Mt. baker vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I emailed mt. baker vapor asking about diketones in their juice. They replied stating "Our MSDS (Manufacturers Declaration) from the manufacturer who produces the base flavor compounds that we use in our flavoring does not declare Diacetyl, Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl, or other known variations thereof, in it's construction". I asked who they get their flavors from and they replied back with "Unfortunately we would not be able to give you the exact name as that is proprietary information to us and the company".
So they are making claims that cant be backed up. something doesn't sound right especially considering every other juice company I have contacted, that didn't publicly post test results, was at least able to tell me who they used for flavoring.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
if the company them selves wont provide this information how is it that it seems to be a known fact?

When I replied, I wasn't stating a fact, just what I've heard. And, you know how well that works for news media, for example. I do seem to recall that there was a question about diketones on the Mt. Baker forum over a year ago, and what I recall is someone on behalf of Mt. Baker saying they'd be releasing those some time in the future. They haven't, and I can no longer find that those older posts in their forum.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I think the diketones thing is blown waaayyy out of proportion. But that's a different thread. That being said, MBV was not being dishonest with you. They stated that their manufacturers DID NOT DECLARE these chemicals. That doesn't mean they are not there. It's just another way of saying "I don't know ".

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I think the diketones thing is blown waaayyy out of proportion. But that's a different thread. That being said, MBV was not being dishonest with you. They stated that their manufacturers DID NOT DECLARE these chemicals. That doesn't mean they are not there. It's just another way of saying "I don't know ".
I never implied or said they were being dishonest.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Sorry I misunderstood, but your last paragraph in the first post, lead me to think otherwise.

Read it three times myself. Inferred the same as you did. You're not alone.

Not had any trouble with Mt. Baker. They respond to any emails with concerns knowledgeably, in a timely manner, usually belaying any concerns. As a customer I'm understanding that to maintain my custom the vendor, any vendor, may choose withholding exact juice recipes. Fine with that so long as I'm assured juice contents are GRAS. Always had that with Mt. Baker.

GRAS or G.R.A.S is an acronym that means Generally Recognized As Safe. Some may not have been aware of that meaning.

I myself do not use butter tasting, custard, creamy flavored juices. Even so, feel confident that Mt. Baker is on the level regarding any of those flavors. They use GRAS ingredients as far as I'm aware, in all their flavors.

I once tried some samples from EC Blends. I did not like the juices used from them. They were different flavors from normal, yes. Still, to me even after letting them set w/ open caps a few days, the juices tasted funky when vaped. There are many others who swear by EC Blend juices.

I did enjoy a few tastes of some of the six flavors, though they too went funky on me. Okay, I can say for me, EC Blend's juices seem not to suit. I don't like EC Blend's juices. I would love to enjoy them, really I would as they run great prices.

But, ... I am not bad mouthing EC Blend's service, products. I say their products for whatever reason the fates offered up, simply didn't suit me. That is a matter of subjective taste. Who knows? I might order more samples from them, get wonderful products that I do like. They may have just had a bad production week that time? Stuff happens.

No point in showing disrespect for people doing the work to deliver a product because your personal taste does not match their desired customer taste. There's also no point disrespecting a man/woman who is Muslim living in a Christian community. All it is ultimately is a different view, different way of thinking, a different opinion. Be tolerant, understanding, kind. We are walking rough paths.

Not everyone or everything is a bogey man, or monster. No need to holler and yell it is. I recall a story about a little boy yelling wolf. Well, I ramble too much. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread