MY Comparative review/ LV'S/SD/JANTY STIC/GG/PRODIGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Hello, It has been some time since I posted last, I felt it was important for me to step back from the site as things got a bit over the top for me,
Since my last review, I had the opportunity to build up my product mix, where I now feel confident that I can compare/ review all of the current major "over the counter" ecigs we all seem to talk about
SD, PRODIGY. GG (VERSION 5) , JANTY STICK, LV' LONG AND LV MAGNUM AND A FEW MODS thrown in for fun.
I plan on being quite candid and open, although some may find this review a bit vague, overall. I do not plan on talking about packaging, service, when and how it got to the me in a timley manner, none of that matters
Do they perform, are they worth the money I spent, and so on,
The very few that know me, understand that my sole goal is THROAT HIT
I use ONLY 36mg,, I cut my own juices from 48mg, when I do not go from straight 36mg. So, yes it is possible I am vaping more than the 36mg, cos I am no chemist. I vape from the minute I wake to the minute I wake.
Yes, I seem to vape in my sleep.

The order in which I list is not a rating, I will however, share my favorite at the end of this post
I have been vaping for over 8 months and stopped a 3 pk a day habit because of it. I have over $4000.00 invested since I began vaping and I do intend to make a living from it, one day, I purchased every item for the full retail amount, so I have only my own interest at heart

1) LV 901 long and 901 Magnum,
After many quick adjustments made by Ted, prior to his leaving, The LV's are consistent and easy to work with, I love the ability to use the VK/VP
type capsules on the 901 threading. The overall battery life is good and the TH (throat hits) are non stop, The ones I own are the very first from Ted, so they are not coming from any form of assembly line, Therefore they have their flaws, however, as far as their performance, battery life, feel in hand and overall vaping experience they are worth the $70.00 I spent on each one. They did come with batteries ,charger and atomizers, and ofcourse there is TED
I use my Long with both 6vs and 3.7 volts, I like that I can interchange the voltage, but I seem to always go to the 6v's, the hit you get using the VK caps is meaningful, although I cook more 901 atz, then I should
The only real drawback, is they have the plastic light that can easily break if not careful, again, mine are the very first from Ted and I know that is changing.
The LV Magnum, is soley a 6v, cig and it performs exactly as the Long, I enjoy both the long and the Mag equally
2) SD, was my first purchase for "the higher end ecig" I have owned it for 5 months and I did love it at first, however, over time, it just seems, okay, no longer the big thing that all the hype is about, Now, please, I am a TROG groupie, I think what he has accomplished and created, is remarkable. But with the 3.6/3.7 v, it just does not have that TH, I need. It is built beautifully and has a wonderful feel, it cannot be hurt, nor, have I had any problems with it and I have dropped it a dozen times, It may be a great product for the middle of the road, vaporist, Although it is $150.00 plus, so, I think it has run its course. It is time for a newer version
3) JANTY STICK, I am impressed with this little thing. For an over the counter, mass production product, it is good, I like the flavors that come from the 801 atz, I have not purchased any other adapters, nor at this point, I probably will not, It has a cheap feel to it and I do worry, if I drop it, that it will fall apart. But for $80.00 its okay. I do use my usb/kensington w/ it more than any other item I have, the battery life is fair, but the overall ease of it, it gets a passing mark, (meaning, I do use it everyday). I would not buy another one, however.
4) GG. I held out forever before I finally bought the GG, with all the comments and problems it seemed to have on the GG site, I was reluctant. However, I am Thrilled with it, I did buy several adapters and with the 6.vs and the 510 together, it is just a great product, It will last forever, I can drive over this thing and have no concerns. It feels like I have a piece of art in my hand and Imeo needs to be quite proud of it. I would buy any of his products and know he and Tim will stand behind it, With any of the adapters, they all perform well and all the adapters fit on ALL of my 901 threadings for all my other mods, So, I got a lot for my money, The $150.00 plus I spent, is well worth it, I would reccomend it to everyone, with no issues, AND BTW THE MINIPIPE ATOMIZERS,THE 888'S, FIT ON IMEOS 801 ADAPTERS, THANKS IMEO, now I have a reason to use those mini pipe atomizers, that have been put away, 3 days after I bought the MP. The GG is by far as good as everyone says it is and I use it all the time. The battery life, performance, looks, feel, everything is great.
5) Prodigy from PS,w/901 adapter, I have had it for a day and I love it, It is larger than I expected, but I like that, The production is solid, slightly larger than the LV LONG and has a heavier feel,, than the GG, I like that as well, I have big hands, so I know I am holding something, The 5v's on the 901 adapter may actually be that "Sweet Spot" Steve is so proud of. I think he knows what he is doing. I cannot speak of battery life, but it is made very well, It is heavier than the GG, SD, and LV and I love that, I like heavy.
It seems to be everything Steve and everyone at PS have killed themselves over and this is the very first production, As time goes on and minor adjustments made, it will be Monster Hit The TH, is nice,, not harsh, which I thought I liked,(harshness) but after a few hours with the 5v's, it may be my new thing, The 801 adapter, is a bit of a challenge to get on, but once you figure it out and hold it down, I had the bats in at the time, they suggest to take the bats out, during the change. It works as good as any 801 product out there, I am more of a 510 kinda guy, along with my 901's. I bought the body only, at $100.00 it is worth every cent. I would suggest it to anyone.
I feel this post is too long as it is, so my overall feelings, for
'OVER THE COUNTER' HIGHER END, MOD TYPE ECIGS:

GG and Prodigy are a perfect match, they are not exact, they have their differences, but I love both and thrilled I own the two. At this moment, I am not leaning to either of them. The GG seems a bit more versatile, that is only becasue I have all of the adapters, w/ the GG where I only have the 901 and 801's. w/ the Prod. The adapter change w/ the Prod is not as easy as w/ the GG. The Prod feels better to me, and I love the weight of it,
The LV's are a close 2nd/3rd, but they are a bit lighter weight and mine are more amateurish Then Janty Stcik and then the SD.
But MY LOVE IS one I have not mentioned here, It still is the Dual 801 atomizer w/ USB connect from Billyboy689, It is perfect,for the amount of vape and TH, but it must be connected, so I can only do so much with it, and it has to be special ordered, Billyboy689
That is another day and another post
I am one of the very fortunate ones to be able to have this collection and I us them ALL, during the day, they are all geared up and by my side, I can just take anyone of them and not care which one I have, It allows me to save my atomizers, by always switching off between ,them

I need to send props to youfillintheblanks and Nicowolf for their boxmods, they are probably the best for the money. At $40 to 50 bucks ea, they all stand up to any of the mods mentioned above, they just do not have the glitter and pomp, most of us, really want. But they slam in every catagory.
My goal was to compare the few that I own and share my thoughts as fairly and as quickly as possible, I know TDM and Franklyspeaking will be doing a major vid, review, so between us all, we hope to cover many of the questions that are out there
AND ONE MORE TIME,
GOD BLESS TO ALL THE MODDERS AND THE CREATIVE PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES FOR US
Great luck choosing

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Nice write up corsican. I think this will be helpful to lots of folks who want to step up to the next level of vaping.

I have researched all of the products you reviewed, but I am concerned that some of them have/had design flaws. It is troubling to see this, though most forum members who are early adopters seem to be okay as guinea pigs. Unlike software (i.e. anything from MS), I sort of expect hardware to be pretty bullet-proof from the day it is released. I purposely am not listing specific problems as they are well documented on the forum.

That said, which of the higher-voltage products you own have the least amount of flaws or design quirks?

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Bchef/ hey

One major issue I have is the 6v's appear to be a tad much for MY 901's atomizers, I have lost quite a few over time, That to me is a disappointment. The Prodigy will need a rev or two, to get to THAT NEXT LEVEL the adapter change over and the threading on the 801 adapter, needs a bit of improvement, The SD is a good as its gonna get at 3.6/3.7 v's . The GG IS A STRONG 6V PRODUCT, and I will get back to you, in time, with any major flaws The Janty Stick, is all plastic and will never hold up, but for what it is, has a good flow,
The LV's need the most updating, externally, The vaping guts, however, are well done, Again, the LV's are the most MOD like, cos one person was doing all the work, Not to say the GG is not the same, although I really don't know

All in all, each and every one of them, rides high above any and most of the everyday ecigs we grew up with

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Thanks for your candor, cosican. I have built several 6v modes and they were great on the throat hit, excellent vapor (juice has a lot to do with this), but there was some harshness to the hits and some light-flavored juices did not hold up well to the higher voltage.

I am deciding whether to make one last Magnum mod, or jump on the GG Steam Train. Imeo's product looks to be well thought out. The only thing that turns me off is the button placement. Personal preference, but likely easy to get used to. I do not usually jump on v. 1 models as there are often many kinks that need to be worked out. But, the Prodigy is rather tempting. Your insights were very helpful and I am anxiously looking forward to the mega device review by TDM and franklyspeaking.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hey Cosican...I was wondering where you were. Welcome back. Great review of the mods available. Just so you know...Ted put in resistors in his later Magnums...so they were running at less than 6volts. I guess too many people were burning their 901 attys with his original magnums. I wish I could get one of those.

How does the 510 work at 6volts?....it already runs very hot at 3.7. I am assuming that you drip with the 6v mods. How is the taste?

My main reason for being partial to the LVs is because they are KR808d1 compatible. I don't like the box mods....are any of the other mods compatible with VK carts?

Lastly...you should try the greencig cartomizer that nhaler.com sells they are really good. Almost forgot...if you want really hardcore throat hit buy some cigar KR808d carts from eastmall....holy cow....they are rough...like smoking the original Gitanes or Gualioses cigarettes.

ericscott

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Grove city ohio
I must be very lucky because I bought a 901 mag from ted about 4 weeks ago and its the only e-cig I use 24-7 I drip about 18m of tw juice a week and I swear I not yet to burn a atty I get mine trew tw I rotate with 2 of them so Im I just plessed are what I thougt maybe it was because of the 6v keeping the gunk from building up on them because I dont clean tem are nothing. Now buy saying this I hope they dont start breaking.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Hey Cosican...I was wondering where you were. Welcome back. Great review of the mods available. Just so you know...Ted put in resistors in his later Magnums...so they were running at less than 6volts. I guess too many people were burning their 901 attys with his original magnums. I wish I could get one of those.

How does the 510 work at 6volts?....it already runs very hot at 3.7. I am assuming that you drip with the 6v mods. How is the taste?

My main reason for being partial to the LVs is because they are KR808d1 compatible. I don't like the box mods....are any of the other mods compatible with VK carts?

Lastly...you should try the greencig cartomizer that nhaler.com sells they are really good. Almost forgot...if you want really hardcore throat hit buy some cigar KR808d carts from eastmall....holy cow....they are rough...like smoking the original Gitanes or Gualioses cigarettes.

Edo Hey hope you have been well,
Yes I use the all Inhaler carts and yes they do work on my 901 box mods, from Youfillinthebalnks it is all I use on the mods, I love them to death,
The hit and bite I get from the 6v's on those carts are quite strong, cant say they last very long, however, I have learned to top off the Inhaler/VK caps, So, I get some descent time from them, If you take off the mouth piece and rubber washer and vape directly, it can be worthwhile The 510, runs a bit warmer on 6v's, but I have not lost one, not yet atleast, I lost over 15 to 20, 901's atz on the LV's,,, prior to Ted's fix
I have not use a 3.7 v or any straight up ecig, in months.
I wish I had been more informative on my reviews, it just seemed it was going on tooo long,
Now using the Prod all day plus, it is a very clean and comfortable mod
I mentioned that I use the 888 minipipe atz on the 801 adapter of Imeo's and I have found something very cool It works great
I promise to keep you looped on my Prods vs GG, in the weeks ahead.
I am somewhat disappointed your box mods are not taking the Inhaler/VK caps, Maybe I just lucked out, for a change
dm

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Cosican, so good to see your post and great review. You have been real busy with all those PV's. I was a little worried about you. Not posting and all for a while.
Good to have you back posting.

RJ, hey its nice to be back, Hope you have been wonderful. The site took on an ugly feel for awhile and I just could not be apart of the constant negatives, flowing, It seems it has passed, ( I certainly hope forever) and that those that help get it there, have either left or have "TURNED A LEAF"
The amount of new products are very exciting and I believe they will be coming, literally everyday. So, we all have so much to be proud of and have something to look forward to as well,
I have been busy, trying very hard to pay for all this stuff, I have considered selling off my " OTC" normal, non modlike ecigs, like the 901 and 801's that are from the stone age. It is amazing on how far we all have come in just a few short months.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Cosican...so you have tried the greencig carts...I like the taste a lot. Try the cigar flavored KR808d carts from eastmall....wicked...just wicked throat hit and chest punch....I know you like the extra high nicotine liquids...but believe me nothing I have tried is comparable. I bet David will tone those down...in the future....if he hasn't already done that.

My favorite atomizer of all time is the minipipe atomizer. The only problem is they would burn out on me after a couple of days. While they lasted they were awesome. Do they hold up better with the 6v GG?...that would be odd.

Anyway nice to have you back... keep us updated on the prodigy and all the other goodies you get.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Cosican...so you have tried the greencig carts...I like the taste a lot. Try the cigar flavored KR808d carts from eastmall....wicked...just wicked throat hit and chest punch....I know you like the extra high nicotine liquids...but believe me nothing I have tried is comparable. I bet David will tone those down...in the future....if he hasn't already done that.

My favorite atomizer of all time is the minipipe atomizer. The only problem is they would burn out on me after a couple of days. While they lasted they were awesome. Do they hold up better with the 6v GG?...that would be odd.

Anyway nice to have you back... keep us updated on the prodigy and all the other goodies you get.

Yes I have the Greencig carts, they are nice and smooth, a bit lite for me, but they vape well.
I have been using my 888/minipipe atomizer on the GG 801 adap.. and I like it a whole bunch

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
cosican, you've been holding out on me!! :mad: I thought I knew of every model e-cig that you owned/vaped and now I find out you've got more!! 8-o You're gonna have to bring all of these to our next vape session for me to check out!! :D

I preorder the GG and The Prod, so they literally cam in a week of each other
Hey TNA have a safe great trip, will keep u looped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread