Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It does have a flange, and I'm pretty sure it's an XL.

These are the ones I usually get: Single Coil XL Tank replacement 510 cartomizer for 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL - w/flange and 1, 2 or 3 holes.

ETA: I use 70pg/30vg, so 1 or 2 holes work for me. I'm not sure about 50/50.

In my signature is a link to a video about 'Hot Swapping' a carto tank. The method will not work with a tank that has a designated bottom cap, but the video will give you an idea of how a SYM/tank tool works.

Last edited:

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
These are the ones I usually get: Single Coil XL Tank replacement 510 cartomizer for 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL - w/flange and 1, 2 or 3 holes.

ETA: I use 70pg/30vg, so 1 or 2 holes work for me. I'm not sure about 50/50.

In my signature is a link to a video about 'Hot Swapping' a carto tank. The method will not work with a tank that has a designated bottom cap, but the video will give you an idea of how a SYM/tank tool works.

Nice! FINALLY I understand how that tool is used! I've seen it on sites and you don't even want to KNOW the weird things that went through my head trying to figure how to use it with no context.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nice! FINALLY I understand how that tool is used! I've seen it on sites and you don't even want to KNOW the weird things that went through my head trying to figure how to use it with no context.

The Slap Yo Moma tool is indespensable for using cartotanks in my opinion. PBusardo does a great review/demo of it which is in my cartotank setup guide in my previous post.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
The Slap Yo Moma tool is indespensable for using cartotanks in my opinion. PBusardo does a great review/demo of it which is in my cartotank setup guide in my previous post.

Thanks Bad. You're kind of my Yoda. Much knowledge you have, mmmmmm. Seriously, almost everytime I search for info on ECF I see one of your posts and invariably walk away feeling like I understand better than I did going in. Good lookin' out, bro.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Yeah a carto will last you a week where the bottom coils with maintenance will last you a couple of weeks but some flavors just cut it better in a carto for me. I use both!

My cartos last 2-3 weeks.Its highly dependent on the juice(s) you use.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks Bad. You're kind of my Yoda. Much knowledge you have, mmmmmm. Seriously, almost everytime I search for info on ECF I see one of your posts and invariably walk away feeling like I understand better than I did going in. Good lookin' out, bro.

Baditude
smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten.gif
The Minion are Legion

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
View attachment 238972

The IBTanked pyrex cartotanks are an ideal tank for new and veteran users alike. A complete tank kit can be purchased between $25 -$30 depending upon the size of the tank. There are of course less expensive tanks on the market, but I'm a firm believer that you generally get exactly what you pay for. Paying a few more dollars can help ensure a more satisfying first tank experience. Here's a review of the IBTanked:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

I was very happy with my smoktech dct tank; but all you guys kept going on about how these pyrex tanks are so superior, so I blew $30, and found I could hardly lift it. So, I just wanted to note that if you are elderly, have arthritis, or other factors that the weight of your PV effects your vaping choices, you might want to reconsider the choice of pyrex glass over a polycarbonate or other acrylic tank.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I was very happy with my smoktech dct tank; but all you guys kept going on about how these pyrex tanks are so superior, so I blew $30, and found I could hardly lift it. So, I just wanted to note that if you are elderly, have arthritis, or other factors that the weight of your PV effects your vaping choices, you might want to reconsider the choice of pyrex glass over a polycarbonate or other acrylic tank.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think perhaps I shall weigh some of my tanks and post the info.

If you aren't going to use glass, I highly recommend polypropylene tanks. Polypro does not react to juice like polycarbonate or acrylic (both of which will degrade with some flavors). You might look at the Valley View Vapes tanks. The cartos can be a bit of a pain to change (the grommets are very tight), but once it is in, the side screw makes filling very easy. I have a 5ml and it is one of the tanks I use most often.

Economy Tanks

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
FWIW, I've been using Smoktech 2-hole cartos for 50/50 (one's a custard flavor, one is a fruit flavor) in two of my IBT tanks - I've run about 15 ml through each so far, no issues yet.

I swear by Smoktech cartos. Im using single coil 2-hole laser punched XL cartos with a flange for tanks ( i like the extra security) from Smoktek.com

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
I swear by Smoktech cartos. Im using single coil 2-hole laser punched XL cartos with a flange for tanks ( i like the extra security) from Smoktek.com
Sounds like the exact same ones I'm using, and very happy with them so far. I tried some Boge cartos, but they didn't last as long as the Smoktechs, nor did they seem to draw as well. I was getting about three days out of them, then it was like sucking a milkshake through a soda straw.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I'm sorry to hear that. I think perhaps I shall weigh some of my tanks and post the info.

If you aren't going to use glass, I highly recommend polypropylene tanks. Polypro does not react to juice like polycarbonate or acrylic (both of which will degrade with some flavors). You might look at the Valley View Vapes tanks. The cartos can be a bit of a pain to change (the grommets are very tight), but once it is in, the side screw makes filling very easy. I have a 5ml and it is one of the tanks I use most often.

Economy Tanks

The premium tanks use proper anodized aluminum end caps and come in either pyrex or polypropylene. I have one of there premium tanks and I can confirm that the end caps and cartos are easier to take in and out than a tank from IBTanked. The premium tanks are still less expensive than what IBTanked has to offer ($17-$27). There is a scratch and dent section that has pyrex glass tanks for less than $20.

Premium Tanks
Scratch and Dent

Last edited:

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm in the same boat as the OP right now. I just bought my eVic today-should have bought a provari....provari...vari... lol

Anyway, I was wanting to try something besides my BCC's and picked up a cartotank...Oh...My...God! What a difference it made. I love my Evods, but I have been vaping my eVic with a generic CT waay harder than I did my egos and haven't had a "flavor deficient" hit yet. A real feet since I tend to over-burn my Evods a lot hitting them too frequently and this, going nearly twice as hard, is putting me through the ringer.

Next stop, direct drip! Just need my RBA and a drip shield.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The premium tanks use proper anodized aluminum end caps and come in either pyrex or polypropylene. I have one of there premium tanks and I can confirm that the end caps and cartos are easier to take in and out than a tank from IBTanked. The premium tanks are still less expensive than what IBTanked has to offer ($17-$27). There is a scratch and dent section that has pyrex glass tanks for less than $20.

Premium Tanks
Scratch and Dent

My dilemma it that I have lots of tanks and only one flavor I really like :( I'm thankful to have an ADV, but for the most part it's my only day vape. I have at least a couple of hundred dollars worth of small samples and only a couple have risen to the tolerable level - certainly not something I want to waste a carto on. I compensate by putting the juice I like in all different types of delivery systems, which each tastes just different enough I can pretend they are other flavors. I can't even find anything I think I might like if I remixed it DIY.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm in the same boat as the OP right now. I just bought my eVic today-should have bought a provari....provari...vari... lol

Anyway, I was wanting to try something besides my BCC's and picked up a cartotank...Oh...My...God! What a difference it made. I love my Evods, but I have been vaping my eVic with a generic CT waay harder than I did my egos and haven't had a "flavor deficient" hit yet. A real feet since I tend to over-burn my Evods a lot hitting them too frequently and this, going nearly twice as hard, is putting me through the ringer.

Next stop, direct drip! Just need my RBA and a drip shield.

You know, you can drip with a regular 510 or 306 atty. You can get them for <$6.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You know, you can drip with a regular 510 or 306 atty. You can get them for <$6.

It was a thought, but I'm starting to get into DIY anyway so I figure I'll just by the RBA dripping atty at my B&M for $10 since I'm going to buy one anyway. I've started rebuilding my Evod coils, but I like to play with things a bit so the RBA just made sense to me.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It was a thought, but I'm starting to get into DIY anyway so I figure I'll just by the RBA dripping atty at my B&M for $10 since I'm going to buy one anyway. I've started rebuilding my Evod coils, but I like to play with things a bit so the RBA just made sense to me.

I only meant there are other options. I didn't mean for it to be so directed at you, I should have worded it differently. I wanted to point it out in general, since I love dripping and it makes me sad when people don't try it because they think they have to get something they have to rebuild.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
My dilemma it that I have lots of tanks and only one flavor I really like :( I'm thankful to have an ADV, but for the most part it's my only day vape. I have at least a couple of hundred dollars worth of small samples and only a couple have risen to the tolerable level - certainly not something I want to waste a carto on. I compensate by putting the juice I like in all different types of delivery systems, which each tastes just different enough I can pretend they are other flavors. I can't even find anything I think I might like if I remixed it DIY.
I getcha. I currently have 3 IBTanked tanks (with 2 more on the way in vapemail), and 2 Smoktech Pyrex DCTs. The three IBTs are all filled with my "co-ADV" favorite flavors, and I agree that I'm not wasting a carto on substandard/unknown juice...I have a dripping atomizer for those, along with a few Evods and a Vivi Nova (all of which are easy enough to dump, clean and reuse, but the draw, flavor and vapor isn't as good from any of them as it is from my carto tanks). I'm gonna have to find two more favorite flavors for the incoming IBTs! :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I getcha. I currently have 3 IBTanked tanks (with 2 more on the way in vapemail), and 2 Smoktech Pyrex DCTs. The three IBTs are all filled with my "co-ADV" favorite flavors, and I agree that I'm not wasting a carto on substandard/unknown juice...I have a dripping atomizer for those, along with a few Evods and a Vivi Nova (all of which are easy enough to dump, clean and reuse, but the draw, flavor and vapor isn't as good from any of them as it is from my carto tanks). I'm gonna have to find two more favorite flavors for the incoming IBTs! :)

I end up dripping a lot, so I don't waste cartos and clearos. I choke every time I read that Baditude rotates 12 tanks with different juices. 12??? It's not fair! Why can't I have 6 I like and he can have 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread