My OKR juice box

Status
Not open for further replies.

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I had one of these built previously, but it had some flaws. I wired the trimmer backwards and it bothered me so I tried to put in a new one wired the correct way. Well I fried the chip so I took my time and built another with a nicer trimmer. Here it is:

2xAA enclosure
808-D/901 connector
200g tact switch
OKR T/3 switching regulator
200ohm resistor and 200ohm trimmer
2 x protected 15270 batteries

duty9e9a.jpg

za8aza9u.jpg

With moderate vaping I get about 12 hours of vaping time or about 1-2 ml of juice before the batteries need recharged. I love these batteries because they only take about an hour and a half to charge. I may buy a second set of batteries to take with me so I can vape all day.

What do you guys think?

Sir^

Oct 9, 2012
finland
Nice work. How did you make that atomiser-bottle connection?

I was about to order reo grand but then again i didnt want to invest 150d at this moment. Now im waiting mail to receive parts for bottom feed mod. Im going to use kis 3r33 and 4 or 8ml juice bottle depending if that 8ml bottle fits in 14mm hole. I dont think im able to fit the parts as snug as u did :blush:

im totally new to bottom feed and really looking forward to make my first prototype :)

Last edited:

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
The connection between the bottle and carto is quite simple really. It's just your standard 808-D/901 connector with a large hole (a 510 will not fit in this mod, trust me. Turns out, I like the 901's flavor better than the 510 anyway) and a standard 3ml dropper bottle with the dropper tip trimmed down about 1/8"-3/16" and a 20g blunt syringe through the dropper tip that feeds the liquid from the bottle to the carto. Check it out:

a2asezuq.jpg

gahu8aza.jpg

a5a9epuq.jpg

aty2y7us.jpg

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It depends.

Atomizers are notorious for leaking with this type of setup. Using thicker juices and thicker gauge syringes helps prevent leaks but will not stop them all together. You must be vigilant when squonking the bottle if using an atomizer. A 16g needle works well for atomizers, but is a tight fit through the connector.

I prefer cartomizers on my bottom feeders and I use 20g needles with them for optimal airflow and ease of inserting the needle. I use juices a little on the thicker side, about 50-60% VG. With thicker juices the cartomizers tend to be more forgiving if you feed too much liquid into them and won't leak much if anything into the mod.

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
That's not a bad deal for pre soldered. just keep in mind that your mod will now be a "tilt and squeeze" since the needle won't run all the way down into the bottle. Not that big of a deal and I personally think it's the better way to go for atomizers. There's nothing worse than trying to clean juice out form all inside a box mod.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
That's not a bad deal for pre soldered. just keep in mind that your mod will now be a "tilt and squeeze" since the needle won't run all the way down into the bottle. Not that big of a deal and I personally think it's the better way to go for atomizers. There's nothing worse than trying to clean juice out form all inside a box mod.

Tubing from the connecter nipple into the bottle .... No tilt needed.

Phestr

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma City
You can buy the switches from MadVapes with either 100g or 300g actuation pressure. The switch I'm using has a 200g actuation pressure and I bought a bunch in bulk at onlinecomponents.com
Man, I was all over Onlinecomponents.com and MadVapes and I couldn't find that switch. Is it a tact or a push button? What amps does it hold? I need switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread