My eRoll is on the way; I'm not sure why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
On an impulse yesterday I bought an eRoll starter set, extra atomizers and tanks, and a spare cone from Rocky Mountain Vapor.

I don't know why I want a cigalike. I haven't smoked a real cigarette since April 2000, so it'll be 14 years next month. I LOVE vaping though. It's everything I loved about smoking but it tastes much better and doesn't have all the things I hated about it.

Between my boyfriend and I we have 4 Provaris and are really happy with our toppers (almost all from By Leo). Everything works great, flavor is great, vapor is great... but for some reason I keep being drawn to having a cigalike too.

I have a feeling the battery life on the eRoll will be the dealbreaker (I can blow through an 18650 in a few hours), but maybe that's manageable with the PCC - I figure keep one in the PCC charging at all times? As a chain vaper though I am wondering if maybe cigalikes just are not the right thing for me... but I want one! I love my Provaris (I got the Mini for when I leave the house and travel) but they are big, like all mods, and a tiny little device is very appealing. Refilling the eRoll cartridges doesn't really bother me since I drip almost exclusively anyway.

I got the ship notification earlier so I may have it tomorrow or Wednesday. If I don't like it I'll give it to my mom. Just really trying not to get my hopes up here. :)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
You might find you like it better when out and about. I do. Also, I load it with much higher nick than I vape all day on my bigger setups and just use it when I get that old, familiar, "feeling" of wanting a smoke. The habit-type things like when doing taxes type thing... or talking on the phone, etc... TMI BUT I always have one PCC and Eroll in the bathroom.:oops: Trying to say, its not my main ADV vape... just a fill in. I think you'll have a place for it in your life and will enjoy it.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
You might find you like it better when out and about. I do. Also, I load it with much higher nick than I vape all day on my bigger setups and just use it when I get that old, familiar, "feeling" of wanting a smoke. The habit-type things like when doing taxes type thing... or talking on the phone, etc... TMI BUT I always have one PCC and Eroll in the bathroom.:oops: Trying to say, its not my main ADV vape... just a fill in. I think you'll have a place for it in your life and will enjoy it.

I use mine when I'm out and about - it's just so convenient to carry 2 eRolls and a fully charged PCC with a needle-tip bottle of juice - doesn't take up any more space than a pack of cigs, it's nice and discreet - invisible almost for stealth vaping. Going to order a spare kit soon 'cause I love my eRoll so much :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
invisible almost for stealth vaping.

I stealth vape with the eRoll everywhere, with 100% PG juice, never even came close to getting busted for "smoking" ... :blink:

All anyone is going to see is that your hand is near your mouth ...

My only complaint with the eRoll is that its SO easy to lose one, they just eRoll away ... :(

Must be tough for the person who finds it, when the battery dies a few hours later, or the tank goes dry ... :rolleyes:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Rocky Mountain Vapor has a code (20ROCKY) for 20% off everything on their site, so it was a good deal overall. :) It should be here tomorrow and if I like it I'll pick up some spares while the code still works (although I think it might be permanent...?)

Well, here's the way it works. LOL Joye has heavy and strict control over pricing. A vendor who sells their products cannot sell below what Joye says... I guess they want to control their market value. If the vendor violates that agreement, Joye will no longer sell to them. What I've noticed is that the vendor carrying the Erolls many are going up by around $8.00 on the kits... I didn't notice other parts prices... this tells me that when a vendor runs out of their stock and go to replenish it, they will not only have to pay Joye more but agree to sell for a higher retail price than they have been. Whenever you see a big sale on Joye products, its a discontinue sale because they know that by doing it, they won't be able to do business with Joye again.... and usually don't want to. ;) because of the price controls On RMV, that code has always been good so I don't expect it to change... but, yeh, then ya never know.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Welp, it came yesterday and I've been checking it out.

The amount of vapor isn't bad and it does muffle flavor (especially since I'm used to dripping). There is almost no throat hit at 6mg so I stuck some 18mg in and that made a big difference. Almost everything I have is 0 and 6 so maybe I'll DIY something at 18 specifically for the eRoll. Only thing is if I vape too much 18mg it'll make me sick I bet, so I'd have to hit it less often.

The charging hasn't really been an issue because it charges so quickly (about 25 mins per battery).

The "action" is weird to me because I haven't had a cigarette in so long... it feels weird to "smoke." Vaping on a Provari with a dripper doesn't seem nearly as much like smoking to me.

And man are the batteries tiny. :) I got the silver and they are kind of slippery. Wondering if the black has a grippier finish?

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Yeh, black has that rubberized surface making it feel less slippery. I only use mine as I would normalling smoke so higher nic is not an issue. When I first got it, I did chain vape with it but that was because I hadn't yet tried clearos. Once I got those, the Eroll just became a smoking simulation fill in and out and about thing so having higher nic in it wasn't an issue and actually a very good thing as I don't chain when out.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi Coelli!

You will likely want also to have more flavorful juices in your eRoll...I especially like heavy mints like Kringle's Curse, or strong tobaccos. I still have my eRoll, though haven't touched it in a while. It was what I started with, and I still really like it--as Patkin says, like a fill-in or occasional "treat".

I loved it because it was so much like a cigarette. Hope you enjoy yours!

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Welp, the verdict is in - I just bought 3 more batteries and cones. :)

Overall I like it. I love my Provaris and this will never replace them, but the diminutive size and the fact that I am holding an eRoll in my teeth as I type this is hard to beat. I brought the eRoll with me on a trip last week and while I still mostly used the Provari/Dripper Pro combo I brought too, I still found myself using the eRoll now and then. I even got caught stealth vaping at a bar (the bartender just laughed at me). The vapor production is actually really good for such a tiny device and with the right liquids, the taste is pretty good too. I'm interested in trying the SS mesh when my first atomizer burns out.

Battery life IS pitiful for the way I vape, but I've been able to rotate between two batteries pretty easily. Having the extras charged up and ready will make that a non-issue, and they're so small that they'll be easy to carry around. I've just been refilling from a bottle rather than dealing with extra cartridges but I do have some filled and ready to go just in case.

I almost bought a Bloog for the extra battery life, but the proportional increase in size/weight made me decide to stick with the eRoll. All in all it's a win. :)

Lorelei

ECF Veteran
I love my eRoll. I didn't ever have an urge to buttonhole smokers to show off my eGos, but I want everyone to look at my eRoll 'cause it's so slick. I can also carry it in a tiny purse or a pocket. Win! Lastly, I wouldn't feel comfy openly smoking even an eGo in public, but I drive around vaping away on my commutes, while waiting to pick up a food order, you name it. I still, out of courtesy, go outside when in a place serving food, because I vape bakery flavors and fruits, and it seems rude to interfere with a restaurant's own food odors, somehow. It puts out huge clouds of fragrant vapor even with 50-50 juices.

It's good for what it's meant to do. It's not supposed to be for a prolonged chain-vape session (though I've done that). For that, I still use a eGo or Vision spinner and bigger tank. I'm also trying lots of new juices, and before I buy a dripping set-up, eRolls give me great flavor (often better than tanks) and are a snap to swap flavors with. It's also so darn stylish.

Last edited:

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Rocky Mountain Vapor has a code (20ROCKY) for 20% off everything on their site, so it was a good deal overall. :) It should be here tomorrow and if I like it I'll pick up some spares while the code still works (although I think it might be permanent...?)
You can't go wrong with Rocky Mountain Vapor. I've been using them for about 5 years & their customer service is top notch & you gotta love the free shipping :toast:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I love my eRoll.

........ It's also so darn stylish.

For what it is, it's pretty super. :) If I were going to a wedding or ballet or theatre or other "dress up" affair, I would definitely bring an eRoll because as you say, it's stylish. It will give you a good hard hit when you need it, but not for chain-vaping. I don't chain vape anyway except when I'm home.

I am hoping they redesign it and make the case a tad bigger to hold TWO batteries, have TWO charging slots. Then it would be perfect.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I agree but only because bigger tanks are more convenient but not because the Eroll won't hold up to chain vaping. It surely will. I still have not kicked the urge to smoke when I'm stressed and doubt I ever will considering its still happens at this late date vaping. When it happens, I have to have that cigalike feel to get through it. I chain vape the Eroll then and have done so all day seldom picking up my other setups if at all. I've done it with just the two in rotation but having 8-to-10 batts going at the same time is more convenient of course or having that many tanks filled to just pop on the two. The atty takes a beating the same as if it was in my Joye CCs so the only real difference is the battery size and these little things just never stop amazing me.

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
A nice change up from the heavy Provari topper setup to the Eroll or even the Ecab. I love these for out and about days shopping ,getting the kids etc...nice vape and love the ease of filling them especially when testing my vape mail. No need to fill the kayfun when all i need is a couple of drops in the Eroll and test away..

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I'm still liking it. The extra batteries arrived a couple of days ago. I still haven't had a reason to bring it somewhere instead of a Provari, but I'm traveling again soon for several days and I'll probably bring the eRoll stuff along too. :)

I do wish the tanks held a little more, but it's manageable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread