MY Comparative review/ LV'S/SD/JANTY STIC/GG/PRODIGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
The Vapor king carts work on the GG. Do not know about the Prodigy. I do not have one. The GG with theses carts vapor up a great big cloud. I wished Smilin would get more carts in. I order some mint carts from another seller and was most unhappy. That mint taste like mint with soap in it. I cannot vape it! I even tried to refill it with mint liquid which I love and still the soap taste. This is with the Vapor king battery and the GG. Do you know any place that sells good mint VK carts?

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
The Vapor king carts work on the GG. Do not know about the Prodigy. I do not have one. The GG with theses carts vapor up a great big cloud. I wished Smilin would get more carts in. I order some mint carts from another seller and was most unhappy. That mint taste like mint with soap in it. I cannot vape it! I even tried to refill it with mint liquid which I love and still the soap taste. This is with the Vapor king battery and the GG. Do you know any place that sells good mint VK carts?

RJ hi Check out www.cigeasy.com
Frank carries the 24mg used to carry 36mg but I do not think so any longer, and they do fit on the GG and the Prodigy, However, on the Prod it is a slightly harder draw, compared to the GG

Nhaler also carries a multiple of flavors and both have been terrific to work with
Eastmall is the primary carrier of the Vaporello/Vaporking caps, also in multiple flavors up to 16mg
good luck

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Thanks EDO.

I checked Drew's site. He lists them as KR808D-1.

Is there a difference with these from the KR808D? Do Drew's fit a 901 battery? Are Drew's individually sealed?

Wowza... I just saw that Drew beats eastmall with prices :thumbs:

Yes....the KR808d-1 is the generic term for the Nebula, Vaporking, Zuess...etc. Eastmall is the main supplier so it is hard to believe Drew is beating them in prices.

Mamu, I would check with him. I have bought these carts from him twice (and the do fit the 901). The first batch I bought was not sealed, they just came in a cardboard box. The second set was. I have probably gone through 200 of these carts. Of that maybe 140 were the sealed variety, the rest weren't. I have found (and YMMV) that the carts that come in the sealed packages last about twice as long. His prices are good, his shipping is high (although not as high as eastmall, and I think it's free over 99), But he always throws in extras to make it up to you.

I have had the packaged variety from many suppliers and it seems that initially they were filled right....then a couple of months ago all of them were underfilled. Now it seems the ones I got from eastmall are all overfilled.
This is a very good tip if you don;t want to burn your carts....always open it up before you start vaping. An cartomizers that has not been filled fully will start burning within 20 hits. That strong throat hit is burning cartmaterial. When you open it up the cart material should look moist but not wet. If it is dry add some liquid. If it is wet...like the eastmall carts are now...blow out some of the liquid and it will vape much better. ALways add 4 drops every 30 hits or else you will burn the cart....throw away at 200-250 hits. I have opened every cart I have vaped....believe me if you don;t do things correctly it can get very ugly in there.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
ALL THE Carts, I, call the Vk caps, the all in one carts, bought from places
CIG EASY/ NHALER/ EASTMALL/VAPOR4LIFE/ ALL FIT MY
901 THREADINGS,
they all work with the SD, Prodigy, LV's Boxmods, GG, any that have a 901 thread, some work better than others, when using the 6v's mods and the caps, You get a wonderful vape, however, they (6vs) go thru the carts/caps easily

Thanks for clearing it up...can you confirm one more thing.....do the Greencig carts specifically work on the prodigy? The only reason I would get the prodigy if I am sure they work with the Greencig carts....those are the cartomizers that I prefer now. I have had devices that work with the VK carts and not the Greencig carts. SO if you have any left can you pop on a greencig cart on your prodigy and see if the work? Thanks in advance.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Thanks for clearing it up...can you confirm one more thing.....do the Greencig carts specifically work on the prodigy? The only reason I would get the prodigy if I am sure they work with the Greencig carts....those are the cartomizers that I prefer now. I have had devices that work with the VK carts and not the Greencig carts. SO if you have any left can you pop on a greencig cart on your prodigy and see if the work? Thanks in advance.

EDo I would have said YES But I just tried them and sad to say for you, but they DO NOT, there is no air fllow with Greencig Cartonizers, the VK's work, but not the GC's, sorry Frankly I struggle to find the reason to buy more of the Greencig carts, I do not find the taste or the Thit to be anything meaningful

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
EDo I would have said YES But I just tried them and sad to say for you, but they DO NOT, there is no air fllow with Greencig Cartonizers, the VK's work, but not the GC's, sorry Frankly I struggle to find the reason to buy more of the Greencig carts, I do not find the taste or the Thit to be anything meaningful

Cosican... thanks for trying them for me. I like them because unlike the VK carts....they never burn. Like I mentioned a couple of posts above, I have opened every one my used VK carts. It is very easy to burn them up. I am scared to use a 5-6v device with the VK carts. Can you do me anouther favor and try the greencig carts on your GG and see if they work?:D Thanks again.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Cosican... thanks for trying them for me. I like them because unlike the VK carts....they never burn. Like I mentioned a couple of posts above, I have opened every one my used VK carts. It is very easy to burn them up. I am scared to use a 5-6v device with the VK carts. Can you do me anouther favor and try the greencig carts on your GG and see if they work?:D Thanks again.

You are correct sir, The Grencig cart works on the GG, although, the airholes for an easy draw are more covered than w/ others
I do get a hit,it is ahard draw, but I am getting a fair amount of vapor, but I cannot feel it as any THit, I would not want to lead you into something by telling you it works great, when it seems to just work slightly
good luck EDO, is there anything else I can do for you?? Sir!!! ( teasing)

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
cheers dude i will check them out...

i have a problem with the price figures of the prodigy !
you can get the mini base kit for £65 but if you add the batteries and charger it shoots up to £100 don't seem right to me!

But if you have SD, your 3.7v x2 should work as well... at least that's the idea.

I asked that question in PS forum, and according to Steve's battery test with a couple of hyped up 3.0v which was shooting out 8v, he said the output voltage is within the limits.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
You are correct sir, The Grencig cart works on the GG, although, the airholes for an easy draw are more covered than w/ others
I do get a hit,it is ahard draw, but I am getting a fair amount of vapor, but I cannot feel it as any THit, I would not want to lead you into something by telling you it works great, when it seems to just work slightly
good luck EDO, is there anything else I can do for you?? Sir!!! ( teasing)

Thanks again....It seems I am out of luck with the GC carts. You've been a great help.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
cosican the SD is 3.6/3.7 v which burns the atomizers coil a cherryred

google "cherry red" its HOT !

my question is this. . . . . .

how can 5v prodigy be any better than an atomizers

burning a cherry red on a SD..... surely these extra volts make the

atomizer over work and the extra throat hit your getting is the heat of

the atomizers frying ?

just interested in your thoughts with you owning the both of them.

Kit

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
cosican the SD is 3.6/3.7 v which burns the atomizers coil a cherryred

google "cherry red" its HOT !

my question is this. . . . . .

how can 5v prodigy be any better than an atomizers

burning a cherry red on a SD..... surely these extra volts make the

atomizer over work and the extra throat hit your getting is the heat of

the atomizers frying ?

just interested in your thoughts with you owning the both of them.

Kit
Your point is right on!! The fact is, that I actually is some stupid.way like that harshness a bit, It reminds me of the analog experience, The 5v from the Prodigy, after using it for 4 days is a very smooth and pleasent vape, The SD, which I am now using more than ever, after putting on a 510 adapter ( The GG adapter) works beautifully with the 3.7v's
My SD with a 901 has never really pleased me, now that has changed

And the GG at 6v's ( which I am sure it is closer to 5 v's than the actually 6vs, is a constant good vape, I really like the GG, after now having it for over a week,
I use the LV's with the VK style caps and those burn nicely, quickly, but nicely

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Few questions:

If you were out and about in public, which one would you carry with you out of them?

My scenario is I'm constantly on the move and out in the public most of the week, so I have to be conscious about what my PV looks like and how portable it is.

And on the JS, I've only had mine a week, but I don't really see much to go wrong other than the switch issue, which I'd fix easily if it happened. It seems at least as durable as a cellphone. I don't see it "not lasting". I'm not using it to pound nails into wood, or pry open 55 gallon drums. So anti-plastic/pro-metal bias aside, what do you actually see going wrong with it that isn't easily replacable?

Thanks In Advance

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
surely these extra volts make the atomizer over work and the extra throat hit your getting is the heat of the atomizers frying ?

I see what you're saying now Kit.

I had always associated "atomizers frying" with killing it so it didn't work anymore.

Puts a new light on atomizers frying for me now. :D

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Your point is right on!! The fact is, that I actually is some stupid.way like that harshness a bit, It reminds me of the analog experience, The 5v from the Prodigy, after using it for 4 days is a very smooth and pleasent vape, The SD, which I am now using more than ever, after putting on a 510 adapter ( The GG adapter) works beautifully with the 3.7v's
My SD with a 901 has never really pleased me, now that has changed

And the GG at 6v's ( which I am sure it is closer to 5 v's than the actually 6vs, is a constant good vape, I really like the GG, after now having it for over a week,
I use the LV's with the VK style caps and those burn nicely, quickly, but nicely

i quite like the sound of this harsh throat hit as well hehe

but surly this extra power is not needed.. if all its doing is frying the

atty a very cheeryred hot that when you inhale it midely burns your

throat is this healthy?

im still intriged to have a blast though cosican :D

what different voltage of batts can be used on the prodigy ?

also are you saying the GG adapter will work on the SD so i can use the 510 atty?

Last edited:

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC

The GC carts don't have holes in them for added air flow..try loosening it up slightly, any change?

Some of us like the taste (I really like the Western Tobacco), and..no burning/sane refills.

cosican

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2009
    CHAPEL HILL NC
    The JS is a good vaping product, my only issue is the amount of plastic and the ease of it beaking upon dropping, Cos I drop alot, However, it is an excellent stealthing cig and has a lot to offer for the size of it, Plus I do like the ability to connect w/ a mobile device
    As far as what I take w/ me on the road, actaully I take as many as I can,in a carry bag, I never leave home, or even a room without it
    I do care as much about what it all looks like out on the street, I will vape anything, pretty much anywhere, although I am stealth vapor, I do not do it in anyones face, for attention

The harhness issue, I am refering mostly to the VaporKing type cartomizers, at higher voltage they vape real well and create a ton of vapor and a great throat hit, I have been using the 36mg Vk caps from Cigeasy, although they may not be continued, I still find even at lower MG's of the VK caps, they have a great hit, so no matter what mg I use the higher voltage and the caromizers all work well

The prodigy can take/fit higher voltage batteries, however, it is controled by the switch, to keep it at 5v.s, so I dont even bother using different batteries,

The GG adapters are only sold to GG owners, as far as I know and remember, they appear to be the best all around adapeters I have found,
    So, yes the SD can take any of the GG adapters, predicated on having the 901 threading, and some not all of the VK caps will fit on the SD,

hope that helps

cosican

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2009
    CHAPEL HILL NC
    The GC carts don't have holes in them for added air flow..try loosening it up slightly, any change?

Some of us like the taste (I really like the Western Tobacco), and..no burning/sane refills.

I did try to loosen up the Greencig cart and still no success, I do like the Western tobacco a bit, I just cannot get them to provide a good throat for me, I am kind of demanding when it comes to that part of the vaping thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread