My Intellicig EVO Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucKyPunk

Dec 30, 2008
Santa Fe NM, USA
Does anyone know if the Atom (Smaller) battery has the 5 sec limit/2 min Cut off? it's the only thing that annoys me about this cig. I tend to take longer softer draws and find myself cursing when I mess up.

Also I only got two USB chargers which I run off of a USB hub (simplifies wire clutter) and even with a dead battery the light seems to go solid in less than an hour anyone else experience this?

Hi,
I noticed a strange difference between my EVO batteries...
I had so far 2 long, with red light, on one short.
They used to work perfectly ,as the others already described.
It is amazing, how it co-operates with the user...

Yesterday I got a lon one but with blue tip.
And even after full charging is not as "dynamic" as the red.
pressure switch reacts slowly .Slow switch on and you cannot keep it on longer than few seconds. You can drag - but it anyway goes off...
Not possible to repeat a drag as quickly as in red- it must rest something aboit 2-3 secs....

Have anyone such problems or the battery itself could have any failure, what do you think?

vscope

Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

pressure switch reacts slowly .Slow switch on and you cannot keep it on longer than few seconds. You can drag - but it anyway goes off...
Not possible to repeat a drag as quickly as in red- it must rest something aboit 2-3 secs....

Have anyone such problems or the battery itself could have any failure, what do you think?

hi
i also have a red and a blue battery.
both are working perfect.

so i looks like you received a bad battery.

Update on the taste of the 4 hole atomizer.
taste ist now as good as the old one.
igetcha was right. just had to get rid of the primer ...

cu

vscope

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Also I only got two USB chargers which I run off of a USB hub (simplifies wire clutter) and even with a dead battery the light seems to go solid in less than an hour anyone else experience this?
Can't answer your question about the mighty atom, but the batteries do charge incredibly fast - I find they take about half an hour, and last most of the day. I've tried leaving them longer just in case, but no difference there!

Does anyone know if the Atom (Smaller) battery has the 5 sec limit/2 min Cut off? it's the only thing that annoys me about this cig. I tend to take longer softer draws and find myself cursing when I mess up.

As per John at Intellicig, when the led stays on, the battery is charged. Also has overcharge prevention circuitry!!!! YEAH!

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
Hi,

I have six batteries long and short, no problems with any of them, sounds like a faulty preassure switch, you should be able to get a five second draw without cut off, i would contact john at intellicig

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
Thanks for yor answers, looks like really exception from a rule-I need to contact John indeed.Anyway EVO is each day in use , and the rest of batteries work perfectly...I have all 3 the new 4 holes atomizers -they're really good.
About "energy" matters, did you compare which charger is faster-USB or mains?

mine take 30mins from the usb and 20mins from the mains :)

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
Regarding comments on Switches. The evo has a electronic switch or actually a MIC - yes a MICROPHONE. SHOUT REALLY LOUD AT THE LED END OF THE BATTERY - you see!! - IT LIGHTS UP. A few brands use this!!

Oh! That's why i have big problem in my part time job to use EVO.

I am a part-time musician. I am playing the guitar and singing in a small club in weekends. In the front of my feet are two very powerful monitor speakers. So, when music goes on, the loud speakers put the EVO on too. :p

The small "Atom" batteries are more sensitive to loud sounds than the bigger "Genie". I have tried to put EVO in my rear jean pocked and tried to stand away from the monitors but without big luck.

Now i use only my 901 when i play in the club. I could not find another solution. Have that in mind when you are close to very loud speakers.

I have send a mail to intellicig but it was in the time when they became new stock after a couple weeks out of stock and they were too busy to answer. But i think that they have that in mind.

I have EVO for about a month now and have deliberately used the small "Atom" batteries without problem. They still charge in 30 minutes, last for -4 hours and are very constant. The one of them has degrease a little its work time but not too much.
My atomizer dies in 25th day, without any maintenance. I think it's damaged a little this night in club because it was very hot until i saw that it was on, from the loud sound.

EVO stills my Nr1 e-cig for out from the home (social smoking). Home i still prefer to vape my 901 with USB pass-through.

Last edited:

alltah

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
East Sussex UK
That is the same problem i am having, i am a DJ and when i am at work all of my batterys leap into life if they are in the box or connected up to an atomizer, they spend 99% of the night in smart switched off mode, I hope the ones intelligig have sent out to people at the brit awards this week are a lot less sensitive as having been at the brit awards before the sound presure levels will make them useless. Mine don't work in a nightclub, i have to go outside with the analog guys. I hope my battery's are all faulty as the product is the best i have tried.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
this explains a lot. I had given up on the EVO as a result of battery problems... i NEVER even considered it might be the sound level where I was. that really is interesting news. I was at a pub, close to the band and all my hardware went nuts... lighting up, frying my atomizer... very odd but knowing this... Still shouldn't have fried the atomizer...

typan

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Staffordshire UK
Well my original atomiser was finally laid to rest today, after 2 months of abuse....through no fault of it's own, I dropped my evo without the cartridge on, and it landed on the bridge of the atomiser, squashing it, even after trying to resuscitate it, there wasn't any sign of life. I had to go a whole three hours until I got home. Luckily I have a couple of spares, so I'm back in business again ! :rolleyes:

frantory

Feb 21, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa
Hello people, well I hope the pilot is better than the evo. I got an evo a few days ago, I really had high hopes for this thing. But Im sad to say Im really disappointed. This thing is like sucking air. It looks nice and feels good in your hand but I get no satisfaction whatsoever. And the thing is a pain to refill no matter how carefull Iam I get juice in my mouth. I dont think I'll be buying another 401 style cig. Ive been using a 901 and its very easy to use and a good hit inthe throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread