ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Capella honeydew 2%
Capella peaches and cream 4%
Nicotine 6mg/ml
VG/PG 70/30
30 ml batch
First vape, not bad. Tastes like bubble gum or something. This one must steep. Honeydew is a kinda strong flavor so at 2%, it isnt up in your face. The peaches and cream give it a nice mellowness at 4% so i think ill leave it alone when i make a second batch. This is where i usually mess up a good thing. Second batches are when i try to tweak things, and end up with nastiness. This mix is nice and im not changing a thing. It needs a name. Somebody mix this and get back to me.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Sounds good. Curious, what's the peaches and cream like as a standalone?
Dont know, never tried it by itself. The smell of it is very peach though. I smell all the flavors before i decide to use in a recipie...it gives me a decent idea of what it would taste like. I would imagine it would be fine as a stand alone though. My diy starter kit is starting to get low on supplies and ill need to make an order soon. Now that ive experimented a little, im getting to know what id like to make more of.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Its ok but you could make a way better peaches and cream.
Probably. I ordered the starter kit from nicotine river with my choice of 15 flavors. I only had vague ideas of what to pick. The only real mistake was the black cherry. It was extremely nasty. Wont be doing that again...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is my opinion that that "fake/nasty" cherry stuff or whatever they do to cherries to put them on sundaes that makes the pit dissolve, M-something, cherries, are as ubiquitously revolting as peanut butter, which I never encountered until I moved to the US, and deeply, deeply do not understand the appeal.

Cherry flavoring and peanut butter flavoring are two things that I would probably use only upon pain of death (and you might have to tell me I was headed to hell, first, or I might STILL take my chances).

Anything but fresh cherries is just a tragic, tragic mistake. The husband wanted a "birthday pie" that was pie crust, boston crème, with a layer of "cherry filling" the first birthday he had (he gave detailed instructions). I was utterly horrified, but complied, dutifully. I even found a way to frost it, in the end. He told me it was "the most disgusting birthday thing he'd ever eaten," as if *I* had chosen it.

LOL. I was so PO'd, I created a graham-cracker crust that I lined with dark chocolate that I melted on there, and made Boston-crème filling that I liberally dotted with cherries that I boiled myself with brown sugar. I frosted it, "Happy Birthday Mr. American Chef. I can do better."

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I finally found a use for black cherry. Mix it with tfa's energy drink (red bull). Not great but ok. Im trying it in cola but Im not really hopeful. All cherries taste like cough syrup to me. I had the one in red bull at .5
If i ever use it again, it will be at very low percentage

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Update....the honeydew/peaches and cream mix has steeped for 9 days now. Its a really interesting combo. At 9 days, i dont taste exactly peach or honeydew. They blended nicely. Its a sweet fruity bubblegum type flavor, cant put my finger on it exactly. And thats what i was shooting for. One of those "what is that, thats good" flavors. This one is a keeper. The recipie i already shared, so mix and enjoy.

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Ok, it has steeped a couple more days, tastes even better. I swore i wouldnt tweak this recipie, and im not changing the percentages on the 2 flavors. But im curious as to what a bit of marshmallow, say 1%, would do to this already tasty mix. The cream part of the the peaches and cream give it a, well for lack of better description, a creamy note. This mix is good for a simple 2 flavor recipie but in the back of my mind im thinking what could i do to make it even better. But like i stated in my OP, mucking with a good recipie is where i usually mess up.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Mix the same mix again, but add 1-2% marshmallow. That way, if you ruin a mix, it won't be your "perfect" mix, and you can compare them side to side. That is what I would do.

Anna
Thats logical. I guess the only way to satisfy my curiosity is to get some marshmallow and try it. I was wondering, too, if anybody has used marshmallow with fruit flavors like honeydew or peach. My first honeydew experiment i used fresh cream with it. It was overly sweet to me, but one of my friends liked it . Im trying to figure out what makes my favorite commercial juices so good to me and duplicate that. Trying to get an idea of the next batch of flavorings i need to order. So far, the juices i have made are good for the most part. I dont exactly want to clone my favorite commercial juices, i just want my creations to have that same quality. So, with that in mind, marshmallow might be one of those "magic" ingredients that i need to have on hand. And im sure there are a few others i need to research...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find marshmallow, merengue and cotton candy to be my "go to" magic flavors to layer in some flavor that will have lovely notes. Usually, they will sweeten mixes, so you may want to reduce something else if you are concerned about "too sweet." I also generally use those flavors in low percentages, as I believe several of them use ethyl maltol for sweetening and too much of it can mute other flavors. So, marshmallow should give your flavor depth AND sweetness, but don't overdo it. If your mix feels too sweet already, reduce your primary or one of your secondary "sweet" flavors, would be my advice. I mainly use sucralose for straight sweetening, but if I add in some of the above flavors to my mixes, I may really only need a drop or two of "pure" sweetener, and they do add accent notes.

I think marshmallow may be my favorite "layer" flavor, it just adds... I don't even quite know how to describe it... A fluffy, maybe possibly slightly "eggy" feel and the mouthfeel is often improved.

Anna

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I agree on the marshmallow and meringue. Add whipped cream also. I sometimes use MM and whipped cream as kind of a custard without the custard (if that makes sense). Most commercial juice has a ton of sweetner 2-5% or more. A lot of people miss that part of buying juice for a while. I agree with Anna, make another batch and split it into small bottles and tweak them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread