MY Comparative review/ LV'S/SD/JANTY STIC/GG/PRODIGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
cheers mate what attys are best on the prodigy have you tried the RN4075 or the 901?

Hey
I have used the 901 and I expect a 4075, if I really know the diff,
however, the 901 is doing fine and I have mentioned in prior posts that I have burned thru atleast 15 901/4075 atz on my 6v's LV's I no longer use any 901's types on anything higher than the 5v'
I am using the be112 and other 801's quite successfully on the GG and the Prodigy I am also having great luck with the GG 801 adapter and the minipipe 888 atomizer on the GG, the 888 is not working on the Prodigy,

hope that helps

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
sorry for all the questions dude Ive been away from this forum for the past 4 months so have some catching up to do so thanks for the help :D

also what did you find best between the 801 vs 901 on the prodigy

cheers in advance mate

Kit

Hey Kit nice to see you back, I noticed you had not been around as much
Frankly, I have been using the 901 on the Prodigy much more, cos of, I had not had much of the ability to use the 901 on my other mods,
Most/all of my mods, GG, LV Box Mods etc are all 6v's and my 901's just could not handle the heat, Therefore, now that I have a product that can handle my 901's, that being the 5v Prodigy, I am making up for lost time and I must have 30 plus 901 atomizers
The 801 on the Prodigy, using the 801 adapter is good, however, I have not put that much time into it, I have however, been using the 801 non stop on the GG and that is a great vape,
I also have discovered that my Lvs and my box mods handle my VK caps so well, that is all I am using on those, I have just loaded up on many different cartomizers, from all over the place
I sorry if I could not be more definittive

So, Kit, where u been?

Enfield

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
SE Michigan, USA
Hey
I have used the 901 and I expect a 4075, if I really know the diff,
however, the 901 is doing fine and I have mentioned in prior posts that I have burned thru atleast 15 901/4075 atz on my 6v's LV's I no longer use any 901's types on anything higher than the 5v'
I am using the be112 and other 801's quite successfully on the GG and the Prodigy I am also having great luck with the GG 801 adapter and the minipipe 888 atomizer on the GG, the 888 is not working on the Prodigy,

hope that helps

Thanks, cosican. I'm glad to know that the BE112 and other 801's perform nicely on the Prodigy. Your multi-channel review here influenced me greatly. I have a Prodigy on order, and am doing a very poor job of waiting patiently...

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Thanks, cosican. I'm glad to know that the BE112 and other 801's perform nicely on the Prodigy. Your multi-channel review here influenced me greatly. I have a Prodigy on order, and am doing a very poor job of waiting patiently...

EN Hey how ya doing besides waiting impatiently

Now having the Prod for a few days, I really like the 5v's ALOT, It fits all my atz well, without fear of any loss, I have really grown to like it more and more, I am getting a good amount of time from the 750mAh batteries and I am pleased over all. Now, with all my crazy, I still use 4 of the higher voltage mods all day, I do not work one and then switch, I bounce from one to another all day and night,
I know you will be thrilled with the Prodigy, Good luck waiting, it should be there soon
d

Enfield

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
SE Michigan, USA
EN Hey how ya doing besides waiting impatiently

Now having the Prod for a few days, I really like the 5v's ALOT, It fits all my atz well, without fear of any loss, I have really grown to like it more and more, I am getting a good amount of time from the 750mAh batteries and I am pleased over all. Now, with all my crazy, I still use 4 of the higher voltage mods all day, I do not work one and then switch, I bounce from one to another all day and night,
I know you will be thrilled with the Prodigy, Good luck waiting, it should be there soon
d

Cosican, your posts always seem to reassure me.

My current set-up is to always have my 510 and my Janty-stick (manual, 801) at hand...both of them, flipping back and forth. Sometimes with the same flavor juice, sometimes not. The 510 and 801 are very different vapes and I enjoy having the variety at hand (plus I can vape on the JS when the 510 gets too hot). I think that once my Prodigy arrives the Stick will get passed along to the spouse. :)

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Cosican, your posts always seem to reassure me.

My current set-up is to always have my 510 and my Janty-stick (manual, 801) at hand...both of them, flipping back and forth. Sometimes with the same flavor juice, sometimes not. The 510 and 801 are very different vapes and I enjoy having the variety at hand (plus I can vape on the JS when the 510 gets too hot). I think that once my Prodigy arrives the Stick will get passed along to the spouse. :)

So I was wondering where one of my siblings went, but I think I found them
I vape the same way, although I keep a third and sometimes a fourth cig near buy, Funny, I usually use the same juices, probably just lazy, but it works, I vape til it gets to hot and go to number 2, then 3 on so on

801/510/901//vk caps and so on, dont pass the stick, it is a great filler, I turned the 801 and VK to my wife and she now carries 4 or 5 with her as well, it is so funny watching her, with all her stuff, cluless, but funny as all out

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
The JS is a good vaping product, my only issue is the amount of plastic and the ease of it beaking upon dropping, Cos I drop alot,

As a concerned Janty Stick owner:

* How many have you broken from dropping them so far
* How many have broken period, and what broke and how

If you are breaking ten of these things a week from dropping them, I really want to know about that. I don't usually drop things, but accidents happen. I just want to make sure this is something that has actually happened and it isn't just some bias or perception based upon spending tons more for things made of metal.

Thanks In Advance

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
As a concerned Janty Stick owner:

* How many have you broken from dropping them so far
* How many have broken period, and what broke and how

If you are breaking ten of these things a week from dropping them, I really want to know about that. I don't usually drop things, but accidents happen. I just want to make sure this is something that has actually happened and it isn't just some bias or perception based upon spending tons more for things made of metal.

Thanks In Advance

I read a post in the janty forum that someone had dropped their janty stick and had to glue it back together.

So, yes - you do have to be careful and not drop them I suppose.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I read a post in the janty forum that someone had dropped their janty stick and had to glue it back together.

So, yes - you do have to be careful and not drop them I suppose.

I've read about people breaking SD's, 901's, and 510's from dropping them too. I guess we should all be careful and not drop things. This doesn't help me gauge how sturdy or un-sturdy the Janty Stick is. I'm not going to take one incident at anything but face value. It still holds that nobody has said anything other than biased heresay on how durable it is.

EDIT: I'm going to try to be clear about what I'm saying. I did support for a large telecom a while ago, and it had about 20 guys in a design department that insisted it needed Apple portables running OS ten. So we got a little more than half the guys the titanium version, and we got the rest of them the ABS plastic ones. After a year, most of the titanium ones were dented, broken, and sent back to applecare for repair while the "cheap plastic" ones were just fine. So it's a perception versus reality thing. I'm not sure where or who started the "metal is always better" fantasy. Plastics flex and bounce when dropped. That's usually a good thing when you are talking about sensitive electronic components that don't take shock well.

Last edited:

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I've read about people breaking SD's, 901's, and 510's from dropping them too. I guess we should all be careful and not drop things. This doesn't help me gauge how sturdy or un-sturdy the Janty Stick is. I'm not going to take one incident at anything but face value. It still holds that nobody has said anything other than biased heresay on how durable it is.

Curious?? why you may think that perhaps my comments may be biased towards the Janty stick?? I just broke my SD BTW by dropping it, I fall asleep alot sitting up and I always have an ecig of some sorts in my hands and I always drop soemthing,
I like the Stick a whole bunch and I am not biased towards anyone product, I do have my preferences towards suppliers, however, I have no loyalities towards any manufactor,
I just feel a plastic type product has more of a breakge rate than a brass or metal, I would like to say again, I use the stick everyday, in my routine,, As a matter of fact, my LV, also had a breakage on the PLASTIC light, If it were not plastic, it would not have broken

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Curious?? why you may think that perhaps my comments may be biased towards the Janty stick?? I just broke my SD BTW by dropping it, I fall asleep alot sitting up and I always have an ecig of some sorts in my hands and I always drop soemthing,
I like the Stick a whole bunch and I am not biased towards anyone product, I do have my preferences towards suppliers, however, I have no loyalities towards any manufactor,
I just feel a plastic type product has more of a breakge rate than a brass or metal, I would like to say again, I use the stick everyday, in my routine,, As a matter of fact, my LV, also had a breakage on the PLASTIC light, If it were not plastic, it would not have broken

The fact that you "just broke" your stick has merit. The fact that "you feel" a plastic type product has more of a breakage rate does not. The huge market segments where plastic is used specifically because it's more durable or shock resistant than metal in a given situation wouldn't exist otherwise. Plastic isn't always used because it's "cheaper". The question then becomes, what broke on your stick? Did the casing crack? The mouthpiece snap off? The electronics fail? Is it just dead now? Those are the kinds of things I want to know rather than "It's plastic so it must suck because I said so".

EDIT: Going to try to really bring this home because I have to take off soon. This is the most durable handgun made:

Glock17.jpg

I want you to guess what most of it is made out of.

Last edited:

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
The fact that you "just broke" your stick has merit. The fact that "you feel" a plastic type product has more of a breakage rate does not. The huge market segments where plastic is used specifically because it's more durable or shock resistant than metal in a given situation wouldn't exist otherwise. Plastic isn't always used because it's "cheaper". The question then becomes, what broke on your stick? Did the casing crack? The mouthpiece snap off? The electronics fail? Is it just dead now? Those are the kinds of things I want to know rather than "It's plastic so it must suck because I said so".

EDIT: Going to try to really bring this home because I have to take off soon. This is the most durable handgun made:

Glock17.jpg

I want you to guess what most of it is made out of.

A few things I have been selling all forms of plastics for 30yrs and know them and trust them totally, Also, I did NOT say I broke my stick, I mentioned I broke my SD, ( the plastic button) on the bottom of the SD and I broke the plastic casing on ther light of my LVapor, My Janty Stick is well and good and zi have dropped it several times,
For me and MY ecig world, I would prefer an all metal unit, like the GG or the Prodigy, and if possible the SD with a metal botton.
I am not make any arguement as to what is better or best as far as how it is made, My review is what I prefer and would rather see in my products
I still use the Stick all day long

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
A few things I have been selling all forms of plastics for 30yrs and know them and trust them totally, Also, I did NOT say I broke my stick, I mentioned I broke my SD, ( the plastic button) on the bottom of the SD and I broke the plastic casing on ther light of my LVapor, My Janty Stick is well and good and zi have dropped it several times,
For me and MY ecig world, I would prefer an all metal unit, like the GG or the Prodigy, and if possible the SD with a metal botton.
I am not make any arguement as to what is better or best as far as how it is made, My review is what I prefer and would rather see in my products
I still use the Stick all day long

Oh! *smacks forehead*. For some reason I read that as you broke your Stick. That's what I get for shooting from the hip again. I just, honestly right now if I were to contemplate four+ volt vapping, which I'm not because yall seem to get addicted to it (and I'm happy with 3.7v on an 801) I'd either mod a JS, or make a similar design. The mod I have been working is actually turning into a JS with wings. I've got a 10440 on one side, and a juice holder on the other side of the 801 atty. I'm about to just give up though. I'm trying to come up with a reliable perpetual juice feed without modifying the atomizer, and I'm just not seeing a logical way to do it. My only big critique of the JS has been the need for three pieces of plastic. I see an easy way to do it with only two. But otherwise, my big "JS Mod" has been to sand off the silver and the paint on the cap showing the white. It's much more "healthcare" looking this way, which makes it easier to pass it off as a "medical device" in public. Did it at the bank today in fact. I might go the next few steps and stencil "medical inhaler" and some blue-cross/blue-shield graphics on it.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Oh! *smacks forehead*. For some reason I read that as you broke your Stick. That's what I get for shooting from the hip again. I just, honestly right now if I were to contemplate four+ volt vapping, which I'm not because yall seem to get addicted to it (and I'm happy with 3.7v on an 801) I'd either mod a JS, or make a similar design. The mod I have been working is actually turning into a JS with wings. I've got a 10440 on one side, and a juice holder on the other side of the 801 atty. I'm about to just give up though. I'm trying to come up with a reliable perpetual juice feed without modifying the atomizer, and I'm just not seeing a logical way to do it. My only big critique of the JS has been the need for three pieces of plastic. I see an easy way to do it with only two. But otherwise, my big "JS Mod" has been to sand off the silver and the paint on the cap showing the white. It's much more "healthcare" looking this way, which makes it easier to pass it off as a "medical device" in public. Did it at the bank today in fact. I might go the next few steps and stencil "medical inhaler" and some blue-cross/blue-shield graphics on it.

I love the idea of a medical device,, I bought the kensington mobile battery pk a few months back and a case, so now by using the JS and the kensington it looks like we are taking in our oxygen or something, The more you can do to make it look health related the better the stealth??

good goods luck

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I love the idea of a medical device,, I bought the kensington mobile battery pk a few months back and a case, so now by using the JS and the kensington it looks like we are taking in our oxygen or something, The more you can do to make it look health related the better the stealth??

good goods luck

Gimme a few. I'm charging up the canon camera batteries that got here today. I killed my only other camera batteries trying to use them in my mod. I'll take pics of my sanded JS. It *really* looks more medical, and it's ridiculously easy and safe to sand, plus I'm almost positive it doesn't void your warranty because Ludo said Janty encouraged personalizing them and it wouldn't void the warranty.

xpnsvtoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2008
Winchester, Va
I won't say I am new to this I just haven't posted here much...Had a few problems initially with a Janty KB, however it has served me well for about a year now...My charger recently died and I plan on getting a new one as well as another main unit of some sort either the JS or the Prodigy? I really enjoyed the KB but had a fit with some switches and batteries over the course of the past year...The big downfall is I have not been able to permantley lay down the analog cigs...I am determined to get off of the analogs and strictly vape...

I guess my question is what should I go with- the JS or the prodigy for my main use PV?

youngll11

ECF Veteran
So I'm a bit confused being new to this whole thing...
I have had my 510 for about a week, just got a 801 today (batts still charging). With either/both of these attys, which one would you suggest? I live in CA, if that makes any difference, and would love to keep both sets of attys in use. I've seen vids of the gg, looks awesome, but so far I have not seen a post from anyone saying one is better than the other...

Hello, It has been some time since I posted last, I felt it was important for me to step back from the site as things got a bit over the top for me,
Since my last review, I had the opportunity to build up my product mix, where I now feel confident that I can compare/ review all of the current major "over the counter" ecigs we all seem to talk about
SD, PRODIGY. GG (VERSION 5) , JANTY STICK, LV' LONG AND LV MAGNUM AND A FEW MODS thrown in for fun.
I plan on being quite candid and open, although some may find this review a bit vague, overall. I do not plan on talking about packaging, service, when and how it got to the me in a timley manner, none of that matters
Do they perform, are they worth the money I spent, and so on,
The very few that know me, understand that my sole goal is THROAT HIT
I use ONLY 36mg,, I cut my own juices from 48mg, when I do not go from straight 36mg. So, yes it is possible I am vaping more than the 36mg, cos I am no chemist. I vape from the minute I wake to the minute I wake.
Yes, I seem to vape in my sleep.

The order in which I list is not a rating, I will however, share my favorite at the end of this post
I have been vaping for over 8 months and stopped a 3 pk a day habit because of it. I have over $4000.00 invested since I began vaping and I do intend to make a living from it, one day, I purchased every item for the full retail amount, so I have only my own interest at heart

1) LV 901 long and 901 Magnum,
After many quick adjustments made by Ted, prior to his leaving, The LV's are consistent and easy to work with, I love the ability to use the VK/VP
type capsules on the 901 threading. The overall battery life is good and the TH (throat hits) are non stop, The ones I own are the very first from Ted, so they are not coming from any form of assembly line, Therefore they have their flaws, however, as far as their performance, battery life, feel in hand and overall vaping experience they are worth the $70.00 I spent on each one. They did come with batteries ,charger and atomizers, and ofcourse there is TED
I use my Long with both 6vs and 3.7 volts, I like that I can interchange the voltage, but I seem to always go to the 6v's, the hit you get using the VK caps is meaningful, although I cook more 901 atz, then I should
The only real drawback, is they have the plastic light that can easily break if not careful, again, mine are the very first from Ted and I know that is changing.
The LV Magnum, is soley a 6v, cig and it performs exactly as the Long, I enjoy both the long and the Mag equally
2) SD, was my first purchase for "the higher end ecig" I have owned it for 5 months and I did love it at first, however, over time, it just seems, okay, no longer the big thing that all the hype is about, Now, please, I am a TROG groupie, I think what he has accomplished and created, is remarkable. But with the 3.6/3.7 v, it just does not have that TH, I need. It is built beautifully and has a wonderful feel, it cannot be hurt, nor, have I had any problems with it and I have dropped it a dozen times, It may be a great product for the middle of the road, vaporist, Although it is $150.00 plus, so, I think it has run its course. It is time for a newer version
3) JANTY STICK, I am impressed with this little thing. For an over the counter, mass production product, it is good, I like the flavors that come from the 801 atz, I have not purchased any other adapters, nor at this point, I probably will not, It has a cheap feel to it and I do worry, if I drop it, that it will fall apart. But for $80.00 its okay. I do use my usb/kensington w/ it more than any other item I have, the battery life is fair, but the overall ease of it, it gets a passing mark, (meaning, I do use it everyday). I would not buy another one, however.
4) GG. I held out forever before I finally bought the GG, with all the comments and problems it seemed to have on the GG site, I was reluctant. However, I am Thrilled with it, I did buy several adapters and with the 6.vs and the 510 together, it is just a great product, It will last forever, I can drive over this thing and have no concerns. It feels like I have a piece of art in my hand and Imeo needs to be quite proud of it. I would buy any of his products and know he and Tim will stand behind it, With any of the adapters, they all perform well and all the adapters fit on ALL of my 901 threadings for all my other mods, So, I got a lot for my money, The $150.00 plus I spent, is well worth it, I would reccomend it to everyone, with no issues, AND BTW THE MINIPIPE ATOMIZERS,THE 888'S, FIT ON IMEOS 801 ADAPTERS, THANKS IMEO, now I have a reason to use those mini pipe atomizers, that have been put away, 3 days after I bought the MP. The GG is by far as good as everyone says it is and I use it all the time. The battery life, performance, looks, feel, everything is great.
5) Prodigy from PS,w/901 adapter, I have had it for a day and I love it, It is larger than I expected, but I like that, The production is solid, slightly larger than the LV LONG and has a heavier feel,, than the GG, I like that as well, I have big hands, so I know I am holding something, The 5v's on the 901 adapter may actually be that "Sweet Spot" Steve is so proud of. I think he knows what he is doing. I cannot speak of battery life, but it is made very well, It is heavier than the GG, SD, and LV and I love that, I like heavy.
It seems to be everything Steve and everyone at PS have killed themselves over and this is the very first production, As time goes on and minor adjustments made, it will be Monster Hit The TH, is nice,, not harsh, which I thought I liked,(harshness) but after a few hours with the 5v's, it may be my new thing, The 801 adapter, is a bit of a challenge to get on, but once you figure it out and hold it down, I had the bats in at the time, they suggest to take the bats out, during the change. It works as good as any 801 product out there, I am more of a 510 kinda guy, along with my 901's. I bought the body only, at $100.00 it is worth every cent. I would suggest it to anyone.
I feel this post is too long as it is, so my overall feelings, for
'OVER THE COUNTER' HIGHER END, MOD TYPE ECIGS:

GG and Prodigy are a perfect match, they are not exact, they have their differences, but I love both and thrilled I own the two. At this moment, I am not leaning to either of them. The GG seems a bit more versatile, that is only becasue I have all of the adapters, w/ the GG where I only have the 901 and 801's. w/ the Prod. The adapter change w/ the Prod is not as easy as w/ the GG. The Prod feels better to me, and I love the weight of it,
The LV's are a close 2nd/3rd, but they are a bit lighter weight and mine are more amateurish Then Janty Stcik and then the SD.
But MY LOVE IS one I have not mentioned here, It still is the Dual 801 atomizer w/ USB connect from Billyboy689, It is perfect,for the amount of vape and TH, but it must be connected, so I can only do so much with it, and it has to be special ordered, Billyboy689
That is another day and another post
I am one of the very fortunate ones to be able to have this collection and I us them ALL, during the day, they are all geared up and by my side, I can just take anyone of them and not care which one I have, It allows me to save my atomizers, by always switching off between ,them

I need to send props to youfillintheblanks and Nicowolf for their boxmods, they are probably the best for the money. At $40 to 50 bucks ea, they all stand up to any of the mods mentioned above, they just do not have the glitter and pomp, most of us, really want. But they slam in every catagory.
My goal was to compare the few that I own and share my thoughts as fairly and as quickly as possible, I know TDM and Franklyspeaking will be doing a major vid, review, so between us all, we hope to cover many of the questions that are out there
AND ONE MORE TIME,
GOD BLESS TO ALL THE MODDERS AND THE CREATIVE PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES FOR US
Great luck choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread