HHV, three thumbs up. I've had a few from them that aren't exactly my favorite but still not bad at all. They have 2 of my absolute favorites.

MOV, well I'm not digging that pine flavor that's for sure. Lol. I had read some great things too. But yikes.

9. paulbald2

Aug 4, 2012
    La Salle,Illinois
    Maybe I should cancel my order then.I don't like the smell or taste of pine!

10. Hulamoon

Hulamoon ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    Smart move - sample sizes first! I have the same problem with specific "types" of tobaccos too, but don't have any real world experience of how these taste smoked to know what to stay away from. I know that I don't like Latakia, (Vapenstein's London/Ahlusion Devil Dog). But others will tell you 100% sincerely that it's the best thing they ever vaped. Put them on the classies. I'm sure someone will be delighted to buy them.

11. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    What are the two HHV's you like?

As for the "flavor" line, I know what you mean. Got some samplers from this one company (Zee Cigs I think it was) and everyone of them tasted the same. Tasted just like a friggin' funeral parlor. You know, the embalming fluid that leeches out of the dead body that the funeral home tries covering up with floral scent? That chemically floral disgusting bilge made me want to throw up.

12. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Yeah I just recently found another companies tobacco line that has a plasticky taste that's in their whole tobacco line. Didn't care much for that either. I was told that I'd get used to the flavor. I haven't. Lol. From HHV gandalf and mocha java smooth are my number 1 and #2 at the moment. Gandalf is excellent but does need to steep. After about 4 days the color will even change. I've tried quite a few of theirs though. Oompa, PB cookie, georgia peach tobacco, dragons fire, cinful pear, huntsman, and blade runner. I think that's all. :/

13. Hulamoon

May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    OH NOOOOO!!! Waaaaay too much information! 8-o :D

14. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    I think the worst I had read on them in here was that the taste was like stale soda. Heck I though, stale soda?, that's not THAT bad. Never heard anyone mention pine. But that's certainly what I get out of it. And ya I don't like pine anything either. Lol.

15. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Lol. Yes that is definitely a flavor description you are not likely to see on their site. I can safely check funeral parlor embalming fluid off my list of juices to try.

16. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Hmmm . . . the only one of those 3 MOV juices I've had was the Gold, which tasted to me like a good honey tobacco (not nearly as good as Dragon's Fire, though! :D).

I also got, and really liked, MOV's Blue Ridge tobacco (a sort of blueberry-tobacco juice).

I did not taste any OFF :)lol:), but they do have a distinctive base flavor which I cannot pinpoint. I decided not to order any more MOV when I noticed that the tasty Blue Ridge had a distinctly odd blue color to it, and was told by the vendor that that color came from one of the artificial flavorings they use! :ohmy:

Sorry, I don't want artifical colors in my vape juice! :(

17. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    I emailed them tonight just to see what's up. I think it's odd that I get a strong pine flavor in all of these. Like I told them, even smelling the juice in the bottle smells like frickin pine sol.

18. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Nope. Gaack. Just tried the gold again since you mentioned it. Maybe I'm
    Just super sensitive to pine flavoring. Cause that's all I taste. Ughhh now I gotta get that taste out of my 306.

19. Hulamoon

May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    Some other folks have had this problem with certain juices and suggested it could be "tobacco absolute" that you're getting that flavor from.So you might want to avoid juices with that particular ingredient in them. Just a thought for you. PS Here's a link to P 185 of the RY4 roundup that talks a bit about that pinesol :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long-185.html

20. MsMacgyver

MsMacgyver Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Illinois
    OK..Maybe it's just too early but who's MOV?...:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.