Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Still vaping on the honeydew cream. I can still barely taste much of anything but it seems to be fairly ok. The nic seems a bit harsh still, could just be my sore throat. But im not getting the nic overdose symptoms from excessive nicotine so i think its just that my throat is still raw from having the flu. On a positive note, i do see where i can tweak and improve this mix. But im gonna wait til i get over the flu before i start mixing again. Gonna take this first batch to work tomorrow and get a second opinion.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Still vaping on the honeydew cream. I can still barely taste much of anything but it seems to be fairly ok. The nic seems a bit harsh still, could just be my sore throat. But im not getting the nic overdose symptoms from excessive nicotine so i think its just that my throat is still raw from having the flu. On a positive note, i do see where i can tweak and improve this mix. But im gonna wait til i get over the flu before i start mixing again. Gonna take this first batch to work tomorrow and get a second opinion.
Only opinion that matters is yours. Start the experiments now so that they can get a steep .

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    .... steeping will improve flavors im sure
    Taste/test at time of mix. Write flavor note. Test a couple days later. Write any changes to first note. Test until no more changes. That's your steep time. With those 2, I find they'd be good to go overnight.
    .... and the time period I expect all should come to fruition... (age 7-21 days, best 30-45)
    That's a really long time IMHO, and for that 30+ day mark, I only find for a select few concentrates or 8-10% Cap Vanilla custard. YMMV.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    At 4 days now, the juice is smooth and mellow, not overly sweet, not over the top with the honeydew flavor either. Might could use a bit more melon but maybe not. Actually pretty balanced. If it was bad, id say so. But for the first try, ill have to give it a 4 out of 5 score. A bit more melon flavor for the next batch is all im gonna do to recipie

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    For the record, i reformulated the strawberry cheesecake. Upped the cheesecake and graham crust some and at first try, its freakin wonderful. Steeping will make it much better. Id buy this one if it was for sale, but since i made it, well you know...lol.
    Congrats. You have to post the re-formulation. haha

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If anything, i need to get some graham cracker to add in. The cheesecake graham crust is good but i think it needs a tiny graham cracker boost....other than that, this juice is pretty nice.
    Put 10ml up for a steep. You'll find the flavors are much different after a month of steeping.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Im gonna do another tankful and hide the rest. Already blew thru one tank in about an hour, its that good...so ill hide the rest for about a week...by the way, im using nicotine salt in my mixes. I kinda like it.
    Salts are all I use, I like a smooth vape.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler

The cream may take some time to develop give it a 1 to 2 week steep. Here's another DIY with the Cap honeydew it's a knock off of Naked All Melon using all Cap, but use what you have.

Cap Sweet Watermelon 6%
    Cap Cantaloupe 3%
    Cap Honeydew 3%
    70/30 VG/PG

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread