Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Not sure how much it will help if the threads are off, but you could try putting it in the freezer for a while and try again when it's ice cold.. That's helped me in the past with stuck metal parts!

It is in the freezer now. Thank you for the idea. I just hope it works for me.:)

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I hope so too! Good luck. Im sure if that doesn't work someone here will have a solution for you! Just don't go prying it off just yet :) we will figure something out!
I did get some pretty stuck metal apart with the freezer method, though! Just make sure the metal is nice and frozen! I tried using pliers with rubber to protect the metal and it didn't work but the freezer did, so have faith!

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I went in and got out my UFS and now I can't get the top on my GGST off to put on the UFS. It is in the freezer too now. It has been very humid here. I do put vaseline on my threads. I don't understand what is going on now. Could it be due to the humid weather? Actually my UFS has been sitting a long time.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Hey Stormy, please don't panic I have some spare Ody v1 ceramics that I can send you. Once it's well frozen put a flat head screwdriver in the Ody ceramic housing, grab the bottom pin knurling with pliers and undo it slowly. Maybe it would be a good idea if you could spray it with some penetrating oil like WD40 too.

PM me your address and I'll send you the new spare ceramic dear

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi my dear Stormy:)

The pieces that are stuck is the ceramic housing and the mouthpiece? I know that you cross threaded them so the only solution I can suggest is to go to a local machine shop to my opinion. The other solution is to try to unscrew the pieces wearing gloves and give it to a person that has enough power on his hands to unscrew it

The last solution is to send it back to me. I really dont know how else I can help you on this

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
No I can't get the mouthpiece off. I will ask my husband for help but I hate to ask him because he is bad about breaking my things. Thank you for the very generous offer of a new ceramic but I think I have another. If not I can order one from Bruce. I just hoped for a little trick that might help because I can't afford to buy a new one. My financial situation has drastically changed. There was a time when I ordered everything Imeo made but now I have to make do with the wonderfully made items I already have.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Stormy the fact that you can't get the mouthpiece off is not very good news because that means that it's cross threaded. If you have frozen the whole thing (mouthpiece and ceramic housing) I suggest you put the mouthpiece base that is cross threaded over an open flame to heat it well. That way the metal will expand a bit and perhaps come loose. You need to have the two pieces at extreme temperature differences. The Ceramic housing frozen (to contract) and the mouthpiece really hot (to expand).

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Stormy the fact that you can't get the mouthpiece off is not very good news because that means that it's cross threaded. If you have frozen the whole thing (mouthpiece and ceramic housing) I suggest you put the mouthpiece base that is cross threaded over an open flame to heat it well. That way the metal will expand a bit and perhaps come loose. You need to have the two pieces at extreme temperature differences. The Ceramic housing frozen (to contract) and the mouthpiece really hot (to expand).

That is a good idea! I hope it works Stormy, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread