Status
Not open for further replies.

Shields42

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
Hey guys, been snooping around the interweb and found a video on how to build this new style of nano coil, and it's pretty slick. Been using it on an authentic nimbus and caravela with Sanyo 18650's and it cranks out the vapor. 14/13 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal around a 20 gauge syringe, which you can get pretty much anywhere for pennies, and this build takes some tricks but it's all about the wicking, if anybody has any tricks on nano coils, or has a better setup to cloud chase on (ya shame on me) post it here, and I'll post pics of my build if anybody wants them

Shields42

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
Hmm, I burnt up the coil and changed it before I read for pics, will try to do another perfect build 0.0 anyways, if your coil melted go to 28 instead of 30 gauge, and if that doesn't work, not sure what to tell you, maybe get a voltage kick and turn it down. My coil vapes great before I tried to toot on it forever and I burnt up the cotton, then as you can fiqure from there got pretty bummed about my coil bring unsalvagable

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
age7atuz.jpg

Redid it with duals, this time I slightly pulled the coils apart, I think they were too close on the last one with too much heat. I need to buy a spool of 28ga anyways but my favorite local B&M is open Tues - Sat so I couldn't get any today.

This is 10 wraps around a triple twisted 30ga, sitting at .5 ohms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
How's she vape?

It's awesome. The banana flavor I got from a local shop tastes great, but my DIY Cherry-Vanilla Root beer is AMAZING. It really brings out the root beer flavor and makes the cherry and vanilla seem subtle which is a good thing because I put too much cherry in this batch lol.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
It's awesome. The banana flavor I got from a local shop tastes great, but my DIY Cherry-Vanilla Root beer is AMAZING. It really brings out the root beer flavor and makes the cherry and vanilla seem subtle which is a good thing because I put too much cherry in this batch lol.

Good:)
Doing the lung inhale?
What size air feed holes and how warm is your vapor?

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
Good:)
Doing the lung inhale?
What size air feed holes and how warm is your vapor?

The first few hits after a fresh drip are pretty warm and a big TH, and I always do the lung inhale. After a few hits it mellows out to a lukewarm vapor and smooth feeling. As far as airholes idk the size but they are the biggest airholes for a dual coil on my trident clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread