Moving on from Provari.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick L

Jan 15, 2015
Indiantown FL USA
I am in need of some suggestions for replacement gear. I currently use a Provari 18490 powered APV topped with a Kabuki. I have had the same set up for the past three years. I purchased three complete sets but am down to the last one (one fell in the swimming pool and the second was stolen from my car).

Now that Provape has closed their doors, what would be a suitable equivalent? Durability, esthetics, overall quality

Would a Dicodes box mod meet my needs?
I am not averse to temperature control but it is not a necessity.

I am also considering taking the plunge and adding an rta to my arsenal. Would a kayfun Prime be a good choice?

TIA for your suggestions.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The provarotti are the people to ask this of. Iirc @Letitia is one. There are several others though.
I have never used a Provari, simply want one for my collection. Of course would have to try it as well. @DPLongo22 and @redeuce might be able to help much more than myself.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Several Provarinati are in the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w subforum and highly recommend it as being very similar to the Provari. @Katdarling , @DPLongo22,, @redeuce, @Baditude, @gnees, among others.

I have had one for a few months now and absolutely love it. I even bought one for my son for Christmas. I purchased the JAC based on the recommendations of the above Provarinati and the stellar reviews on You Tube.

I use an ORIGINAL Uwell Crown clearomizer on my JAC.

If you have any questions, stop by that forum and introduce yourself.

dna75-kit.jpg
images
Sandstorm-Render-Screen-On.jpg

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Several Provarinati are in the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w subforum and highly recommend it as being very similar to the Provari. @Katdarling , @DPLongo22 and @redeuce @Baditude among others.

I have had one for a few months now and absolutely love it. I even bought one for my son for Christmas. I purchased the JAC based on the recommendations of the above Provarinati and the stellar reviews on You Tube.

dna75-kit.jpg
images

^^^ What he said ^^^

Also known as, "Welp, YEPPERS!" :D

Reactions: Katdarling

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I will check out the JAC thread. The metallic finish looks nice.
The Sandstone finish is the one preferred. The black is a rubberized paint finish that is not that resistant to scratches. The Sandstone has an appearance of brushed anodised aluminum (but its not) and is a much more durable finish.

The black JAC accepts a 22mm tank. The Sandstone JAC accepts a 25mm tank.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks for the responses. I was spoiled with my Provaris.... always reliable, could take a beating, esthetically pleasing to the eye.

I will check out the JAC thread. The metallic finish looks nice.
    Could always check out the classifieds here and other forums for another provari. The 2.5's were going pretty cheap the last yr. GL

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Several Provarinati are in the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w subforum and highly recommend it as being very similar to the Provari. @Katdarling , @DPLongo22 and @redeuce @Baditude @gnees among others.

dna75-kit.jpg
    images

Thank you, Bad'tude. You know I love my Jackies (OH!), and I also love my 17,017 kollection of Provis, too. ;)

I have a (welp, yep yep) feeling that anyone would be happy with either.

Or, happier happiest with both. :D

(kwick study, me) :laugh:

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Florida
    I recently caved and sold all my provari's...

but on to mods.

I recently bought the geekvape aegis.
    Points i like to share. It's waterproof. I have a pool so that was important to me.
    it's almost indestructible. Lots of videos on youtube about that to look up.
    It looks so much better in person. I was not fond of the looks but decided to order one for the durability. I was very impressed. I got the black and brown leather got a deal at eciggity i couldn't pass up.
    also, black and stainless steel tanks look great on it. the buttons are nice and clicky yet still feel quality. the entire mod just screams quality. I put a 26650 battery in mine and it lasts a pretty long time, over a day vaping around 40-50 watts. the menu system is really super easy to navigate. something i really appreciated.
    i don't know what chip it has, but all my tanks just feel smoother on the aegis.
    i use uwell crown, uwell crown 3, the drop, the kensei, NRG tank.

I have the Jac but it's not my favorite. i had a issue with the magnets for a little while, they kept coming out. And i get a ohms too high error all the time. all my coils are .5's and the dna 75 mods have some sort of amp limit on them. I put a wrap on mine immediately because i've heard and seen pics of the finish peeling off. It feels like a quality mod, but i know two people who had there's less than a year and they aren't working any more. to have it fixed you have to ship internationally.

I have the revenger x and my fire button it's frozen about 25% of the time.

i have the swag and love it for portability. it feels kinda light but i've never had a issue with it.

I also have a ijoy genie, came with 2 batteries for less than $50 from 3fvape. i love it almost as much as the aegis. but its a bigger mod. i came to really love the size though. it never tips over, fits well in my cup holder, has a flash light that i appreciate, it's comfortable to hold and i get two days out of a battery i think. Hard to say because i use both the aegis and the genie daily.

whatever you choose to use i hope it works well for you.

i googled best of 2017 mods on you tube and watched lots of reviewers. vaping with vic was really helpful in pinpointing the pros and cons of devices and hardware. and there are many others too.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I recently caved and sold all my provari's...

but on to mods.

I recently bought the geekvape aegis.
    Points i like to share. It's waterproof. I have a pool so that was important to me.
    it's almost indestructible. Lots of videos on youtube about that to look up.
    It looks so much better in person. I was not fond of the looks but decided to order one for the durability. I was very impressed. I got the black and brown leather got a deal at eciggity i couldn't pass up.
    also, black and stainless steel tanks look great on it. the buttons are nice and clicky yet still feel quality. the entire mod just screams quality. I put a 26650 battery in mine and it lasts a pretty long time, over a day vaping around 40-50 watts. the menu system is really super easy to navigate. something i really appreciated.
    i don't know what chip it has, but all my tanks just feel smoother on the aegis.
    i use uwell crown, uwell crown 3, the drop, the kensei, NRG tank.

I have the Jac but it's not my favorite. i had a issue with the magnets for a little while, they kept coming out. And i get a ohms too high error all the time. all my coils are .5's and the dna 75 mods have some sort of amp limit on them. I put a wrap on mine immediately because i've heard and seen pics of the finish peeling off. It feels like a quality mod, but i know two people who had there's less than a year and they aren't working any more. to have it fixed you have to ship internationally.

I have the revenger x and my fire button it's frozen about 25% of the time.

i have the swag and love it for portability. it feels kinda light but i've never had a issue with it.

I also have a ijoy genie, came with 2 batteries for less than $50 from 3fvape. i love it almost as much as the aegis. but its a bigger mod. i came to really love the size though. it never tips over, fits well in my cup holder, has a flash light that i appreciate, it's comfortable to hold and i get two days out of a battery i think. Hard to say because i use both the aegis and the genie daily.

whatever you choose to use i hope it works well for you.

i googled best of 2017 mods on you tube and watched lots of reviewers. vaping with vic was really helpful in pinpointing the pros and cons of devices and hardware. and there are many others too.
    I also very much like the ageis. It’s not a mod for small hands but it’s ruggedness is unbeatable. It will also take very large tanks. My favorite tank is 30mm so it’s kind of a win. Also makes the ageis look less hulking because it’s not small either. If you don’t want to co with a cartridge tank the aromamizer plus hits like an RDA, holds 10ml of juice, and once you get it’s somewhat involved wicking process down it’s pretty leak resistant.
    AC861B8E-C1E9-4C41-BC4F-22990DAA1CFF.jpeg

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2016
    I’m a Provape fan and hope mine will last. Have not tried Dicodes but it is my understanding that they are awesome and have outstanding quality.

In December I bought 3 Jac Vapour DNA 75, 2 were given to friends. The Jac feels very nice and the DNA chip works well (still I prefer my Radii) but one of the mods came with a death screen so I gave mine to the friend that received the faulty Jac. Now I’m told that the other mod magnets just fell from the battery cover.

So I’m not really sure about Jac Vapour. They are good looking mods, they have this well made and heavy feeling, and DNA is a very good chip, BUT having 2 mods out of 3 with quality issues is a bad sign. Not sure if I will buy me another. They have very nice people answering mails but I live in Mexico and I’m not sure I will send back the mod with the dead screen as they will not be able to send me back once it’s repaired.

Regarding the Prime, if you are in the MTL side of the force, it is an awesome RTA and has the best things from the K5 and the Mini v3. I find myself using more the K5 rather than the Prime but that’s just because I got used to it and has a larger tank.

The Prime has a beautiful tight draw .

#prayformexico

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m a Provape fan and hope mine will last. Have not tried Dicodes but it is my understanding that they are awesome and have outstanding quality.

In December I bought 3 Jac Vapour DNA 75, 2 were given to friends. The Jac feels very nice and the DNA chip works well (still I prefer my Radii) but one of the mods came with a death screen so I gave mine to the friend that received the faulty Jac. Now I’m told that the other mod magnets just fell from the battery cover.

So I’m not really sure about Jac Vapour. They are good looking mods, they have this well made and heavy feeling, and DNA is a very good chip, BUT having 2 mods out of 3 with quality issues is a bad sign. Not sure if I will buy me another. They have very nice people answering mails but I live in Mexico and I’m not sure I will send back the mod with the dead screen as they will not be able to send me back once it’s repaired.

Regarding the Prime, if you are in the MTL side of the force, it is an awesome RTA and has the best things from the K5 and the Mini v3. I find myself using more the K5 rather than the Prime but that’s just because I got used to it and has a larger tank.

The Prime has a beautiful tight draw .

#prayformexico
    Every mod I’ve ever had that had magnets eventually lost them. Sometimes several times. It’s to be expected. The best solution I’ve found is get all the old glue off both the magnet and the hole, fill the hole 1/3 with superglue pop the magnet in and let it dry. Then take a razor blade and scrape the excess glue off the top of the magnet, leaving some in the edges. This usually holds but not always. Those things are just hard to make stay.

Silka

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 18, 2015
    Australia
    Also a Provari Fan and would suggest buying one from the Classies if you can, but having said that.... I am betraying my first love and buying a Stabwood Dani Box for my 4yr Vaperversary in April.
    Its too hard to get Provari's here in Australia now and hoping the Dicodes will be my last big vaping expense - All I have read says they are great quality & worth the Dosh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread