Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Is a bit of magic in these bottles.... Decisions, Decisions..

ZU4Zjeq.jpg

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I was making Slohands Boba Clone #7 for awhile. But then I grew tired of it.

It's a time consuming recipe to make, and it does taste great, but I think I grew tired of it because there is too much flavoring. I do however really like the Black and Mild super concentrated flavor from VZ. So I just started keeping it simple and mixing just that flavor at 3%.

You got to really pay attention when it comes to making the #7 recipe, at least for me anyways. Because adding too much of one flavor can really ruin the recipe. I don't think I like Capella's Coconut anymore because of this.

I've made the #7 recipe plenty of times, and when it's made right along with time to steep, it tastes pretty good. It's not exactly like BB but it's do-able. It just kinda wore my taste buds down, even at 15%. And I know what you're gonna say...use a lower % right?

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I was making Slohands Boba Clone #7 for awhile. But then I grew tired of it.

It's a time consuming recipe to make, and it does taste great, but I think I grew tired of it because there is too much flavoring. I do however really like the Black and Mild super concentrated flavor from VZ. So I just started keeping it simple and mixing just that flavor at 3%.

You got to really pay attention when it comes to making the #7 recipe, at least for me anyways. Because adding too much of one flavor can really ruin the recipe. I don't think I like Capella's Coconut anymore because of this.

I've made the #7 recipe plenty of times, and when it's made right along with time to steep, it tastes pretty good. It's not exactly like BB but it's do-able. It just kinda wore my taste buds down, even at 15%. And I know what you're gonna say...use a lower % right?

I'm with you there Sad.

But 40% :ohmy: ! I have tried recipes at that level and they are killers ... not to mention that they just clog up your coils in no time.

I constantly find myself always returning to this thread. I prefer to be in the background but I'm just an advid BB DIY'r and can't never get it right. Thanks Slohand #7 and the rest of you DIY'rs. Your recipes and variations are always there with my own minor tweeks for a constant BB back-up. Been thinking tho and I constantly question myself if my idea is plausable, but don't rightfully know. Also if it is, how to start my next BB venture.:) HERE GOES ALL INPUT IS NEEDED...THANKS!!!
Wondering if I took 3 different tobacco flavor concoctions adding flavors only no pg/vg/nic (example mix #1-6mg BM, 3mg cinn. Swirl, 1mg chocolate, 2mg honey--mix #2- 4mg tobacco blend, 1.5mg TA @ 1 to 10 ratio PG, 2mg coconut--mix#3 5mg Black honey, 3 mg graham cracker, 2 mg vanilla, 2mg cherry) doing this for 3 different versions tho. Remind you these are example mixes only!! Let the mixes sit for a few weeks undiluted. Has anybody tried this?? Would this impart a different flavor altogether?? Is it practical??? Now how do I mix these concoctions to a 40% final vapable mix of VG?? Do I mix these flavors seperately first with VG than combine the mixes adding vinager and H2O??? How do I start my venture???
See I still believe BB was an accident, tastes so good it has to be!!! LOL. I think BB was 3 seperately completed vapes that were dumped in one bottle. Didn't want to throw them out..added them togeather ...took a long vape and out popped BB as we know it. Am I nuts here or can I go onward without wasting time and money. Need answers. Thanks Tinnman
Edit-not trying to derail this thread ...still extremely interested in everybody's work..I just want to try a different direction. All work is good..best of luck:)

Last edited:

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I have honestly considered forgetting everything we know as what ifs and just throwing them out. What I mean by that are percents and how many flavors used in mix. I have started at the beginning again with the things he has no choice but doing, one is it can't be zero nic... almost has to be a tobacco absolute or net. I have mixed double ry4 into bobas and it didnt really change flavor at all. So by adding flavors to bobas and not changing the juice much it can better help me understand what could be in it. Hope we crack it before fda.... I have close to 1000ml of real deal and its the only juice I buy, even if I crack it I will most likely still by as saying it again ben is a genius when it comes to bb

See..that is what I'm thinking without saying it on the forum Strappedkaos. I just didn't want to offend anyone. An absolute and/or net being combined in the final product, mixed at the correct %'s, to me sounds extremely plausable. Problem is finding the correct nets...so many variations. In short what I thought by my mixes steeping undiluted might takeon a whole new flavor. Lets face it..Seedmans flavors are a dilution of %'s to make a finalized flavor. Now if I could find the net's or make my own variant of flavor maybe it could work. Yes??No??

Last edited:
Sorry Buergermeester...can't do alternatives if I am going to buy BB...it will be the real deal. Although it can be argued my DIY is nothing more than an alternative. To me DIY is a way of persistent effort to excellent reward, also it's a hobby, a way to relax. Kind of like golf I guess (not a golfer) they are always trying to perfect a stroke, putt, stance, etc. I want to break the BB code as close to perfection as possable.

To my taste on the inhale a slight 'honey bread' flavor was present. I would like a good bread 'honeybun' without cinnamon to mix and try as a good background test mix in BB. If somebody has a recipe PLEASE SUBMIT. I found a monkey bread recipe last night in my searches but don't know if it tastes like bread at all????? The recipe called for Butterscotch (not a fan of butterscotch) and brown sugar..maybe..sometimes flavors do change when multiple ingrediants are involved.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Funny thing about that is my father does not like any tobacco flavors or other flavors, after almost a year of vaping he only vapes vg/Nic base with nothing added. He tells me that it is the best way to make it taste like a real cig. I didnt smoke cigs. so I dont know but it is something to say about nicotine base...

Odd you are bringing up dirty nic. I just recieved 2/250ml of 'Nude Nic' because I am trying to get a cleaner vape. My thinking was the nic I was using had to much of the cinnamon flavor (from WL) and throwing the taste. I'm thinking lower %'s of variant flavors in my mixes would than not be overwhelmed and maybe the subtle flavors in BB would surface. Pretty neat tho..your father vapes vg/nic. Mine is 74 and still smokes his MB, 2 or 3 a day...he's slowed down allot. I'd love to get him to vape but that MB keeps his youth in him:).

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
Odd you are bringing up dirty nic. I just recieved 2/250ml of 'Nude Nic' because I am trying to get a cleaner vape. My thinking was the nic I was using had to much of the cinnamon flavor (from WL) and throwing the taste. I'm thinking lower %'s of variant flavors in my mixes would than not be overwhelmed and maybe the subtle flavors in BB would surface. Pretty neat tho..your father vapes vg/nic. Mine is 74 and still smokes his MB, 2 or 3 a day...he's slowed down allot. I'd love to get him to vape but that MB keeps his youth in him:).

There's hope. I'm 71 and started to vape in January after 55+ years of Camels, Pall Malls, and Luckies. Love it and won't go back. Maybe have him try some French Pipe...my absolute favorite. Boba's is OK and I'm trying to clone it like everyone else, but IMO the real stuff is just OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread