Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Lol. Glad you got it. ;) anyway just wanted to update everyone. I received the reply this morning to my email to MOV. There's no "pine" flavor in these juices but they are aware of exactly what flavor I'm not liking (of course theyre not going to say exactly what it is) and I get from that it is a flavor present throughout their tobacco line. So not sure what flavor exactly it may be but to me it tastes like pine. Been thinking though, maybe citronella? What's in those citronella candles? Eucalyptus?

WhatSheSaid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Duncan, OK
I just got my tobacco sampler yesterday and I had the same reaction as the OP. :(( I didn't taste pine, though, I tasted wood smoke. It's unfortunate because these smell amazing, but not for me. I'm just glad I bought the sampler. And if someone likes woodsmoke flavor, this will be right up their alley!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Smart move - sample sizes first! I have the same problem with specific "types" of tobaccos too, but don't have any real world experience of how these taste smoked to know what to stay away from. I know that I don't like Latakia, (Vapenstein's London/Ahlusion Devil Dog). But others will tell you 100% sincerely that it's the best thing they ever vaped. Put them on the classies. I'm sure someone will be delighted to buy them.

Come on now, who in their right mind would ever say that Devil Dog is the best thing they ever vaped?

pdre043613.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha​

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Ladies and gentlemen, don't you believe a word he's saying - it's a crafty maneouvre on his part to keep it all for himself. Mann, you are so busted LOL

Come on now, who in their right mind would ever say that Devil Dog is the best thing they ever vaped?

pdre043613.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha​

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I can't describe that perfumy chemical funeral parlor flavor either. It seems that suppliers either use it or don't. Maybe it is the tobacco absolute. Maybe it's the base. Maybe it's my tastebuds. I don't know. I just got some Halo samples and that flavor is there. And people love Halo. I wish someone had an answer.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I can't describe that perfumy chemical funeral parlor flavor either. It seems that suppliers either use it or don't. Maybe it is the tobacco absolute. Maybe it's the base. Maybe it's my tastebuds. I don't know. I just got some Halo samples and that flavor is there. And people love Halo. I wish someone had an answer.

Hmmm I just got some halo samples of tribeca and freedom juice and don't taste that in those. They're pretty good actually but I can't use them because of their high pg content.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Halo will lose that taste/smell upon a couple weeks. Contact Halo and they will tell you approximately how long per flavor. Halo Freedom and Captain Jack are good to go out of the box. Halo Prime 15, while I used to love it out of the box, it takes a few weeks. They don't use (I believe) TA, TA is very strong and you will know it when you taste it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So, Mr Mann, you didnt like the Devil Dog? I was not sure if your were being silly or if you really didnt like it. I have had on my list of "juices to try" for a couple months now. What didnt you like about it. I tend to like most of the suggestions and reviews you do so I will usually see if you've reviewed it before I take a chance on something unique or not so popular.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
So, Mr Mann, you didnt like the Devil Dog? I was not sure if your were being silly or if you really didnt like it. I have had on my list of "juices to try" for a couple months now. What didnt you like about it. I tend to like most of the suggestions and reviews you do so I will usually see if you've reviewed it before I take a chance on something unique or not so popular.

The biggest thing I hate about Devil Dog is that it has a bottom to the bottle. Seriously, what's with that bottle having limits of the amount of juice that can fit in it? I think Ahlusion should send me a dripper bottle of Devil Dog that replenishes itself after every remarkably fantastic drip! Did I like Devil Dog? Not unless you call "madly in love" "like." It is my tobacco wishes fulfilled, period.

5-Stars.jpg

Devildog.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
In other words avid, he was being silly, because he doesn't want a run on the stuff and find out they're out of stock :D Devil Dog is a humdinger if you like that particular flavor. I was told it's latakia....is it latakia Mr. M?

Virgina, Burley, Latakia, a little Perique and helluva bite.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
LOL, I thought I heard that undertone of sarcasm when you said that. It seemed it was a good contender. I love the name. I set a certain amount for the end of the month for juice. I tend stick to my favs and make sure I have some of my basics, but with all these new wonderful flavors its hard to choose. My basic used to be rawrs Poison, but now it tastes synthetic to me. I have started to make sure I have a large bottle of Vermillions Classic blend, but now theres Gandalf. I really want to try HHV tobacco. But now I love the Plume Rooms tobacco. Decisions, decisions.

Now that I spent a bit more on my new Saber Touch I have to slow down till my ecig budget catches up. We are supposed to save money?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
LOL, I thought I heard that undertone of sarcasm when you said that. It seemed it was a good contender. I love the name.

Yeah, Ahlusion's Devil Dog is very near and dear to Wlad, the owners, heart. If you look closely at picture, you will see a flag in back of the tobacco image, that presumably reads "United States Marine Corps." Wlad is a Marine and "Devil Dog" is a nickname for a Marine. This juice is a favorite amongst many of Wlads comrades and it is easy to tell why a juice this badazz is fit for a vaping Marine.

**LINK**
Devil_Dog__4f5772b2315d5.jpg

p.s. There is a discount for military members.

My apologies for being off topic. MOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOV​

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Yeah, Ahlusion's Devil Dog is very near and dear to Wlad, the owners, heart. If you look closely at picture, you will see a flag in back of the tobacco image, that presumably reads "United States Marine Corps." Wlad is a Marine and "Devil Dog" is a nickname for a Marine. This juice is a favorite amongst many of Wlads comrades and it is easy to tell why a juice this badazz is fit for a vaping Marine.

**LINK**
View attachment 130471

p.s. There is a discount for military members.

My apologies for being off topic. MOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOVMOV​

I was gonna get that one when I got those other 2 but it was one of those not offered in a low enough pg for me. I coulda asked them to customize it I guess but that's just too much trouble. Lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I was gonna get that one when I got those other 2 but it was one of those not offered in a low enough pg for me. I coulda asked them to customize it I guess but that's just too much trouble. Lol.

The hard nose tobacco extract vendors, or at least certain lines from these vendors, are not very customizeable. I think those juices have been perfected to taste and for some reason those vendors won't budge on the ratio, or at least will only budge a little. As a side note, Vapenstein's Paris is 100% vg. I really wish there was an all vg option for you, but you could always contact Wlad and tell him your situation and maybe there will be something he could do.

I think there should be another thread started for the evil k-9! lol

Lickskitty

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
West Virginia
Well I got my MOV 15ml 3 pack today. I was very excited to get these because of all the good reviews I have read on their tobacco flavors.
I must say I do not like any of them. It is the base that I do not like because all 3 had a weird taste that I couldnt stand. I have had this flavor before when eating or drinking something that I hated. I think it is some kind of cinnamon, nutmeg, eggnog, flavor that I just do not like at all. It seems as if it is a quality product as far as vapor production and no chemical taste. Again, I do not taste any pine/perfume/chemical flavor. The flavor they use is something I have had before in food or drink and I remember hating it almost to the point of nausea. Same thing happened when I tried these juices. Sorry to be negative but cant please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread