Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
FDA Ban on Flavored E-Cigarettes Is Still Being Debated
Zeller explained that regulating companies like juul is “a balancing act,” due to testimonies from former smokers claiming flavored cigarettes have helped them quit. “When it comes to kids, a comprehensible plan is needed,” the director told the Committee. “We’re using as many regulatory and statutory tools that we have.”
...House members appeared to be pushing for a full ban of flavored e-cigarettes, Zeller maintained that the move to “clear the market” of these products is still being studied by his team.
He also confirmed that flavored e-cigarette usage has risen at “disturbing” rates among middle and high school students, though there’s “no definitive answer” as to why injuries have risen in recent months.
Zeller also noted the importance of differentiating between the epidemic of nicotine-delivering e-cigarettes being used by teens and THC-containing vaping device being sold illegally. He also reiterated the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) findings of traces of THC and Vitamin E acetate being found in the samples from injury cases.
...appears the hearing has only pushed the House to further its agenda for an all-out vape product ban.

Edit:

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm done torturing myself with this stuff. 99% of Congress is just self massage anyway. I don't know how they get anything done.
That may be a good thing.
Indeed. Based on what I saw in that hearing, if they "get anything done", it certainly won't be good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread