Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sorry, :D

I have been working more than normal, so haven't done anything for a while...will at the very least be getting lots of pics soon :)
wow........nuttin since april 17th? whut did I say to shut the thread down?? :lol: c'mon y'all............talk! (this thread was super easy to catch up on though) hehehe

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I did get this one, the day before the lake totally thawed :)

IMG_3137.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Not much happening on any of my threads this week.

But Justify won the Derby today! That"s going to be a horse to watch out for!
wow........nuttin since april 17th? whut did I say to shut the thread down?? [emoji38] c'mon y'all............talk! (this thread was super easy to catch up on though) hehehe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I did get this one, the day before the lake totally thawed :)

View attachment 740213
wow, that's gorgeous!

I said talk........not cuss at us! :p

Not much happening on any of my threads this week.

But Justify won the Derby today! That"s going to be a horse to watch out for!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Jup.........definitely be interesting to see if Justify will be a triple crown winner. 4 races I think this year and won em all, so we'll see. My son's two picks came in 16th and 18th, my two picks came in 19th and 20th. This is why we don't gamble!! :facepalm:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey, I have gotten progressively busier and it's not going to let up for a long, long time. It's a good thing, good kind of busy - but no time for youtube.

Time for pictures, though! But not to post them on ECF. File posting on ECF is a royal pain. I created this: Tim (@timbmoody) • Instagram photos and videos so feel free to check that from time to time if you want to see my pics. I just created it so it's only got a few so far - I took over 1800 pics out west, so rest assured more will be added soon as I find time to sort through and edit them (not to mention additional pics in the coming days, months and years)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
If you are referring to me, thanks. Being an old desert rat, I see a lot of beauty in the deserts. Unfortunately, I can't take the heat like I used to, and well, the cold I never did like.
Glad you had a great trip, and enjoyed it. You weren't quite close enough for a quick glass of iced tea somewhere, but maybe next time, eh?
We are off to Albuquerque in a couple weeks, and the drive there I've never gotten tired of, mountains and deserts both.
See it all while you can.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
If you are referring to me, thanks. Being an old desert rat, I see a lot of beauty in the deserts. Unfortunately, I can't take the heat like I used to, and well, the cold I never did like.
Glad you had a great trip, and enjoyed it. You weren't quite close enough for a quick glass of iced tea somewhere, but maybe next time, eh?
We are off to Albuquerque in a couple weeks, and the drive there I've never gotten tired of, mountains and deserts both.
See it all while you can.
I'm thinking next October i will come out for 2 weeks. I'll let you know, would be great to meet up for tea and a vape:)

I'm not used to heat at all and it was almost 110 in DV. I enjoyed it actually, but it was quite intense.

I can't wait for New Mexico.Im hooked on the southwest.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I honestly never expected to like the SW. I just never thought of the desert as being a beautiful landscape. Boy I was wrong. I can't even put it into words how much I love the desert. Walking amongst the shrubs, surrounded by mountains, salamanders and rabbits all over the place, burros running around, wild horses.

And the Sierras are straight out of New Zealand.

California...stunning diversity. Amazing how much the scenery can change in a couple hours' drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread