Inhaling Exhaled Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if this has happened to any of you, but I was vaping in a restaurant after dinner tonight. We had gone out for a friend's birthday, and since it was buffet style I didn't start vaping until I had finished my meal. As usual, being my obnoxious self, I wasn't inhaling, but I was creating large clouds of vapor (like most cigar smokers do). Well, immediately after I exhaled a large cloud of vapor, I absentmindedly took a huge breathe and much of the exhaled vapor went back into my mouth, down my throat, and into my lungs. Is that pretty normal? I'm using a menthol flavor so perhaps the effects of inhaling exhaled vapor seemed more pronounced than typical. Personally, I thought that the vapor dissipated so quickly that as soon as it is exhaled, all that is left is water vapor.

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
Well, immediately after I exhaled a large cloud of vapor, I absentmindedly took a huge breathe and much of the exhaled vapor went back into my mouth, down my throat, and into my lungs. Is that pretty normal?
I also am not trying to be a wiseguy here but... It is normal that when you take a huge breathe, it goes into your mouth, down your throat and into your lungs. This happens regardless of weather there is a cloud of vapor there or not. I don't think I understand what your asking...???

EDIT... LMAO!:laugh::D:D:laugh:

Last edited:

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
I also am not trying to be a wiseguy here but... It is normal that when you take a huge breathe, it goes into your mouth, down your throat and into your lungs. This happens regardless of weather there is a cloud of vapor there or not. I don't think I understand what your asking...???

EDIT... LMAO!:laugh::D:D:laugh:

:laugh: Ah hahahahahaha if i never started vaping idk if id laugh like i am now. I love this forum!!!! ECF ROCKS!!!!
LMFAO

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
So, basically, you don't inhale? What is the whole point then, just being obnoxious? Please, for the love of all that is good and right, do not do that in public. It is embarrassing to the rest of us who are trying to put a positive image out there. Just smoke the thing, and yes, that includes inhaling.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
So, basically, you don't inhale? What is the whole point then, just being obnoxious? Please, for the love of all that is good and right, do not do that in public. It is embarrassing to the rest of us who are trying to put a positive image out there. Just smoke the thing, and yes, that includes inhaling.

Inhaling is not necessary since most of the nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth and nasal cavities.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Inhaling is not necessary since most of the nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth and nasal cavities.

Maybe this is why french inhaling gives me what I call a nose hit.

Edit: Why am I bumping this? Ugh, back to lurking.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California

I would like to see that study. But never mind, go ahead and give the op a thumbs up on her self admitted obnoxious behavior and encourage others to puff the thing like a cigar in public. I am not a snus user, nor did I smoke cigars, so will continue to get my nicotine from my lungs right where I am used to getting it from.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I do the French inhale thing all the time, but I wouldn't be obnoxious and do it in a restaurant. I agree you don't have to take the vapor all the way into your lungs.

As for the second hand vapor, My all day vape has cinnamon in it and people do smell that. I would imagine that if I did a mouth hit and quickly sucked it back in, like a Large Mouth bass playing with a Minnow, I might be able to taste it. Of course we would need a scientific chart that would include air speed, humidity and barometric readings to see just how much.

I suppose we could do a study to see just how much of your own vapor you can inhale after blowing it out your mouth and back into your face given the perfect conditions. Then of course you would have to exhale into some device to see how much came back out.

This is getting far too complex for me, I need some coffee and then I'll vape into a fan and see how much I can inhale. Be right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread