My first PV, the sidesho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
A little about myself. I'm 25 years old, my wife is about to have our first child any day now. I've never used any PV's or ecigs, or whatever you want to call them. I smoked about a pack a day of Camel Menthol Lights.

3/04/10 - I see a blu ad and actually click on it. I'm intrigued. The more I read about it, the more interested I become. I read into reviews of the blu. Not so good. And a three week shipping time? No thanks.

3/05/10 - I read more about PV's. Come across this site called e-cigarette forum. Find out that this guy Tony Kaeo sells a great product and has excellent customer service. Look on his website, and it is well designed and informative. Found out later that he only puts things on there when he has them in stock. This is enough for me to give it a try.

I place my order around 10:30 PM. I order a Sidesho Hybrid with one automatic, one manual battery, PCC, Charger, and some spare parts.

Get a confirmation email. Then get an actual email directly from Tony. He says he'll try to get it out tomorrow (Saturday).

3/06/10 - 12 hours after I place my order, I have a tracking number for a package. The post office was closed for about 9 of those hours too. Simply amazing customer service.

3/07/10 - Anticipation builds! Also, it is Sunday, and the post office is closed.

3/08/10 - What? I look in the mailbox and can't believe my eyes. There is the package. 1 business day, and I have my package. Again, amazing customer service (and a good job by USPS, I might add.)

I vape all day. Haven't smoked an analog since this date. I start with the convenient prefilled carts, and by the end of the day, I'm already dripping, and have absolutely no urge for an analog. The sidesho doesn't quit. No problems, no hassle. It just works. When the battery dies, I just pop it into the PCC to charge and take the spare out.

3/09/10 - The atty breaks in. The sidesho gets better? Absolutely. Vapor production has easily doubled. Taste has improved to the point where I could vape a no nic blend just for the taste of it. It's delicious.

3/18/10 - I notice that my manual battery isn't working as well as the auto one. This picture sums up Tony's customer service perfectly. Just take a look at the time when it was sent/received.

1.JPG

6 freaking minutes. That's all it took for him to respond and ok it.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else to say! Nothing else has gone wrong. None of my atty's have died. Nothing has performed below my expectations. It just works. Also, buy a manual USB pass-through. They rock!

You absolutely will not regret buying from Tony. His customer service and products are top notch.

GS850GX

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
That's funny as I did the same thing. First found the Blu and ordered it but was told there was a four week waiting list so I cancelled.
Found the forum here and discovered the Sidesho. Since then I have tried several other models and always come back to the Sidesho for vapor, taste and performance. As an aside, I have my original Sidesho kit that I have been using for over six months, everyday, and it ALL still works. Batteries, Atties, everything. This is maybe exceptional but I think Tony has put together a great quality product.

I had the same experience too. I saw an ad for blu on World of Warcraft's website. I was very excited and almost bought it right then and there. But I decided to check the reviews and stuff. It wasn't long before I found my way here. After looking at many options, it seemed like Modern Vapor was the one for me. I was a little worried because I didn't even know e-cigs existed until I saw that blu ad.

But, I read on here about Tony's amazing customer service. "Amazing" is an understatement. He takes care of his customers like a mother hen takes care of her eggs.

I also started with the Sidesho and quickly moved to the 902. The 902 manual is my favorite PV. It produces gobs of vapor with my Tasty Vapor and Halo e-juices and is a real workhorse.

Whenever I talk to newbies about e-cigs I always recommend Modern Vapor. There is a definite learning curve with these things and you don't want to veture into these waters by yourself. Tony will make sure you don't.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
To Kevek:
Glad you're doing well with it. Tony is absolutely fantastic with the service and honestly, the Sidesho is probably the best consistent performer with the shortest learning curve. I will never hesitate to recommend him. And the awesome colors help too. They're right up there with my shoe collection :p
LOL

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Tony and I are quickly building a "relationship" ...LOL...no, I'm not gay, but I LOVE THIS GUY! He's always responding to our input and VERY interested in not only how we use our PVs, but also what can improve his product and our experience.

It just doesn't get any better than Tony and ModernVapor. The SideSho keeps getting and better, the 902 is probably the best kept secret in "mini" PVs that combines all the best and none of the worst aspects of other scene favorites - the DSE-901 and the Joye 510. The kicker is, Modern Vapor's customer service is THE BEST AROUND. Period. Buying either of their PVs, and shopping with MV is an absolute no-brainer. You WILL NOT be sorry.

And if anyone hasn't noticed, he's also expanding the juice flavors...and testing new products (plural, but I'll let him announce that stuff), and
ordering new colors, expanding the accessories lines...

Aww, heck. Just read the first line of my sig:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread