My band on the YouTubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
huh...forum imitates life. There is everyone else, moving around, willing to change positions, and there you are, feet planted in one spot, refusing to move despite the beat going on around you. Interesting.

Oh, kick-... band by-the-way :)

This made me giggle. I'm new around here, but totally get this.

Agreed...band kicks ..... I'd go see you!

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
huh...forum imitates life. There is everyone else, moving around, willing to change positions, and there you are, feet planted in one spot, refusing to move despite the beat going on around you. Interesting.

Oh, kick-... band by-the-way :)

LOL

Doood. I'm a bass player. It's all about the wide stance and holding down the low end.

Besides, there are songs where I'm moving around and rocking out. Those two just aren't among them.

:p

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I'd like to hear your best then 'cause "Core Four" ain't too shabby on its own.

We'll be posting more to that page as we finish the video post production. I think there are three other originals from that set. We recorded the audio on eight tracks that we're mixing down and re-synching with the video. The current videos just have the crappy camera audio.

Dacoopah

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
We'll be posting more to that page as we finish the video post production. I think there are three other originals from that set. We recorded the audio on eight tracks that we're mixing down and re-synching with the video. The current videos just have the crappy camera audio.

kewl...I subscribed to the band's channel, will be watching for the new vids.

I'm listening to my son's garage band (literally, they're in the garage) as I type this - I wish they would catch on to your style of music - this throat hollerin' or whatever the heck they are doing is driving me batty.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
kewl...I subscribed to the band's channel, will be watching for the new vids.

I'm listening to my son's garage band (literally, they're in the garage) as I type this - I wish they would catch on to your style of music - this throat hollerin' or whatever the heck they are doing is driving me batty.

I can sympathize. We practice in a space with about a dozen other bands. There are usually at least one or two others there playing when we practice. One is a crushingly loud math rock band that's always working on these time signature changes... and never getting them synched up right. Another is one of the guttural-vocal modern metal bands, and not a particularly good example at that. Harsh and brutal to listen to, but I have a feeling if they heard me say that they'd probably high five each other.

I've been in bands for the better part of 30 years. This one is the first one I've been in where we're not interested in getting signed or touring or any of that other stuff. It's nice to be in what amounts to just a good time rock and roll band.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Awesome, can't wait for more. You guys sound good.

idk, I saw a little jump there at the beginning of core four. :headbang:

I've been in bands for the better part of 30 years. This one is the first one I've been in where we're not interested in getting signed or touring or any of that other stuff. It's nice to be in what amounts to just a good time rock and roll band.

That's the best way. So much more fun eh? I'm missin my band, we haven't played in months due to travel schedules and other crap gettin in the way. I'd share our youtube clips but they're kind of meh :unsure:.

Nice ric btw. I love those basses. Chris Squire and Geddy Lee can't be wrong.

Maybe we should start the outside debate band. Who could we get to play guitar though? Brad, you busy? :D

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

I heard that!
I'm in a similar situation and I've never had more fun.
Is that a 4001 Ric?

....and why is it that the bass players never get any quality camera time unless they happen to be McCartney or Sting? I think it's racist.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Yep. Ric 4001. It's a 1984 vintage example. I've played a dozen different basses over the years, but once I bought that Ric, the gear swapping stopped. It's the best sounding, playing and looking bass I've ever owned.

I'll play any old damn bass if I find it intriguing. I like to play what inspires me at any given time.
I keep about 5 basses in rotation, (not all of them expensive - none bought new) and when I switch I'm always amazed at the different sounds it has to offer and get inspired to approach a song a little differently.
I used to spend some of time over at the Talk Bass forum. The Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) is just as bad there as it is here!
Did you ever used to post at the old Dude Pit bass forum?

This is the most expensive bass I own but rarely play. It's a '72 Guild Starfire modified by Alembic in that same year, featuring Rick Turner's lo-z literally hand-wound trapezoid pickups and Alembic experimental active electronics. It's more of an historical artifact to me but I do perform with it occasionally.
I named it The Supreme Being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread