My first post!!! ???DID I ORDER THE RIGHT MOD FOR ME???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnjeepman

Sep 29, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Hey all great to be here! I thought I put up a post earlier but I don't see it so I'm calling this my first official post so hope this one works. So I'm new here and just wanted to get something up and generate some feedback and say hi. A little background. I've been vaping for bout a year using a standard ego 900mah and some small tank from a local shop. Last week I got a new ego T and a kanger protank 2 and I love it, being able to adjust the volts for more vape or tone it down if I been using it alot to make sure I get through the rest of the day without it dying on me. So after ordering those and using them all week I officially caught the bug and decided its already time for another upgrade. (LOL) This entire weekend I've been researching mods and and trying to decide which one (since I can't afford all the ones I want :)) to start out with. I like the idea of being able to play with the watts and volts to find that perfect vape setting for my personal taste. I also decided I wanted the firing button on the side. So that ruled out mechanical mods. Maybe it's cause I'm so used to the egos but I think hitting the firing button on the bottom would be weird. So after much deliberation I ordered the Vamo v3 early this morning. I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for it to get here this week. Please don't tell me I made a poor choice? Hahaha....... but seriously please let me know what you guys think if you have any experience with it. Any feedback would be great! Also I want to mention that for the year or so that I've been vaping i've still been smoking analog cigs. That's about to change!!! I'm dead set on quitting now. I just haven't really seriously tried to all together quit but I feel like I'm finally ready to do it for me and I got my head right plus I've justified buying these new cool devices by telling myself how much money I'll save if I quit smoking and just vape. So I'm telling you guys kind of like as another form of accountability to help keep me on the path to a smoke free life. Anyway that's kinda where I'm at just wanted to get out there and say hello make myself known, so thanks for reading and I'll catch up with ya on the flipside.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So after much deliberation I ordered the Vamo v3 early this morning. I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for it to get here this week. Please don't tell me I made a poor choice? Hahaha....... but seriously please let me know what you guys think if you have any experience with it. Any feedback would be great! Also I want to mention that for the year or so that I've been vaping i've still been smoking analog cigs. That's about to change!!! I'm dead set on quitting now. I just haven't really seriously tried to all together quit but I feel like I'm finally ready to do it for me and I got my head right plus I've justified buying these new cool devices by telling myself how much money I'll save if I quit smoking and just vape. So I'm telling you guys kind of like as another form of accountability to help keep me on the path to a smoke free life. Anyway that's kinda where I'm at just wanted to get out there and say hello make myself known, so thanks for reading and I'll catch up with ya on the flipside.

Welcome and congratulations!

Vamo is a good, solid mod and has a strong following here! When you get your 5 posts you'll be able to join Vamo's subforum and exchange notes with other happy Vamo owners.

Good luck and happy vaping!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
18350 Vamo V3 mini get 10-12 hrs vape time (I vape hard) the 18650 I can vape 2x days

Still rocking my Vamo...love it...

Check the threads on the 510 connector as soon as you get it...there was a string of crappy threads that came in

But you can't go wrong with a budget rig that does EVERYTHING the over $100 rigs do!

Congrats!

P.S. You will save money...if you can quit buying stuff (ask me how I know :blink: )

Batts and charger
Nightcore and these http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/efest18650ft-detail

Oh and have backups for your backups
I have some uber cheap $6 USB bypass rigs "just in case"

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The vamo should get you there, was one of the devises I was looking at before deciding on a Provari. Now you need to start looking at re-buildable atomizers, rba's. That's where the great vape is. Something proper to cook you juice in. There's nothing more thrilling than wrapping your first build and getting mass vape.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes the one I got comes with the extensions and I think I'll be getting some different batteries and charger than the ones that come with it. So ideas for what batteries and charger to get are all welcome!

I use Nitecore charger and AW IMR batteries only. The eFest and the new hybrid Panasonics are also good.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
The only negatives that I have heard is that the voltage provided to the atomizer seems to be higher than is what you set it for. Set it low for awhile while you get a feel for how it performs so you don't burn your heads/juice. Also, I have heard that it is somewhat fragile. Beyond that, it always gets raves for the price. Any mod that keeps you analog free is the best mod ever made. Good luck, welcome and have fun!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The vamo should get you there, was one of the devises I was looking at before deciding on a Provari. Now you need to start looking at re-buildable atomizers, rba's. That's where the great vape is. Something proper to cook you juice in. There's nothing more thrilling than wrapping your first build and getting mass vape.

Ahem... I've been vaping happily for almost 4 years and I haven't rebuilt anything. I'm glad that you're enjoying rebuilding, but it's not recommended (or necessary) for brand new vapers.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
cnjeepman - you have made a great choice in the Vamo V3. It is very popular here, so much so it has its own Thread. In this thread you will learn all about your new Vamo and its operation and things to look out for. The one I hear mentioned a lot is to be careful about the threading for your toppers.

I am glad that you have decided you are ready to quit the cigarettes. I smoked 2 pad for 45 years and now have 6 weeks smoke free. And I did this with a spinner and dripping on 510 attys, nothing fancy. So this is within your reach. You sound ready.

Just remember that this may not happen overnight for you, even though you have made up your mind. The important thing is to have good equipment, you have that with a new vamo and protank and backups. And make sure you have plenty of liquid in flavors you like. I would also suggest that you pick up a bottle of 'cravings' juice - this is a bottle of eliquid that is at a higher nic strength than you normally vape. In the morning, or when you are out and you get a strong craving, vape that stronger juice for a little while.

When I was vaping 18mg nic, I was ok but felt like the cravings were chasing me. I switched over to 24mg nic and put the cigarettes down and have not had one since. You will get cravings. That is what the stronger nic and the people here on ECF are for. Come and post and ask questions and hang out. If you have to have a cigarette than have one. Don't beat yourself up over it. Like I said, sounds like you are ready. Good luck and glad you are here.

SaraP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Long Beach, CA, USA
Welcome cnjeepman! I think a Vamo is probably perfect for your vaping needs right now. When I felt I needed more than an ego, I went for an iTaste SVD ( which was way over-priced because they were brand new) and that was great for me. A vamo has pretty much the same functions. Just get yourself a good battery charger, good batteries and more batteries than you think you need...lol Most of all, have fun vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread