My homemade mini juicebox (the MrPuffer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
ty Peter sir!^^

Would love to try out one of your Juiceboxes!

Peter? As in Peter Puffer? Say it ain't so ....

I'm sending you a PM/Email and am really looking forward to my Mr. Puffer ... all kidding aside. :D

Whimzcool - glad to hear you got yours. You deserve some goodness!

Michael

Last edited:

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I should be getting mine any day now as he said he was done and ready to ship. If it is like the mods I make that use that 14500 battery, then yes you might have to cut the negative coil down a bit. I have to cut mine on all of the ones I have made. Mine usually have about 3 turns in it. I would send him a pm first before messing with it. That is just my experience with 2xAA box mods that use those trustfire 14500's.

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
Thanks Omaha,
the bat's in there, hopefully will make the coil less stiff as the bat compresses it. Rather too stiff than too loose. I have a LR atty on there. I am still getting accustomed to it.
My initial impressions are based on how it is compared to what I love, which is my Bartleby.
Not a big fan of the detonator-style button, which is a bit stiff, but it is new, so that should change over time. Comparing it to my Carlos JB (my only other juice-fed mod), it is quite difficult to push the little bottle if you have long nails as the little "window" is rather small (my nails are long"ish", not freaky or anything). I'm thinking I will probably break a nail as it keeps catching on the edge of the window. So, in that respect, not exactly female friendly. I honestly can't say it is working properly... I keep having to open it and priming the filler from the bottom as it looks dry... despite the fact that I see it feed juice in there...
Sorry this sounds a bit negative, I will keep working with it.

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks Omaha,
the bat's in there, hopefully will make the coil less stiff as the bat compresses it. Rather too stiff than too loose. I have a LR atty on there. I am still getting accustomed to it.
My initial impressions are based on how it is compared to what I love, which is my Bartleby.
Not a big fan of the detonator-style button, which is a bit stiff, but it is new, so that should change over time. Comparing it to my Carlos JB (my only other juice-fed mod), it is quite difficult to push the little bottle if you have long nails as the little "window" is rather small (my nails are long"ish", not freaky or anything). I'm thinking I will probably break a nail as it keeps catching on the edge of the window. So, in that respect, not exactly female friendly. I honestly can't say it is working properly... I keep having to open it and priming the filler from the bottom as it looks dry... despite the fact that I see it feed juice in there...
Sorry this sounds a bit negative, I will keep working with it.

Your welcome. I had a Carlos JB so I will be able to compare it to it also. I sold my JB for various reasons. Mainly to big of a mod for me. New buttons usually take a bit to break in from my experience. I'm sure it will take a little getting used to for proper operation but I am very excited to receive mine and try it out. I am hoping to get it by the end of the week.

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
Liking it more and more as I work with it. I just wasn't pushing the bottle in long enough to get the filler saturated. I've figured out that you have to hold it in for a good 7-10 secs once the filler has begun to dry out to ensure it is properly saturated...
Beyond that, it doesn't seem like it will flood, so that's a plus. The only things I would change would be the button and the window size. I will likely widen the window to accommodate my fingernails. The skinny button is leaving a "perma-dent" in my fingertips. I would love it if it had a broader activation surface on the button.
Overall, it is a nice mod for the price. It is rather versatile; if you ever decide to just use it with cartoz, you can always hold an extra carto in the juice bottle space.
On a 1-5 scale, based on what it is, I would rate it a 4.5! It would get a 5 if the button was a bit flatter/broader.
Overall, I would recommend it! Thanks Mr. P!!

Mine finally arrived... HOW do you fit the battery in there? Should I cut the coil wire? I have a trustfire 14500 and it's not fitting...???

Okay, was a very tight fit... had to use brute strength, i.e., my husband.

It is a tight fit, and removing the battery is a bit of a pain too, but only at first. The unit will break in and the battery will fit better after swapping it out a few times. Cutting the coil does work and will eliminate the need for breaking it in, I just try to avoid it as it leaves a sharp point on the spring.
I have cut the springs on one or two units as some are tighter than others and I do test each one before it ships.

I should be getting mine any day now as he said he was done and ready to ship. If it is like the mods I make that use that 14500 battery, then yes you might have to cut the negative coil down a bit. I have to cut mine on all of the ones I have made. Mine usually have about 3 turns in it. I would send him a pm first before messing with it. That is just my experience with 2xAA box mods that use those trustfire 14500's.

Your unit shipped Wednesday morning, sorry I lost my tracking sheet so there area about 6 unit out for delivery that I have not confirmed shipping on. Yous should arrive any day :)

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
I hope to be first in line on Monday--refreshing like mad at 5:00 to get one of these. Sound most awesome, can't wait.

Anyone have a strong preference between the 510/901?

DW
Either box works great,I prefer the RN 4075(901),which in my opinion is much better than a 510.But I don't think the box knows the difference,it's a matter of choice.
PS: you'll love not messing around with carts and cart fillers any more:)

wumpus

Dec 27, 2009
Seattle
I'm also awaiting my MP1, ordered on 4/9. I try not to think about it too much, because I'm so sick of dripping, leaky cart mods and short-lived cartomizers.

I swear, every time someone in this thread says 'I got one!' my first reaction is, hey, maybe mine is on the way! Then I realize 'got' = 'ordered', which shows way more optimism with the USPS, not to mention the world in general, than I have. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread