• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

my new eGo-T 650mah with CE4 clearomizer just arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
received it couple hrs ago.. allowed it to charge then used it.. was so excited! i went ahead to mix V4L's peacemaker with V4L's apple, in 50/50 quantities.. taste not too bad! its ok right.? :D

nth fancy, just a basic setup.

image.jpg

afew questions:-

1) how can i pimp it.?
2) can i use any USB wall sockets to charge it.? like e ipad head, for example..
3) do i need to constantly switch it off when not in use or i can leave it in "sleep" mode.?
4) i may have accidentally dripped some eliquid into e center part of e inner tubing(dont rmb what its called) is blowing it before attaching it to e battery enough.?

forgive e noobish questions, 1st time user&absolutely loving it!

manage to pull thru w/o buying analogs as well while waiting!

cheers :)

LaVsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
A Freeworld
Great Basic Kit.

1. nothing to pimp.
2. any usb charger will do. like samsung or apple.
3. no need to switch off with the 5 clicks. no point.
4. center hole is a airhole. if u accidentally drip some liquid in, a simple blow will clear the hole. BUT if u attempt to blow the airhole and flood your ego connection your ego will not work. clean the connection with cotton bud and you are good to go again.

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Congratulations!

Play around with juices now, see what kinda of flavors you like.

Tissue paper my friend, the ego vaper's best friend. For when you suck in a dollop of juice...:p Also expect the wick to burn out soon, so keep some spare heads. You can extend the head life with a simple water wash every 2 top ups. Try not to use hot water. I got one deformed vivi tank to show off.

If your stardust has a changeable coil you can also buy it with different resistance. Changes the vape characteristics, ie flavor, vapor and Throat hit. Whatever you change ie, coil head, juice... watch out for these 3 factors which we measure a vape with. Be it PBusardo, Scott B, all talk about the flavor, vapor and Throat hit.

You can upgrade easily to a vivi-nova later. Keep it simple, surf the old posts for info and ask questions when necessary.

Vape on.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
1) Why would you want to? :)
2) I wouldn't. Get a wall adapter, AKA wall wart, and use it with your eGo fast charger exclusively (you can get one for 5 bucks). Even though most of eGo batteries are very safe, accidents can (and do) happen.

USB to Wall or Car Adapter

3) No. That feature is useful when you transport your battery in your pocket or purse; it prevents accidental activation. As long as the battery is your hands or on your desk, don't worry.
4) It should. In the future, you may consider getting special needle tips that fit on juice bottles for ease of refilling.

Dripper Caps

Happy vaping and welcome to ECF!

daventura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
In a van ............down by the river
2. Not all USB chargers put out the same voltage.
What you're looking for is 5 Volts @ 500mA
If that's what the little label on the plug says, you're golden.

Just for example, my LG cellphone USB charger puts out 5.1 Volts @ .7A, which is 700mA.
Sure, I tried it and nothing exploded and my battery seemed to charge a little faster, but my Genuine Joyetech USB charger says that the input should be DC 5V 500mA, so I'm going to use what they recommend.

Of course, you can do whatever you want.
I always do.

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
thanks for all e feedbacks!! will be replying u guys when i have a bigger screen!! :)

just a question, been vaping for e past couple of hrs.. flavours' great but one thing, certain draws have a rough throat hit while most r pretty smooth.. but prob not as smooth as analogs.. am i doing smth wrong.?

Last edited:

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
hey guys here's a proper reply!

1) i am actually looking at the Magnum Tank 2, as it looks pretty neat.. but am unsure of its availability locally.
2) so most, of not all 5v charging heads shld be safe.? &whats e downside if i used a higher voltage charging head.? wldnt it charge faster.?
3) ok, got it.. currently after one day of use, i only turn it off when it's in my pocket or b4 i slp.
4) it seems like there's abit of eliquid in between e tubing as i've removed it to blow/clean at least 6-8times in e past day.? how do i get rid of it.? wash it out.?

as for the taste, u know how it feels when u take a draw(when u tarik) from analogs, there's this smooth, minty flow of air into ur lungs(yes, its unhealthy!) with this certain kick to a draw.. i cant seem to find it with my current setup.? any ideas.?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What kind of menthol are you looking for? Subtle? Strong? With or without tobacco base? Do you like mint? Spearmint? Peppermint? There are so many good menthols out there.

You may want to check the juice reviews threads.

General E-Liquid Reviews

I like Halo's menthols (Ice and Truepure), Nhaler's Newport and Drewport, and Backwoods Brew menthols.

Last edited:

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
smth comparable to Marlboro Menthol.? cux tts what i'm used to smoking..

currently vaping a peppermint flavoured juice but its kinda light for me..

i've been looking thru e reviews but unsure whether which is available locally.. tts y asking here..

also, just to check, do i follow e regular nic content on analags to find a match or do i kick it up a notch or2.?

Last edited:

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
That kick that you're describing is referred to as Throat Hit, as far as an eGo goes, it is a great beginner device, but if you're a heavy smoker I'm afraid it won't give you the kind of kick you're looking for. Time to start doing your research.

hey jett, i'm use to be a 8sticks-a-day smoker.. i'm trying to read a lil more around but dont seem to be going anywhere with it..

madhero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
received it couple hrs ago.. allowed it to charge then used it.. was so excited! i went ahead to mix V4L's peacemaker with V4L's apple, in 50/50 quantities.. taste not too bad! its ok right.? :D

nth fancy, just a basic setup.

View attachment 182283

afew questions:-

1) how can i pimp it.?
2) can i use any USB wall sockets to charge it.? like e ipad head, for example..
3) do i need to constantly switch it off when not in use or i can leave it in "sleep" mode.?
4) i may have accidentally dripped some eliquid into e center part of e inner tubing(dont rmb what its called) is blowing it before attaching it to e battery enough.?

forgive e noobish questions, 1st time user&absolutely loving it!

manage to pull thru w/o buying analogs as well while waiting!

cheers :)

nice start out kit. should be sufficient for now. aa you go along, you'd find more things to buy and you'll build on that.

1) u can g mask it, or get a tiny RBA to pair it with
2) I believe it comes with a USB charger. I used my PC, iPhone charger and even my portable charging kit on it, no issues
3) u happy u on and off. switching off is basically to prevent accidental activation of the batt so it won't burn your atty
4) always blow out or clean with tissue. protects and makes your batt last longer.

lastly, don't do a benjabin please.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
just a question, been vaping for e past couple of hrs.. flavours' great but one thing, certain draws have a rough throat hit while most r pretty smooth.. but prob not as smooth as analogs.. am i doing smth wrong.?

I have a feeling that what you're describing is a 'dry hit.' Dry hits happen when you vape too fast and don't allow new juice to flow to the heating coil, resulting in a very unpleasant hot and dry hit--basically vaping hot air instead of moist vapor. Vaping is not like smoking. You have to take slower, longer puffs and then wait a bit. You'll figure it out. It takes time to learn the proper technique. Watch some Youtube videos and you'll get it in no time.

Last edited:

Jett1980s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Mount Vapeus
hey jett, i'm use to be a 8sticks-a-day smoker.. i'm trying to read a lil more around but dont seem to be going anywhere with it..

8 a day isn't that bad, I was a 2 pack a day smoker before I quit. But I didn't start out with an eGo, I went straight into variable voltage devices, that's probably the direction you'd want to be looking into for now. When you're more advanced you can start trying out rebuildables, but one step at a time. Deal with your device first, then your atomizer later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread