Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Just received my 3 15 ml samples today. It's not often that I really don't like a juice. I can usually vape one even if it's not great. These? Nope. Can't do it. I won't even elaborate much. I got the 555, the ry4, and the gold. Here's the breakdown. The 555 is a potent, perfumey, piney, insect repellant. The ry4 is a slightly sweeter insect repellant and the gold is a smoky insect repellant. That's the only way I can describe them. I get that same strong pine flavor in all of them and it just reminds me of OFF. Sorry MOV, these aren't for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Wow, that's a shame. I had targeted MOV as my next sampler pack. In fact, I was going to place the order for the sampler last night but I saw they were in the midst of moving and I didn't feel like waiting for them to sort through that before shipping my stuff. So I ordered a sampler from Heather's Heavenly Vapes instead. Maybe I'll hold back on that MOC sampler until I can see more responses in your thread. Thanks for the heads up.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Honestly I think it's just their tobacco line. Can't blame anyone for wanting to have their own "flavor" to a tobacco line but this stuff just ain't good. Not for me anyway. I hate to ask them about it they might want to send me more! Lol I'm sure someone into pine flavoring would probably like it. Oh and had just got a pm from another guy. Steeping don't help this stuff.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Wow, that's a shame. I had targeted MOV as my next sampler pack. In fact, I was going to place the order for the sampler last night but I saw they were in the midst of moving and I didn't feel like waiting for them to sort through that before shipping my stuff. So I ordered a sampler from Heather's Heavenly Vapes instead. Maybe I'll hold back on that MOC sampler until I can see more responses in your thread. Thanks for the heads up.

HHV, three thumbs up. I've had a few from them that aren't exactly my favorite but still not bad at all. They have 2 of my absolute favorites.

MOV, well I'm not digging that pine flavor that's for sure. Lol. I had read some great things too. But yikes.

paulbald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
La Salle,Illinois
Honestly I think it's just their tobacco line. Can't blame anyone for wanting to have their own "flavor" to a tobacco line but this stuff just ain't good. Not for me anyway. I hate to ask them about it they might want to send me more! Lol I'm sure someone into pine flavoring would probably like it. Oh and had just got a pm from another guy. Steeping don't help this stuff.

Maybe I should cancel my order then.I don't like the smell or taste of pine!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Smart move - sample sizes first! I have the same problem with specific "types" of tobaccos too, but don't have any real world experience of how these taste smoked to know what to stay away from. I know that I don't like Latakia, (Vapenstein's London/Ahlusion Devil Dog). But others will tell you 100% sincerely that it's the best thing they ever vaped. Put them on the classies. I'm sure someone will be delighted to buy them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
HHV, three thumbs up. I've had a few from them that aren't exactly my favorite but still not bad at all. They have 2 of my absolute favorites.

MOV, well I'm not digging that pine flavor that's for sure. Lol. I had read some great things too. But yikes.

What are the two HHV's you like?

As for the "flavor" line, I know what you mean. Got some samplers from this one company (Zee Cigs I think it was) and everyone of them tasted the same. Tasted just like a friggin' funeral parlor. You know, the embalming fluid that leeches out of the dead body that the funeral home tries covering up with floral scent? That chemically floral disgusting bilge made me want to throw up.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois

As for the "flavor" line, I know what you mean. Got some samplers from this one company (Zee Cigs I think it was) and everyone of them tasted the same. Tasted just like a friggin' funeral parlor. That chemically floral disgusting bilge made me want to throw up.

Yeah I just recently found another companies tobacco line that has a plasticky taste that's in their whole tobacco line. Didn't care much for that either. I was told that I'd get used to the flavor. I haven't. Lol. From HHV gandalf and mocha java smooth are my number 1 and #2 at the moment. Gandalf is excellent but does need to steep. After about 4 days the color will even change. I've tried quite a few of theirs though. Oompa, PB cookie, georgia peach tobacco, dragons fire, cinful pear, huntsman, and blade runner. I think that's all. :/

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
OH NOOOOO!!! Waaaaay too much information! 8-o :D

As for the "flavor" line, I know what you mean. Got some samplers from this one company (Zee Cigs I think it was) and everyone of them tasted the same. Tasted just like a friggin' funeral parlor. You know, the embalming fluid that leeches out of the dead body that the funeral home tries covering up with floral scent? That chemically floral disgusting bilge made me want to throw up.

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Maybe I should cancel my order then.I don't like the smell or taste of pine!

I think the worst I had read on them in here was that the taste was like stale soda. Heck I though, stale soda?, that's not THAT bad. Never heard anyone mention pine. But that's certainly what I get out of it. And ya I don't like pine anything either. Lol.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Hmmm . . . the only one of those 3 MOV juices I've had was the Gold, which tasted to me like a good honey tobacco (not nearly as good as Dragon's Fire, though! :D).

I also got, and really liked, MOV's Blue Ridge tobacco (a sort of blueberry-tobacco juice).

I did not taste any OFF :)lol:), but they do have a distinctive base flavor which I cannot pinpoint. I decided not to order any more MOV when I noticed that the tasty Blue Ridge had a distinctly odd blue color to it, and was told by the vendor that that color came from one of the artificial flavorings they use! :ohmy:

Sorry, I don't want artifical colors in my vape juice! :(

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Hmmm . . . the only one of those 3 MOV juices I've had was the Gold, which tasted to me like a good honey tobacco (not nearly as good as Dragon's Fire, though! :D).

I also got, and really liked, MOV's Blue Ridge tobacco (a sort of blueberry-tobacco juice).

I did not taste any OFF :)lol:), but they do have a distinctive base flavor which I cannot pinpoint. I decided not to order any more MOV when I noticed that the tasty Blue Ridge had a distinctly odd blue color to it, and was told by the vendor that that color came from one of the artificial flavorings they use! :ohmy:

Sorry, I don't want artifical colors in my vape juice! :(

I emailed them tonight just to see what's up. I think it's odd that I get a strong pine flavor in all of these. Like I told them, even smelling the juice in the bottle smells like frickin pine sol.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Some other folks have had this problem with certain juices and suggested it could be "tobacco absolute" that you're getting that flavor from.So you might want to avoid juices with that particular ingredient in them. Just a thought for you. PS Here's a link to P 185 of the RY4 roundup that talks a bit about that pinesol :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long-185.html

I emailed them tonight just to see what's up. I think it's odd that I get a strong pine flavor in all of these. Like I told them, even smelling the juice in the bottle smells like frickin pine sol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread