NarDA clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
The NarDA rda has shown up on FT for preorder. I am in for one. Hopefully it arrives at FT on time and lives up to the hype of the original.

$15.00 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 20mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

4379400-3.jpg

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Very cool I always wanted to try one of these as well as a snap dragon

That makes two of us. My snapdragon and stumpy are already on their way from China, and I placed my order for the NarDA this weekend.

Its 22mm not 20 right?

I think that the 20mm was a typo that they fixed over the weekend. It is now showing at 22mm.

In the cart it goes, though who knows when it will arrive. FT preorder sounds like valve announcing half life 3.

Now thats funny!!! I do agree though. I am hoping that if it does come to fruition, even if it takes longer than expected, my early order puts me towards the front of the queue.

Last edited:

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
Got mine for more than a week, SPOILER ALERT!!!! , i dont like it :(
i've tried to like it, it's just doesn't work for me.

20160325_233152.jpg

the screws on the clone use some brass with some chrome/silver/stainless coating on it, and not a good coating nor a good brass..
because it peel off when i brushed it using soft dental brush and soap..
when the brass exposed, every time your wick and liquid get in touch with it, it will stain your wick, like red-ish colour thing (i guess it's from the brass)
it's not like i let them soaked for hours, just in minutes and it will get those red-ish stain
i've never had this issue with any other rda that use solid stainless steel.

**note: mine is SXK clone

the flavour, meeeehhhhhh......... it depend what r you compared it to
it's definitely not a match for velocity (dual coil) or subzero (w/ single coil option)

but compared to derringer (w/ single coil) ,narda seems to have a touch of a better flavour in it (or maybe a denser taste), but very lack in vapor departement...

20160325_233755.jpg

when you build your coil diagonally, you will ended up with the airflow hitting your wick first..(i used 3mm 24G in this diagonal build)
when you build it center horizontally right in the middle, it would be positioned too high till it almost touch your driptip's .... (i used 3mm 26G in this one)

when you use center build, make sure it's dead right in the center, otherwise the airflow would be imbalance, it's like you gonna get some cold air and in the other side you got some warm vape, doesnt feel nor taste good that way..

the top cap very often binding too tight to the deck, and after that, to put it back on is not the smoothest experience

me personally, dont like it, wont bother lining up for the authentic..

if you're looking for small rda w/ single coil option, i would recommend nectar micro rda..
it's a head to head to narda, with nectar leading a hair better in flavour departement and a much much much easier no hassle to build.
but be carefull when you use the nectar, bcause its fill port dont have any seal whatsoever, it's just a plain straight hole filling port.
just make sure dont tilt it sideways when you just filled it, or it would leak on you (not much tho, just a little leak) and it will cause some gurgling..

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Got mine for more than a week, SPOILER ALERT!!!! , i dont like it :(
i've tried to like it, it's just doesn't work for me.

20160325_233152.jpg

the screws on the clone use some brass with some chrome/silver/stainless coating on it, and not a good coating nor a good brass..
when the brass exposed, every time your wick and liquid get in touch with it, it will stain your wick, like red-ish colour thing (i guess it's from the brass)
it's not like i let them soaked for hours, just in minutes and it will get those red-ish stain

the flavour, meeeehhhhhh......... it depend what r you compared it to
it's definitely not a match for velocity (dual coil) or subzero (w/ single coil option)

but compared to derringer (w/ single coil) ,narda seems to have a touch of a better flavour in it (or maybe a denser taste), but very lack in vapor departement...

20160325_233755.jpg

when you build your coil diagonally, you will ended up with the airflow hitting your wick first..(i used 3mm 24G in this diagonal build)
when you build it center horizontally right in the middle, it would be positioned too high till it almost touch your driptip's .... (i used 3mm 26G in this one)

when you use center build, make sure it's dead right in the center, otherwise the airflow would be imbalance, it's like you gonna get some cold air and in the other side you got some warm vape, doesnt feel nor taste good that way..

the top cap very often binding too tight to the deck, and after that, to put it back on is not the smoothest experience

me personally, dont like it, wont bother lining up for the authentic..

if you're looking for small rda w/ single coil option, i would recommend nectar micro rda..
it's a head to head to narda, with nectar leading a hair better in flavour departement and a much much much easier no hassle to build.
but be carefull when you use the nectar, bcause its fill port dont have any seal whatsoever, it's just a plain straight hole filling port.
just make sure dont tilt it sideways when you just filled it, or it would leak on you (not much tho, just a little leak) and it will cause some gurgling..

Thanks for the thorough review!

It appears to me that you prefer big air, and big clouds. Is that correct? I wonder if my experience will be different since I prefer RDAs with less air like the derringer, stumpy and snapdragon all with single coils. Fingers crossed that it fits my preferences better!

I wonder if Fastech would replace the screws with something better, or if there are SS screws that could be found at the hardware store?

Reactions: phanner

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That Isn't Good. Why do Manufactures do things like that? What can be the Possible Cost Savings? 8 Cents?

BTW - Do you know the Thread Size of those Screws?

Reactions: phanner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread