My DNA20 box mod project build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States
Hey got a coupe questions did you twist the ribbon cable going to the display? Did it put any pressure on it? Also could i get a detailed picture of how you glued the board to the box? Were you cobcerned thats its so permenant? OK last couple did your chi you cap thread on or did you just drill it out and epox it in, and last whats that black tape holding the screen and where the dna 20 is? Sorry for so many questions but i wanted a provari now looks like im planning a build lol

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
yes....the ribbon cable twists but only so much. if you see the inside where i mounted the chip and display thats about how much it twists...no more. i drilled the hole just slightly bigger than the threads of the topcap. it wont thread in unless i used a tap that same diameter and thread pitch. the black tape i used is gaffers tape. i only did that till i find a better solution to mount the display, gaffers tape hold very well. i will try to post pics tomorrow if the inside.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Threw this together tonight. I still have to drill and create windows for the up/down switches, OLED, and Charging port. Got my DNA20 from A to Z Vapor World. I have to contact them about a small issue that I am experiencing. The display does not switch. When locked, I can press the Fire and Up buttons and the display says "Right Mode". Press the Fire and Down Buttons and the display says "Normal Mode", but it never changes. Also I'm waiting for my stainless steel flattop cap to arrive, so no testing for a few more days.

Anyway, here it is in it's partially assembled form.

[URL=http://s155.photobucket.com/user/SkeeterJeff/media/Vaping%20Images/004_zpsd1308935.jpg.html] [/URL]

itsrayray

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
athens, tn
I have that same button as you red, but flush(got wrong one), I'm gonna use a 16mm flush for button.

This is what I'm gonna use for screen protection.

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-...=3143395&store=1196&view=detail&nValue=SEARCH

What I have so far, chi cap, tactile buttons, red box, 16 mm fire button(to thr left of it is the 12mm), evolve charger, battery holders, need wire, and for the DNA30 coop to get started(hope I get in).

Top cap is coming from HERE.

Fire Button came from HERE.

Next one will have a smaller fire button. I had the switch wired where it was lit all of the time, but disconnected it for now. I'll figure out how to get it to light when closed later.

Soldered a Diamond Coil that I built a few weeks ago just for giggles to the +/- output and cranked it up to 20 watts. Worked like a charm.

Jeff

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Top cap is coming from HERE.

Fire Button came from HERE.

Next one will have a smaller fire button. I had the switch wired where it was lit all of the time, but disconnected it for now. I'll figure out how to get it to light when closed later.

Soldered a Diamond Coil that I built a few weeks ago just for giggles to the +/- output and cranked it up to 20 watts. Worked like a charm.

Jeff

Hey just want to point out that's a 12 volt led. It says on the specs 5-12v. It might be too dim or not light at all on 3.7v system. I have the black one with the blue ring, and its the same spec. I will let you know how I cross this bridge when I come to it because I still have parts coming in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States
Hey just want to point out that's a 12 volt led. It says on the specs 5-12v. It might be too dim or not light at all on 3.7v system. I have the black one with the blue ring, and its the same spec. I will let you know how I cross this bridge when I come to it because I still have parts coming in.

id like to know too researching like crazy trying to figure out how to get the led to fire when button is used. then i though my finger covers it anyway...BUT I STILL WANT IT! gathering all my parts for my build but havent figured this one out yet...about to just give up

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
id like to know too researching like crazy trying to figure out how to get the led to fire when button is used. then i though my finger covers it anyway...BUT I STILL WANT IT! gathering all my parts for my build but havent figured this one out yet...about to just give up

What I did was fold the negitave post for the LED over onto the case and soldered it. Then ran the positive / switched wire to the device, the LED lit.

Also, mine came with a resistor for use with higher voltages.

EDIT: just noticed yours is a little different than mine. Mine is a this one
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370947965737

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
What I did was fold the negitave post for the LED over onto the case and soldered it. Then ran the positive / switched wire to the device, the LED lit.

Yeah that's more like the one asidrave has. I was talking to bap about it and I might just throw a 9v in it until I think of something else. The 9v should last a while.

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States

did the led light when button was pressed or is it just always on.

thought about this just runnign straight from the abttery but its 12v might now have enough power to get much light plus its on off.....but an idea to get the gears turning. a spdt switch with a resistor straight from the battery but will it send any power to the dna. or is the switch separate from the power to the light.
1 Momentary Red Light SPDT on on Switch 12V R11E | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread