My 1st e-cig (901b)......initial impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
I'm going on my 4th day of vaping, and I have a 901 mini from e-smokeytreats. and I gotta say, ordering it on a wednesday and getting it on a friday...amazing! I never thought I'd be ordering and then vaping within 2 days. I really like the 901 (nothing to compare it to yet). I think everyone's in agreement with the carts being short-lived. I just ordered an 801 penstyle from Ruyandirect. so I'll finally be able to compare.

what's really great is, I realize that I don't wake up and immediately crave a cigarette anymore. I stopped smoking the moment I tried the e-cig. I actually thought, even after my first few puffs, "Eh, I'll finish the pack of smokes I have and give this thing a shot", but the more I puffed on it, the more i realized that I didn't crave an actual cigarette.

orlampagal

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
United States
www.myspace.com
WOW David11 a pack cigs for 2.50?? Here a pack of cigs is no less then $5.00 a pack!

Thanks to the feds, the analogs went from 23 a carton (a month ago) to 43 a carton now... (state tax of 10 bucks plus fed tax of 10 bucks per carton)

Just ordered my 901 for myself and my mom... (2) and an extra atomizer for each... and one spare battery just in case... Also ordered some juice and thinking about ordering extra carts and a car charger.

Any suggs?

Lisa

fredstrong

Feb 24, 2009
Got the Janty Kissbox Classic. Love the product, but unfortuantely they are overwhelmed, and we all know nicotine addiction does not wait an extra 10 days to be placated. So i just ordered a DSE901 mini, from Totally Wicked, and a 30 ml bottle of 36mg vanilla.

I just took my battery off the charger, inserted a cart, and I am puffing away. First impressions: it's harder to drag through than the Kissbox, and it seems to easily get clogged, I don't want to suck in hard when it clogs because it's probably juice. The vapor is ok, but I am not getting much of a throat kick. It's not bad. The kissbox is definitely a superior product, but the DSE901 is my backup. I absolutely hate the blue light. I feel like a ****ing Christmas tree. The vanilla TW juice, is decent. I have a Johnson Creek sampler of juice coming as well. woohoo

bebop

Mar 13, 2009
Thanks to the feds, the analogs went from 23 a carton (a month ago) to 43 a carton now... (state tax of 10 bucks plus fed tax of 10 bucks per carton)

Just ordered my 901 for myself and my mom... (2) and an extra atomizer for each... and one spare battery just in case... Also ordered some juice and thinking about ordering extra carts and a car charger.

Any suggs?

Lisa

I did basically the same order but for my dad. Look into a usb passthru asap. hardware problems will happen and it sucks to be without e-smokes when you make the switch. Bestcig.com might be the best deal on the usb stuff. FYI usb 2.0 is a consideration.

JoeyPgirl

Apr 16, 2009
Ohio
Thank goodness for this forum & all the info learned so far. I may actually be able to give up tobacco cigs in the near future. Finding the perfect e-cig for me has been a 3 month process so far. I am loving my (delivered yesterday) 2 DSE901 USB pass through with juicy peach nic juice from Electronicash. <<--super fast shipping. I have 2 questions about my DSE901 usb passthrough: 1) Should I be able to use the unit plugged into my usb wall charger or usb car charger? I was hoping to. 2) Is it possible to order a round mouthpiece to replace the flat type which comes with the 901? ..if so where from?

Hardware: # DSE901 passthrough from Electronicash #Yeti-510 w/manual batts from Thesmokesafe #E8 from E-cig #M402 from AbsolutelyeCigs

Okay, so - I finally got my 901 replacement in the mail (my first 901!) and I got one batt all charged, got a cart and used a paper towel to soak up the icky existing juice and refilled it with some kickass Sweet Plum from AlternaSmokes and started puffing and...

*Dr. Frankenfurter* OH, HONEY! */Dr. Frankenfurther*

Goodness gracious, what a difference model choice makes! 8-o I mean, my first ecig was a 401 and I really do like it - so far, it's performed like a total champ in the time I've had it (and I, personally, haven't had any problems with the exposed atomizer - it makes it super easy to drip quickly and without too much mess or fuss - I'd be just as likely to recommend n00bs get 401s as their first ecigs, just for the sake of getting exposed atomizer XP), but something about the way the 901 handles its schtuff is just really exceptional.

It's going to take me some time getting used to the way it works (and I think I might need to adjust my draw style) and the difference in construction (with the 401, I could feel the vapor filling the inhaler/mouthpiece, but the encapsulated nature of the 901 makes it feel completely different), but even after using it for just a few minutes, I can tell this is going to be a good'n!

Numnumnumnum!

Last edited:
I have now had my 901 for about three weeks. I haven't had an analog since my second day of vaping. It took me a bit to get used to the 901, but now I think I have down to a science for my individual liking.

I originally ordered a kit, 2 usb passthrough kits, 2 extra atomizers, 1 extra battery and lots of juice. I am at my computer a lot so I use one usb passthrough there and one in the car with an adapter for my cigarette lighter.

I really like these 901s so I was bummed when I thought I would have to buy 510's instead because I tend to kill the automatic batteries when I am out an about. My movements turn them on so I end up with going dead before I can get much use out of them. Luckily, they are coming with manual batteries so that should help out with that.

As for the vapor, I get great vapor from my 901 by keeping my carts topped up. I might get more from another model, but I like the size of the 901. It's easy to be discreet with it.

cedarisle

May 26, 2009
Florida
I really am happy with my 901's so far. Have black and 2 blue, usb charger and wall charger plus lots of juice in different flavors. I've almost exclusively been dripping and it works for me. I seem to have two batts charging all the time, though. Maybe because I'm a heavy vaper. I was a heavy analog smoker, too. I am so grateful I found ecigs. I have been a smoker for a very looong time and for the first time can say I don't smoke cigarettes today. I gave up on the analogs on June 19 and haven't had to look back since. My 901's purchased from my vapor store are working great.

My favorite juice of the day is 555. Full strength, too. Love it.

Wish I could get a pcc for my 901 and hopefully will be ordering green model soon.

By dripping I get that "throat hit" everyone talks about. I limit the drip to two or three drops and it seem to last only a short time. Maybe 8 hits or so. No problem. Just so happy this is working. My dog is happy, too. No nasty second-hand smoke for her to inhale.

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
I Have been using my first PV (a 510) for 3 weeks now, and heard a lot about the DSE901, and i am thinking about getting one of those for 1 reason.

For all you experienced vapers, versus my 510, is it true that you taste your juice a lot more than a 510 (which is rumored to have an atomizer that is hotter than the 901)

Would I taste more flavor with a 901 :confused:

Vapen8

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Hey folks...

The sheet that came with my cig recommended charging the battery for 3 to 4 hours prior to vaping, but after about 1.5-2 hours the light was green so I went ahead and connected the atomizer.

After the first few drags though (about 7-10), it seems I need to work alot harder to get a good hit off it. Instead of a small primer puff I need to take a good 3 primers before getting nice vapor. I'm assuming this is due to the cart drying out but again, being such a noob I don't really know.

I also bought a bottle of e-liquid which will be coming in the mail within a few days. I purchased this a few days AFTER the initial purchase when I learned that 10 cartridges most likely would not last very long. I'm sure I can top off the existing carts and I should be set for a little while....I think lol.

So now I've used 2 carts of 'regular high' and it looks like at this rate I'll be finished with my first 10 carts by tomorrow lol. If I had to judge how many analog cigarettes each cart has been equal to so far, I'd have to say 2-3.....maybe 1-2. Is this normal?

Thoughts?

Thanks for listening!

-Cal
hey ya,
I was crawling all over this forum before I purchased my first and onlky ecig (DSE901). I quickly realized I would order juice with my kit. I have been vaping like crazy. Lovin it. gotta get the juice the first time noobs! lol
also, my usb charger's light is blue not green. and sometimes it flashes red while lit solid blue, and visa versa. Anyone know why or had this happen??
A cart lasts me through at last 7 hours, they come nice and juicy out of the wrapper. lol
I eventually want to get a diffferent model just to see if the flavor gets better than it is now. not saying its bad cause its not, i taste my cappuccino and cola flavors just fine, but I reead that these 901s run a lil hotter than other models and lose some flavor. I wanna check that out.
but I love my 901, and it wors great.

TIP: I did notice that once and a while it will give a weak hit, so I unscrew the bat and blow through the atty the oposite way to push any juice in the atty up to the wick. this works excellently!!! I figure instead of flicking my asjes from an analog i justtoot on my atty once and a while. lol

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
TIP: I did notice that once and a while it will give a weak hit, so I unscrew the bat and blow through the atty the oposite way to push any juice in the atty up to the wick. this works excellently!!! I figure instead of flicking my asjes from an analog i justtoot on my atty once and a while. lol

I do the same thing! I also find that helps if I've taken a couple big vapes in a row and the atty gets a bit hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread