Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I got my Phoenix from these guys, figured I'd pick up some juice to try out while I was a it. Only one I got was White Leaf, which I guess is supposed to be a vanilla tobacco flavor. Didn't come across to my taste buds at all, there's something else in the base that totally overpowers it--sniffing under the cap is like opening up a bottle of dollar store brand Pine-Sol.

Exactly. I found the same thing in 555,ry4, and the gold. So nasty and overpowering I couldn't taste anything else.....but ahhh wait....I'm gonna do a big flip flop here. Today the 555 actually tasted kinda smoky and NUTTY. No more pine sol flavor at all! The ry4...no more pine sol either. I can taste Carmel although I get something bitter that I'm not liking. And the gold? Nope no help for the gold. It's still tastes like insect repellant. Ive had these steeping for just over a week. The owner Steve said they may reformulate the gold. Guess ppl been complaining. But that nasty pine flavoring or whatever it was is no longer in the 555 or the ry4. The 555 really isn't all that bad now. Would I reorder it? No, but at least I can vape this 15mls without hurling.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I had the same experience with MOV.. I won a bottle in a contest, tried one of their flavors and it wasn't horrible, so thought I'd try a sampler. I ordered TWO sampler packs.. 16 bottles and detected that nasty undertone in absolutely every bottle. I was devastated!! They're lovely people, have terrific customer service but their blends are just plain not for me. People rave about them, and I'm glad they have some fans, but I'm not one of them. HHV has restored my taste for the tobacco juice.. they're quite fabulous! And no nasty undertone there either.

I'm with you. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
After steeping MOV isn't so much pine now as maybe a hickory smoke flavor.

Curious, DI, have you tried any of their non-tobacco based juices?

Also, can you guys educate me on one from Ahlusions......it was fantastic, and I mean, smooth. Smooth. Smooth.
Not ironically it's called Smooth Criminal I think. Is that an RY4?

There was just that hint of RY4 and I don't like RY4 so maybe it's my iimagination. But this stuff is so vapeable!

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Curious, DI, have you tried any of their non-tobacco based juices?

Also, can you guys educate me on one from Ahlusions......it was fantastic, and I mean, smooth. Smooth. Smooth.
Not ironically it's called Smooth Criminal I think. Is that an RY4?

There was just that hint of RY4 and I don't like RY4 so maybe it's my iimagination. But this stuff is so vapeable!

I have not. Initially these were so bad I would have never tried anything else but seems how the 555 became pretty good I could see myself trying their non tobacco flavors. I haven't had smooth criminal. I did try peachy criminal but didn't like it. Had that and vecchio blend and both had a plasticky taste to me.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
A strange thing happens with some juices for me. My first vape and I think yuck. Then my second and third draw i think I definitely do not like this. But I persevere and after my 10th draw I am actually looking forward to my eleventh draw.
I think some juices have to place themselves within your palette fully before you can acquire the fullness of the flavor.

This.

Some juices change drastically, some juices change some while the palate accepts it differently.

Rodnaz

Aug 20, 2012
Phoenix Az
I do not get any pine-sol taste from MOV Gold. It has a slight taste honey taste but not to much. A bit more honey would be ok with me. I found it a little strong on TH so I mixed in about 20% of Applewood. That made it perfect. I also added 10% VG to another carto of gold, that was good as well. All of my tobacco flavors are 70-30 & at 18mg of nicotine. Applewood is mild with a hint of apple. ry4 is pretty smooth as well & I really like Legendary. I personally do not like a strong TH so my next order from MOV will be mixed at 60 PG & 40 VG except for Applewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread