The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My desk is a mess, how do you store your stuff??

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by genelman, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rebeca

Rebeca Full Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    Oh wow!! lol, mine is in the same condition...i have more eliquids, batteries, chargers...and any work related items...

2. Mediaguy

Mediaguy Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2012
    MontrealQuebecCanada
    I used to think I was messy because everyone told me I was messy. This happened at work when I was in an office as much as at my home office, parts of my kitchen (I'm usually cooking or prepping something), the apartment in general, book shelf, laundry area... and so on.

Then I had a revelation; one time, the cleaning crew wanted to clean my desk and area (although there were enough papers, flyers, folders, and stuff in general that there were no dust deposits to wipe except under my keyboard) because they were actually being sorta pressured to do so (they always avoided my space).

So some kind-hearted person just kinda stacked everything that could be stacked, moved whatever couldn't to my empty second-drawer, etc etc.

When I came in it was ... spotless, beautiful... and completely useless!

I realized this as over the next few days whenever somebody asked me for something, or I had to move on to another or a new task, I was searching and ruffling and unstacking more than I was actually being productive.

As I fell behind and others waited for me to do my part (it was an IT company where I had all sorts of responsibilities and random projects to coordinate), and people started turning to others in the office for stuff they usually got from me, I resumed my usual, instinctive messiness.

Over the space of another week everything synched again and I was rippin' and roarin' away, accomplishing, forwarding, actually getting things in ahead of schedule, delivering little extras, etc...

And I realized: I have a system.

An actual, bona-fide system.

It isn't your usual file-folder alphabetisized folder system that requires an index, or some grid work system with a place for everything and everything in its place... no, no....

It's a dynamic, three-dimensional, real-time dispersal of work that not only went left to right or top to bottom, A to B and 1 to 10, but diagonally and vertically and horizontally according to time, priority, completion, progression, all at hand's reach, kind of following my own work habits in a computer system.

And though it doesn't look very esthetically pleasing to those who like straight lines and analog thinking, I work in a digital domain, and this was a sort of Brick & Mortar version of cloud computing.

I still use it to this day because I can't help it. And I have always challenged any OCDish system-oriented worker or supervisory figure to beat me or find fault in my results.

We just ain't all wired the same, if you ask me.

3. devilutzu

devilutzu Full Member Verified Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Timisoara, Romania
    you can get a box with multi drawers for screws and stuff, helps a bit, but not much.

4. corwindarksky

corwindarksky Full Member

Apr 6, 2012
    san Diego
    get a fancy box or some jazz to put it all in on your desk

5. Landlord

Landlord Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    I have 2 shelves i use to store all my stuff!

Attached Files:

6. Warren D. Lockaby

Warren D. Lockaby Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    South Carolina, USA
    I know *exactly* what you mean; I have tried to explain this concept to countless people over the years and don't think it soaked in to a single one of them. My "filing system" didn't need to make sense to anybody but me, all they needed to know was to leave my dadburned stacks alone! Stay they heck away from my desk! You wanna clean a desk, go clean your own!

I used to go ballistic over stuff like this until I learned (and most of my bosses & coworkers learned): this is just how I function. It works, and if you mess with it, it'll stop working. Don't mess with it, and it'll keep working. Simple. I'm getting paid by the hour so if you break it that's more your problem than mine. Once I understood this my stress level went 'way down, and once they did, their's did too.

Cheers! :toast:

7. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    That's exactly how I am at work. I sell stuff on Ebay for the dealer I work for and my desk/area looks like a total mess and my storage area (separate cage in the back of our parking garage) is a nightmare. 90% of the time someone says I need x part I can just go grab it immediately. I've got my own system (been doing that particular job there for 7 years) and it makes sense to me. I just wish I could get them to stop leaving stuff on my desk over the weekend that isn't labeled. I hate having to chase people down (I get stuff from parts, service and sales) so I know what is what and why it's there. I can even find something if it's a random take-off part that I might have sitting around. They (the higher ups that only care about how stuff looks) know I have a system that only makes sense to me and have accepted it for the most part. They're going to be screwed when I quit eventually.

As for vaping stuff, it's either on my desk or in a dresser drawer. It's a cluster.... and I'm still not sure how I keep track of everything. :laugh:

8. NaturesEncore

NaturesEncore Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Chicago
    I just ordered a few of these at amazon, in a few different drawer configurations. They'll hang on a wall in a locked closet.
    81ldgEuSUuL__AA1280_.jpg

9. devilutzu

devilutzu Full Member Verified Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Timisoara, Romania
    Heh, that's the wy to go ... from a pack of cigs, a lighter and an ashtray to a desk full of bits and pieces.

But quiting the analogues is worth all that trouble :)

10. genelman

genelman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2012
    Fairfax, Virginia

how do you organize your juices, according to suppliers, or flavors maybe?

11. ChinMullet

ChinMullet Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Outer Space
    Top desk drawer and some old cigar boxes I enjoyed emptying once upon a time.

I open it when I sit down to vape, and close it when I'm done. No messy piles of vape stuff to be seen anywhere. :)

Attached Files:

12. badmotivator

badmotivator Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    Eugene, OR
  13. Landlord

Landlord Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    Suppliers!

14. RansomB

RansomB Full Member Verified Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
  15. versaden

versaden Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Once I took a look at my first eGo order (and a bunch of leftovers from my V2 KR808s), it quickly became obvious I was going to have to find a way to keep everything organized lest I risk losing my mind (since I can be a mild neat freak on the occasion). My girlfriend and I were at the local employee-owned grocery store and walked by the scrapbooking section. I managed to find a great little plastic organizer that did the trick. While I likely won't be able to acquire tons of tons of different juices to simply try them (not enough space in the organizer), I should be able to stockpile 30-50 mL bottles of my main juices with little issue--along with keeping all my new/used cartos, tanks, and attys in their right place.

16. genelman

Mar 8, 2012
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Do you keep the juices that are being steeped in the fridge?

17. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Missoula Montana

Not for steeping, either you want them at room temp and able to breath or give a warm water bath. After their steeped you can store in a cool dark place or in the fridge.

18. bravo95

bravo95 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 25, 2012
    United States
    I have a train case with a lock on it that I keep my juices in and a bead box that I use to keep attys and drip tips in, along with whatever other little things I have. Batteries...well I haven't found a spot for my big ones yet.

19. genelman

Mar 8, 2012
    Fairfax, Virginia
    I also need something for when I am traveling?

20. Rudakus

Rudakus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Florida
    Chinmullet what's the container that you have your atty's in? That looks great.

-rudy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.