My daughter's class was given this article in science class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan,USA
I sent the email this evening. I won't have time tomorrow and then it is FULL ON THANKSGIVING PREPARATION MODE!
Email as follows:

"My daughter was telling me about the LA Times article presented to the class on Friday regarding "E-cigarettes Growing in Popularity with Teens" but I have read recently a Forbes article regarding this very issue which I thought you might find interesting and need to be aware of.

Here it is:

(I couldn't find a link without a prompt so please excuse that)

CDC Belatedly Reveals That Smoking By Teenagers Dropped While Vaping Rose - Forbes

In addition, since this was presented in a science classroom I did some additional research and found this:

CDC Belatedly Reveals That Smoking by Teenagers Dropped While Vaping Rose - Hit & Run : Reason.com

and this:

CDC lies about kids using e-cigarettes | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

and this:

http://www.rstreet.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/RSTREET11.pdf

Conclusion from last link as follows in case you are short on time:

"Experience to date with e-cigarettes, now well documented in the scientific literature, suggests that they already secure substantial public health benefits among current smokers without increasing teen initiation of tobacco/nicotine use. The continuing condemnation of e-cigarettes by many tobacco control advocates suggests they simply are not familiar with the evidence in favor of public health endorsement of e-cigarettes as a harm reduction modality. One hopes that skillfully crafted FDA regulation to assure the quality of manufacture and restrict marketing to teens will facilitate capture of the public health benefits e-cigarettes can offer to smokers without increasing teen initiation of tobacco/ nicotine use. This paper is intended to bring the scientific literature in favor of promoting e-cigarettes as a tobacco harm reduction modality to the attention of tobacco control advocates.""

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Awe yes, the brain washing and dumbing down of our citizens by proliferating an ideology to our youth. Kind of scary for the future of America. I managed to retire early by not listening to the consensus thought on how to accumulate wealth. When everyone does the same thing, everyone fails at the same time.

Oh yes, and the brain washing includes painting smokers as weak drug addicts, stupid, sneaky, rebellious, stinky, unclean, disgusting, [insert pejorative adjective], etc.

And as for brainwashing about the products themselves.... well, this cartoon provides a good illustration.

B.C. Comic Strip on GoComics.com

1st panel: Pig enters picture from the left. Turkey stands behind a sign that reads "Tryptophan causes cancer! Eat pork."
2nd panel: Pig says, "Dude...."
3rd panel: "You can't just go around making up medical facts."
4th panel: Turkey says, "So, that wasn't you with the 'Pork, the gateway drug' sign?"

Sound familiar?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good one Elaine... worth the band width.... :)

1144d0c031c501314300001dd8b71c47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread