Mtl vaper needs better tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Hello guys...I have been vaping for five years and I just switched to non-tobacco juices and want to vape higher vg juices because it is making me feel better and what I have been seeing on my search for juices is the same pattern.

The juices that are considered the better juices are all high vg 70 vg and higher. Almost every youtube review is being done by drippers and it seems that the mtl people are being left behind and I think it is going to get worse. Most juice makers are going after the drippers because that is where the money is and I do not blame them.

I vape on a provari mini with a nautilus and I am not being satisfied at all. The taste of the juices are great but the flavor is muted because of what i need to use. Manufactures are also going after the dripping crowd, again that is where the money is.

I do not want to build or sub ohm and I really do not want to drip. I ask you what is there for me? The nautilus has no power and cannot handle high vg. Let me tell you, it is going to get worse. All I see are small lines of juice and very high vg. I need something better than a Nautilus to enjoy the great flavors out there.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The new Siren GTA is supposed to be good... then there's the new Cthulhu MTL RTA. I don't have either of these, but I think it's a good sign that MTL vapers are not being forgotten.

Outside of those newer units, I've been pleased with the performance of the Subtank Mini/Toptank Mini with RBA and the eGo ONE line with the CLR heads. With those, wicking is key...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The Siren that Shawn mentioned has been very good for me. The wicking is very easy to do, but you have to play a bit find the best way to get your flavor perfect. Once done, it's great.

The best flavor I get, and by a long shot, is via the SXK Nebula Wine, but they're nowhere to be found and they're prone to wetness.

Just one more opinion for you - good luck with your search.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Siren that Shawn mentioned has been very good for me. The wicking is very easy to do, but you have to play a bit find the best way to get your flavor perfect. Once done, it's great.

The best flavor I get, and by a long shot, is via the SXK Nebula Wine, but they're nowhere to be found and they're prone to wetness.

Just one more opinion for you - good luck with your search.
I really like my Nebula, but I would not have considered it a MTL... more of a restricted DTL...

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I really like my Nebula, but I would not have considered it a MTL... more of a restricted DTL...

Idunno - It's great MTL for me. I'm using small bore Pinnacle tips. The flavor is amazing (for my taste buds). I don't do any DTL vaping so you may be right, but they definitely do MTL quite well too.

I do think that the tips matter though, so that may be what's doing it for me. I wish I could find something as good, without the downsides. I was hoping that the Siren would be that, but it's not as flavorful to me.

IMG_20160926_193604 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: Eskie

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hey. I am going through something else and am using 100% vg in these kayfun and phenomenon, specifically made and built for mtl vaping. I'm making my own vg based vanilla in the jar, it looks iffy but it's only been three days.

I usually DIY but since every juice (pretty much) is jammed full of ... I've decided to make my own. So while I'm waiting 6 weeks!!!:eek: for this extract to come I've been using kind juice. 28 gauge kanthal with 1.7 mm bit build. Perfect for me, never a dry hit. To be honest, the only flavours that have tasted kinda real to me. I've tried all the ones that everyone raves about, imo rubbish. Every one. 100% vg is fine if you build like me...
0D0AA327-84DA-4BCE-B6EA-B88E17ABB429-3077-000004EDAAFE65EF_tmp.gif

Also, here's the stuff. Btw, I like the little sprout. Ppl say I'm too old but they're wrong :cool:
IMG_0238.JPG

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
You're going to be building eventually because you won't be able to buy coils, so you might as well give it a try. If you can wrap a wire around a drill bit, you can build. It takes 10 minutes, costs a nickel and the coil will last months. Almost every single person who tries it, kicks themselves for waiting so long. I use a Kayfun mini v3 exclusively at 70/30 and I'm completely satisfied.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
You're going to be building eventually because you won't be able to buy coils, so you might as well give it a try. If you can wrap a wire around a drill bit, you can build. It takes 10 minutes, costs a nickel and the coil will last months. Almost every single person who tries it, kicks themselves for waiting so long. I use a Kayfun mini v3 exclusively at 70/30 and I'm completely satisfied.

Agreed undoubtedly. Just give it a go. You'll be as suprised at how easy and satisfying we all found it.

"Routing for ya :thumbs:"

Reactions: bigbob2322

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
I'm not familiar with your mod and I am fairly new to vaping, but I have a Triton 2 that has 2 openings for juice and it, imo, does not handle juice over 70vg very well. I also have a Sense Herakles Honor that has 6 juice openings and it is capable of handling higher vg juice. Really a nice tank.
Other option - buy a bottle of PG and dilute the high vg juices that you are getting.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My travel system relies on 1.8 ohm Nauti coils. They work fine with 70 VG, and I'm normally a subohm vaper, just low watt small cloud for stealth. I imagine I might have problems at 80 VG or above, but never challenged them.

Have you looked at a Tobeco Super tank or Super Tank mini? It's a very affordable tank that takes any Atlantis style coil which gives you many options in the market. There are Triton (not Triton mini) coils available at 1.8 ohm and Atlantis coils at 1 ohm available. Vaporesso coils and I believe Herakles coils fit as well. They should be able to handle 70-80 VG juice without going "subohm". However, even among subohm systems with factory coils I'm not aware of any that would really handle say a max VG juice well without at least a little thinning.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Hi there...if you are not going to buy coils, you are not going to buy juice. Am I going to have to diy because I tried that and the juice was awful.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Juice is generic. Coils are not. You can use any juice, but you have to be able to get the specific coil for your tank. That being said, juice DIY is pretty easy, just not as easy as coil building. If you follow recipes that have already worked been worked out, you will get a few you're not crazy on, and some you love. But the same thing goes with buying juices. I've never ordered juice and liked all of them. The upside is if you order a bottle of juice and don't like it, you're out $15. If you make a small batch of juice and don't like it, you're out 40 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread