zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Best Case Scenario. :thumb:

It is.

But it Only Works if People would Abide by the Policy that the Business Owner sets down. That is why I get Kinda Bent when I see people vaping in Stores that have No e-Cigarette Signs on Every Entrance.

Because when the "Honor Policy" doesn't work anymore, then the Only Option that Business Owners have left is to Push for a Government Ban. And a Government Ban is Almost Always Way More Restrictive than Necessary.

And it will Include Business who May Choose to Allow vaping by their Customer. Or their Employees.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I dunno Jman8? Perhaps it gets down to how one Defines "Inability".

Seems like if Everyone has the Ability to Not Take a Hit whenever they wanted to, than Many of these Threads would Not Exist.

And there wouldn't be any Bans.

We'd need to get rid of ANTZ inability to control others behaviors for there to not be any bans.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We'd need to get rid of ANTZ inability to control others behaviors for there to not be any bans.

You can Blame Everything on the ANTZ if you want.

But there will come a Point where you Understand that Some Vaper's Actions did Nothing to Prevent Government Bans. In Fact, they Helped get the Ball Rolling.

Not All Vaper's, but Some.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
You can Blame Everything on the ANTZ if you want.

But there will come a Point where you Understand that Some Vaper's Actions did Nothing to Prevent Government Bans. In Fact, they Helped get the Ball Rolling.

Not All Vaper's, but Some.

I already understand that, but felt compelled to address the same old line you give in all these threads whereby you either state or imply that these bans are caused (exclusively) by certain type of vapers.

In my estimation, it is 5% vapers and 95% ANTZ.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I already understand that, but felt compelled to address the same old line you give in all these threads whereby you either state or imply that these bans are caused (exclusively) by certain type of vapers.

In my estimation, it is 5% vapers and 95% ANTZ.

There are Very Few Exclusives in the World.

And if you think it is 5% to 95%, you are Entitled to your Opinion.

Just About all of the People I know could Care Less if a Person wants to Smoke or Use Nicotine. They Really Don't.

They just Don't want it done around them Inside Buildings. And they Don't want it done around their Kids.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
a tourist asking for seating in the no-smoking section.

Hey dude, this is an establishment that allows smoking. If you want to eat somewhere that's smoke-free, this ain't the place, see ya! And they were OK with that (the owners, not the uptight Yankee tourists :D ).

A patron simply requesting to dine in a no-smoking area earns them the label of "uptight Yankee tourist"?

Interesting..........:laugh:

I guess there must be more to the story...........

I just commented in another thread started by a new ECF member with just a few posts, that almost all of these "this is how you MUST vape or else you are a bad person" threads are mainly being started by someone who has been around for all of 10 minutes telling everyone what they should and should not do.

I have been vaping for over 4 years and have vaped respectfully and with common sense in all of the off-limits areas listed in this thread. The few times I have even gotten feedback has always been positive and asking for more information. I've had several people tell me they I was the first person they saw up close vaping and they were pleased at how unobtrusive it was. In most cases no one even noticed due to being respectful in how I vape in public.

I don't know who the OP thinks he is but to come on ECF and and make his first thread the gospel on how I or anyone else should vape, smacks of the same attitude as those working hard to eliminate vaping everywhere.

I doubt the OP even vapes.

Hi there, it's OP again. I'm not trying to preach gospel or anything, and I do in fact vape and have been for about 5 years now, as well as work in the industry. Its just something that's been on my mind for quite some time. Trust me - if I had consistent internet access that post count would fly and I probably would lose my girlfriend to ECF for good....

Either way I put this here to provoke discussion and maybe, just maybe, see if we could get a quarter-decent chunk of the community together on this to make us not look like a collective bunch of asshats, just a thought, but hey.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I put this here to provoke discussion and maybe, just maybe, see if we could get a quarter-decent chunk of the community together on this to make us not look like a collective bunch of asshats, just a thought, but hey.

Your rule #5 (minus the stuff after the bolding) trumps all the other items you came up with.

The other stuff I addressed in previous post, i.e. restaurants are definitely NOT off limits. Not if you are following the golden rule of "be respectful."

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Either way I put this here to provoke discussion and maybe, just maybe, see if we could get a quarter-decent chunk of the community together on this to make us not look like a collective bunch of asshats, just a thought, but hey.

If you had taken a few minutes to do a little research before you stood on your soap-box and preached, you would have found that this topic has been beaten to death. You added nothing new, just the same old condescending "vape as I do because I know better than you" BS. But you would rather preach than do a few minutes of research. Lazy arrogance.

Many of us vets who vape most places, including your "no-vape" list, but do so respectfully and with common sense, have not found it to be a problem and in fact have found that we have converted more non-smokers to the positive aspects of vaping. I am now around vapers 3 - 4 days a week in a large metropolitan area and have found about 99% of them to vape most places but respectfully. You on the other hand, infer that there is this large contingent of disrespectful vapers annoying the general populace around the nation. That is just bogus.

I find your preaching to be condescending and unnecessary.

If you had taken a few minutes to do a little research before you stood on your soap-box and preached, you would have found that this topic has been beaten to death. You added nothing new, just the same old condescending "vape as I do because I know better than you" BS. But you would rather preach than do a few minutes of research. Lazy arrogance.

Many of us vets who vape most places, including your "no-vape" list, but do so respectfully and with common sense, have not found it to be a problem and in fact have found that we have converted more non-smokers to the positive aspects of vaping. I am now around vapers 3 - 4 days a week in a large metropolitan area and have found about 99% of them to vape most places but respectfully. You on the other hand, infer that there is this large contingent of disrespectful vapers annoying the general populace around the nation. That is just bogus.

I find your preaching to be condescending and unnecessary.

I find your whole tone condescending and unnecessary. This WHOLE THREAD is titled My PERSONAL Vaping ethos. See that word? Personal? It means what I personally do, and what I personally think is right. Did I stand on a soapbox and scream "EVERYONE MUST DO THIS CONFORM NOW OR VAPING WILL DIE FOREVER!!!"? No, I didn't. I took the time to compile what I consider to be my own personal list of rules, that I myself adhere and find to be respectful, which people will in fact disagree with, and put it up here just to share how I feel about it. From what I see, a few parties aside, this thread has provoked some decent discussion, a slight flame war (without them, forums wouldn't be fun anymore LOL), and above all made a few people THINK about how they vape. Doesn't mean they gotta consider my word gospel, but if it provokes someone who hasn't considered these things before to consider them, I'm a happy dude. Respectfully and with common sense is a damned hard thing to find, at least in my area, so that being said I would suppose this post doesn't very much apply to you, now does it?

steveaustin1971

Feb 14, 2014
Canada
I have no illusions of governments doing the right thing and really just don't believe I won't be making my own gear and juice in the next couple years and I usually vape in accordance with those views. I won't stop vaping when big brother says its illegal I'll just do what we do with weed. Get it illegally and do as I please. I'm definitely not comfortable with curbing my behavior to please the government. ..... them. Unpopular stance I realize, but I won't be living my live tap dancing for the ........s at the top.

I know this probably doesn't apply to a vast majority of the existing community here, but I had to get it off my chest, and feel free to add your personal thoughts to this.

I just want to reiterate one key key point here, and its this one. I think @wv2win missed this line entirely, and its something to be read again to those who got offended before making it to the bottom......

Point is, I'm not soapboxin. I don't care -that- much how, when, and where you vape, but these are my own personal guidelines and I thought it'd be worth it to sum it up, explain each main point and the WHY to each main point, and get my own personal view across. I respect every last one of you who disagrees with this, believe me, I do. But taken with a grain of salt, we all know (at least most of us do) that we just can't vape EVERYWHERE no matter just how much we'd all love to. Maybe one day, maybe one day we can vape walking up the road without the funny looks, but I believe a lot of those funny looks come from the dickbag that blew a vapor cloud next to them in perkins last night. But hey, once again, for reiteration purposes guys:

1: I'm not trying to and don't want to tell you what to do
2: These are my own personal views
3: I put it here so maybe the dude poised to ruin it for everyone will think twice, so those of us who respect it can keep enjoying our newfound freedoms with less worry.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I find your whole tone condescending and unnecessary. This WHOLE THREAD is titled My PERSONAL Vaping ethos. See that word? Personal? It means what I personally do, and what I personally think is right. Did I stand on a soapbox and scream "EVERYONE MUST DO THIS CONFORM NOW OR VAPING WILL DIE FOREVER!!!"? No, I didn't.

Okay, but in your OP list, it speaks often in 2nd person, rather than first person. So, if you were really meaning it to be personal, and something others can consider, then it would read as follows (as if you are saying this):
1. I do not vape in front of children other than my own or my friends
2. My juice DOES have a smell, and some people just won't enjoy it like I do
3. Restaurants are off-limits, for me.
4. I vape after curfew, or around 11 pm at night or later in public places indoors
5. I ask managers if it's alright to vape, and typically they are okay with it.
6. Be respectful!

The way you had it phrased reads (a lot) like you are telling others how to vape rather than referencing what you personally do.

As I already spoke to these because of the second person wording, let it be known, yet again, that restaurants are not off limits. I vape in them fairly often here in 2014. I also vape in front of (other) children, but it comes up so rarely, and is done with respect, that is rather a non-issue for me. And again, "be respectful" trumps all the other items on your list, in both my opinion and public vaping experience, that it is almost unnecessary to say anything else.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I just want to reiterate one key key point here, and its this one. I think @wv2win missed this line entirely, and its something to be read again to those who got offended before making it to the bottom......

Point is, I'm not soapboxin. I don't care -that- much how, when, and where you vape, but these are my own personal guidelines and I thought it'd be worth it to sum it up, explain each main point and the WHY to each main point, and get my own personal view across. I respect every last one of you who disagrees with this, believe me, I do. But taken with a grain of salt, we all know (at least most of us do) that we just can't vape EVERYWHERE no matter just how much we'd all love to. Maybe one day, maybe one day we can vape walking up the road without the funny looks, but I believe a lot of those funny looks come from the dickbag that blew a vapor cloud next to them in perkins last night. But hey, once again, for reiteration purposes guys:

1: I'm not trying to and don't want to tell you what to do
2: These are my own personal views
3: I put it here so maybe the dude poised to ruin it for everyone will think twice, so those of us who respect it can keep enjoying our newfound freedoms with less worry.

You have been on ECF for all of 5 minutes (figuratively) and your first thread is your diatribe on how to vape in public (basically, vaping = smoking, act that way) and negative views on vaping are all due to how people vape. Not to mention that you infer that most people are not respectful and do not have common sense, except you, of course. But you want us all to believe you are not "soapboxin". Fortunately, many of us were not born yesterday and aren't buying your negative view of those who vape.

Instead, many of us vape most places but do so respectfully and with common sense and have found that it works well and provides a positive perception of vaping. We believe that most people are respectful and most people are intelligent enough to understand that there are a few disrespectful people in every sub-group of society. You infer that people are so ignorant that one "......." will trump the positive view of vaping that many of us have provided the uninformed. That is just arrogant negativism.

We have also found that over the last 5 years, that the multitude of proposed vaping bans are not initiated due to the mythical disrespectful vaper. Interesting that no examples are provided that support the idea that most bans are due to disrespectful vapers.

I don't accept your negative view of vapers and your reason for ignoring all the other threads on this topic. Your purpose in starting this thread is just plain disingenuous considering how this topic has been beaten to death.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Which is the other side of this forum issue. Moderators can go ahead and lock this thread (at anytime) and a new one will pop up within days and it'll blame vapers for vaping bans. It'll say we should only vape where we can smoke. And it'll have bold or all caps to make sure those 'pertinent' points are understood. It won't speak in first person and instead will act as if speaking in second person means now this is said to you with sense of authority. Other things will happen that some of us (myself and wv2win for sure) will be very familiar with, and we will make similar points (i.e. vape everywhere with respect) and respond similarly to particular claims, like vapers cause bans.

And that last part is the one that permeates part of the culture here. Which does have a degree of accuracy to it. Vapers (who easily roll over and are shamed by backlash against smoking) are likely as responsible for bans as the BCMV. To understand those initials of what I just wrote, you'd have to have been part of this forum discussion from about a half year ago, maybe longer. Although, I wish to submit that the ROEBS (roll over easy because of shaming) type vaper is more common than the BCMV, by about a 20 to 1 margin.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
And I too wonder what those people think when they read the posts advocating for vape everywhere with respect? I'm guessing they like that take or if they don't, are proud to be liberal ANTZ.

+11. And then there are the ANTZ who visit and/or masquerade on ECF and read the "smoking = vaping" posts from the usual suspects and smile, knowing that they are doing all the work for them by encouraging the perception that vaping and smoking are the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread