Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Only way IMHO.

For you! It's just different strokes for different folks, as always...a personal preference, like many things with vaping (ie. cotton or rayon for wicking, MTL or DTL, etc.). :)

He's just found the mixing method that he likes better, and that's a great thing! :)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mixing by weight can be fantastic with the right scale. I still mix by volume sometimes, I kind of enjoy both. But, I think mixing by weight may be faster, although at this point, I'm often fairly accurate with most stuff besides nic and flavors, and since I mostly am mixing 100 mg batches, I will sometimes just draw a "line" where my VG, DW and PEG400 needs to reach, etc. It may not be the most accurate method of all time, but it's fairly accurate and works fairly well for me. When I mix by weight, I feel there may be more accuracy, and less hassles with cleaning up equipment, that is where weight can really shine.

Glad you found a method you enjoy, I think a lot of folks who try it wind up with the same reaction as you "it was so much easier!" LOL. Congrats, and I'm glad you are enjoying the method. I just kind of enjoy DIY generally, I'm not sure I'd necessarily choose one type of mixing over the other, it kind of depends on how I'm feeling that day. Yep, I'm weird like that. There is something rather satisfying about syringes and pipettes and all for me, but my dad used to take me to the lab with him on weekends, so I could fool around pipetting and whatnot, it was pretty fun.

And, since I worked in genetics until my son was born, well, I find the whole process pretty easy (and, I don't have to swaddle myself in a full body suit to deal with the mutagens, EEK, especially since I was doing that for ALL of my pregnancy. The kiddo turned out okay, thankfully, if any mutation happened, it was probably positive. LOL.

Anna

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
For you! It's just different strokes for different folks, as always...a personal preference, like many things with vaping (ie. cotton or rayon for wicking, MTL or DTL, etc.). :)

He's just found the mixing method that he likes better, and that's a great thing! :)
And JC shows up again!

Just joking of course, but you did. :)

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
And JC shows up again!

Just joking of course, but you did. :)

Yep, and you posted only because I commented! I wondered where you were. :)

I didn't comment until the "Only way" statement was made. Newbies reading the thread need to know that there are indeed other methods, too, and all of them are OK to use. It's only another personal preference thing with vaping. I also said it's a great thing the OP found what he likes best...or did you miss that? :thumbs:

ETA: If no one mentions that there are more ways to mix, that also work fine...how's a newbie supposed to know that? Take a peek at the stickies on the DIY main page, from the point of view of a newbie. The only 1 there about mixing methods...is the Mixing By Weight one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread