My latest mod is a whopping 10400mah @3.7v

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
I panicked this morning when my last battery started to die on me. I pulled out the soldering gun and a few spare parts and came up with this. It actually pulls a strong cloud of juice considering it's primitive appearance and dangerous bare wires. The battery pack fits well in my shirt pocket and if I am leaning back in my chair the switch and tank don't bounce around. Strictly for computer desk\chair use.

I hope no one takes this mod as a serious design. It should only be used where fire insurance has been purchased. ;)

PE060556.jpg

PE050552.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Are these Sony cells by chance from a spent laptop pack? I hear your caution of "don't try this at home", but would underscore this with the impression of a snail without it's shell or maybe a PSA for not smoking in bed....

Since you want this for in a chair or in front of a PC, why not get/build a passthrough?

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Now here is a safer setup for you with a 10,000 mAh battery supply. Use one of these Mini eGo USB Passthrough - MyFreedomSmokes.com attached to one of these Fost 10000mAh Battery Power Charger Bank for iPhone 4 4S 5 5c 5S iPad 2 Outputs | eBay or you can plug it into a USB wall outlet or even a car lighter system with USB. Variable voltage with settings at 3.2, 3.7, 4.2 and 4.7 provided the USB port has the output for 4.7 volts which not all do. All of mine do except for 1 of my 3 laptop usb ports.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I panicked this morning when my last battery started to die on me. I pulled out the soldering gun and a few spare parts and came up with this. It actually pulls a strong cloud of juice considering it's primitive appearance and dangerous bare wires. The battery pack fits well in my shirt pocket and if I am leaning back in my chair the switch and tank don't bounce around. Strictly for computer desk\chair use.

I hope no one takes this mod as a serious design. It should only be used where fire insurance has been purchased. ;)

View attachment 333276

View attachment 333277

You Sir have won the internet, congratulations.

I for one love it,
Maurice

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
It seems to draw well considering the sony's. And yes they are laptop pulls. I think they were green before the heatshrink. My NCR 18650'S 3400Mah cells don't fit in the holder so I threw the sony's in.

Thank you for the suggestions but this was more of a pointless exercise in futility. ;) But now I know if the apocalypse occurs I can do what needs to be done.
Another observation I have is how will the feds regulate e-cigs when their are fools like me building contraptions like this?

I did purchase a couple real VV\VW mods so this contraption will be disassembled as soon as possible.I couldn't depend on this as a primary device and purchased a KSD Kmax Variable Voltage Mod and an Acrylic Variable Volt APV from Madvapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread