My 1st e-cig (901b)......initial impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryx

Mar 14, 2009
I figured I would throw this up there. I purchased a DSE/BE 901 from bestecig.com a few weeks ago. I agree I'm not that impressed with the carts, but, I love the USB pass-thru battery.It should hopefully last a longer then the average batteries and always allow for a good solid hit. Still waiting on my Dura-C, but, haven't been impressed with the carts on my EVO either. It should hopefully last a longer then the average batteries and always allows for a good solid hit.

Vapor production isn't quite as good as my intellicig EVO on a fresh battery, but the 901 has a strong throat hit. Direct dripping does definatly provide more vapor then their pre-filled carts. In the two and half weeks I've had it, have not had a part go out yet.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm so glad I found all of you. I've tried quitting for several years but I'm an addict. Anyways, I just discovered e cigs a few weeks ago. So, I ordered this model and Njoys.

I cannot even express how excited I am to find e cigs. I think they will change my life! I won't even worry about quitting anymore-- at least not for a while. :)

Yesterday, I smoked this one all afternoon through the evening. I finally got a really strong throat hit, and I loved it. Then the atomizer got really hot and I wasn't able to get a good hit anymore. It was late, and when I changed the cartridge first, then the atomizer, I still couldn't get a good hit going. This morning, though, I put a few drops of the liquid on the atomizer, and it seems to be working really really well. I don't know if yesterday's atomizer is broken yet or not. I hope they last more than a half day!

My NJoys seem to work intermittently, too-- sometimes I get a good drag, sometimes not. I can't seem to figure that out. When both of them work, though, I think I prefer this one.

My 901 came with a USB charger and I love that. But, I also have a USB adapter that fits in my car lighter that I usually plug my Zune (mp3) into. When I do this, the cigarette lights up as if it's working but I get no vapor at all, so it doesn't really seem as if I'll be able to smoke it through my car lighter for long trips.

Any ideas about this?

DEADication

Mar 24, 2009
this is my first post, so please be patient with me!

hi, my friend introduced me to e-cigs, he got his from totallywicked. i've seen a lot of websites mentioned, but i wonder which is the best one to order from. i'm concerned about price, package, quality, and shipping. i want the 901, but i also want to know how best to extend its duration, how long it will last, and what can i order along with a starter kit to make it last up to at least 3 months.

p.s. i tried looking at e-smokeytreats.com, but it seems like their site is busted.

JarDo

Feb 12, 2009
My first e-cig was the stainless DSE901 from puresmoker. I really like it, but just never felt that it was doing enough for me to switch from analogs. So, I decided to try a penstyle. While browseing for the best place to make my penstyle purchase I found a site offering a 901 starter kit for $29 shipped!! Figureing this was a good price I had to order (www . e-cigarette-mart . com) I got it yesterday. First thing... this is NOT the same 901 that puresmoker sells. It's clear that it's manufactured by someone else. The battery has 2 colors of lights, the cartridges are not the same either. But, the parts are interchangeable with the 901 that I got from puresmoker. Though the batteries seem 'cheaper' than puresmoker's (one didn't even work) I can't say ENOUGH about the atomizer. It kicks .... all over the atomizers I got (I ordered a spare) from puresmoker. With the atomizer from e-cigarette-mart.com it's like smoking a regular analog. I'm very serious about this... Day & Night difference!!! I did order a penstyle that I'm still waiting for. But, now, I wish I still had that cash to stock up on these kick-.... 901 atomizers (I'll still buy my batteries, etc... from puresmoker).

diverdown

Mar 16, 2009
Portland, USA
My first e-cig was the stainless DSE901 from puresmoker. I really like it, but just never felt that it was doing enough for me to switch from analogs. So, I decided to try a penstyle. While browseing for the best place to make my penstyle purchase I found a site offering a 901 starter kit for $29 shipped!! Figureing this was a good price I had to order (www . e-cigarette-mart . com) I got it yesterday. First thing... this is NOT the same 901 that puresmoker sells. It's clear that it's manufactured by someone else. The battery has 2 colors of lights, the cartridges are not the same either. But, the parts are interchangeable with the 901 that I got from puresmoker. Though the batteries seem 'cheaper' than puresmoker's (one didn't even work) I can't say ENOUGH about the atomizer. It kicks .... all over the atomizers I got (I ordered a spare) from puresmoker. With the atomizer from e-cigarette-mart.com it's like smoking a regular analog. I'm very serious about this... Day & Night difference!!! I did order a penstyle that I'm still waiting for. But, now, I wish I still had that cash to stock up on these kick-.... 901 atomizers (I'll still buy my batteries, etc... from puresmoker).

I have three of these on the way! I just started e-smoking about a week and a half ago. I had bought a super-mini on ebay and also ordered a 901 platinum from Totally wicked. The 901 kicked .... on the super mini. So I went looking for more. Then I found those for 29.99 and had to get 3! :D I was wondering if they would be the same or not. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how they work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread