NarDA clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
Thanks for the thorough review!

It appears to me that you prefer big air, and big clouds. Is that correct? I wonder if my experience will be different since I prefer RDAs with less air like the derringer, stumpy and snapdragon all with single coils. Fingers crossed that it fits my preferences better!

I wonder if fastech would replace the screws with something better, or if there are SS screws that could be found at the hardware store?

not really, my velocity and subzero's airflows always almost all the way closed, it's less than 25% opened.
cloud doesn't really matter for me, flavour and the satisfying TH is more of my concerned.

even with the narda, i only open it halfway or less.

idk the stumpy bcause i dont have one,
but the derringer is quite good in dual coil, but it's get hot real quick,
the snapdragon v1 is really good, but the reverse thread on the deck kills it, mine was fine till someday i opened it up for cleaning purpose, and when i screwed it back, the airflows goes sideways, it doesnt allign correctly anymore no matter how. (i've had it opened up for numerous times before to cleaned it up and its fine, till that very day)

i still enjoying MTL vape in my tank
i only have 2 tanks, it's goliath v2 and hurricane
with the goliath ,i always closed the airflow almost completely all the way, of course that's before the hurricane comes out.

That Isn't Good. Why do Manufactures do things like that? What can be the Possible Cost Savings? 8 Cents?

BTW - Do you know the Thread Size of those Screws?

don't really know how to sizing those screw, but i've tried several screw from the hardware store here, some of them are fit nicely until you screw it don, and it won't go all the way down.
that's the shortest size the have.

well it's a clone, can't really argue about that.
but performance wise, i wont bother lining up those queue to get the authentic..
it's not that bad bad, it's just not worthed the wait, IMO;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

don't really know how to sizing those screw, but i've tried several screw from the hardware store here, some of them are fit nicely until you screw it don, and it won't go all the way down.
that's the shortest size the have.

No Worries.

I just thought that I would pick up some Stainless Steel Screws while I'm waiting for Mine to Arrive.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
That Isn't Good. Why do Manufactures do things like that? What can be the Possible Cost Savings? 8 Cents?

BTW - Do you know the Thread Size of those Screws?
That's a shame about the screws. If mine are junk, I'll take the whole thing to my local hardware store and test fit everything and post the size I find works. If someone doesn't beat me to it.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a shame about the screws. If mine are junk, I'll take the whole thing to my local hardware store and test fit everything and post the size I find works. If someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks Uncletattoowhat.

Somewhere... I have a Zip-Lock Bag with a Bunch of Smaller Zip-Lock Back with a Bunch of Small Metric Screws in it.

But it has been MIA for Awhile.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
not really, my velocity and subzero's airflows always almost all the way closed, it's less than 25% opened.
cloud doesn't really matter for me, flavour and the satisfying TH is more of my concerned.

even with the narda, i only open it halfway or less.

Thanks for the reply! You haven't completely dashed my hopes about my incoming vapemail, but I am not as excited as I was! :(;)

For the stumpy, it is quite similar to the derringer to me in terms of flavor, but it seems to get hotter faster than the derringer. It is much easier to drip though and doesn't get as messy.

the snapdragon v1 is really good, but the reverse thread on the deck kills it, mine was fine till someday i opened it up for cleaning purpose, and when i screwed it back, the airflows goes sideways, it doesnt allign correctly anymore no matter how. (i've had it opened up for numerous times before to cleaned it up and its fine, till that very day)

I am trying to figure out how the airflow could not line up. I am looking at this thing and cannot figure out what you mean. Do you mean that the airflow ring does not line up with the holes? Could you see that in a photo?

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
Thanks for the reply! You haven't completely dashed my hopes about my incoming vapemail, but I am not as excited as I was! :(;)

For the stumpy, it is quite similar to the derringer to me in terms of flavor, but it seems to get hotter faster than the derringer. It is much easier to drip though and doesn't get as messy.

I am trying to figure out how the airflow could not line up. I am looking at this thing and cannot figure out what you mean. Do you mean that the airflow ring does not line up with the holes? Could you see that in a photo?

hey, you might still loves it..
my thought above was just one man opnion..
my friends love his narda, he is a squonker vaper
it was magma and origen driper rda that he turned into bottom fed rda, and he had been using those for like forever...
i guess he have a more similar vaping style to you..

and now he use narda also as bottom feeder rda, and he really gushing about it...
his first narda also peeling off on the screw because of ultrasonic cleaner
but the 2nd and 3rd were just fine since he only wash them using soap water and soft sponge, then soak them in grain alcohol ,and then soaked them twice in hot boiled water.
and he's good to go, no peeling off, you just need to use gentle material to wash it..

he always use 26G kanthal A1 on 3mm, it's spaced coil if i remmebered correctly, forget how many wraps.
and he always build it center coil, i dont know how, but he manage to lower those coil to sit just about right between those screw.
when i tried that, always ended up messing my coil.

ohh i forgot, dont pack to many cotton, less is better in this case.

regarding the snappy v1, my airhole that covered by the airflow ring, it's supposed to alligned with the airflow hole on the deck right?
mine was not alligned, it's like i cranked it too much until it goes pass the spot, which i didnt, i just screw it back and made sure it's tight enough.
i dont know, maybe i stripped a thread, you know how it goes with thread, just strip a few milimeters, and it would ruined the position.

the new snappy no longer use the reverse thread style, that would be my next buy after the sx Q class. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jjatl

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I think from the reviews we have seen from the authentic, it was very clear that this RDA clearly didn't fit in the arsenal of those that were Velocity, Kennedy or any other big air RDA's. It also makes a huge difference as to what you are using the atty on. ie... mechanical vs. regulated. The build will need to be a higher Ω build as opposed to the big air atty's you use also due to the size and air limitations as well.... Things to think about....

@andreariana What device are you using?

@zoiDman In China if they sold 10,000 units at a savings of $.08/ea that would be $800 and that could feed and cloth 4 families for a year.... 100,000 would be $8000 and could take care of an entire region!!!

Reactions: jjatl

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
@zoiDman In China if they sold 10,000 units at a savings of $.08/ea that would be $800 and that could feed and cloth 4 families for a year.... 100,000 would be $8000 and could take care of an entire region!!!

Not Disputing your Math.

But where the Fallacy lies is that the $800 or the $8,000 would actually go to where you Mentioned.

I don't think there are Too Many consumers who would consider 8 Cents on the final price of something like this to be a Deal Breaker. Especially when one considered the Potential for Metal Oxides leaching into their e-Liquids. And then Subsequently putting those Oxides into their Lungs.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
@andreariana What device are you using?
i've only used the narda on vtc mini and sx mini, those the only single 18650 mod i have, bcause i dont think it needs too much power for a single coil rda.
haven't try it on mech mod, but my mech mod barely even used anymore, they're just sitting collecting dust.
no offense to the mech user, but i prefer the regulated mod nowadays..

If the original would be in stock a normal price and not spoiled at insane price the clone wouldn't be the only choice for trying this....
actually the price is not insanely high, it's about $70-$80, the problem lies in the availability..
it's one man job, manually cnc machined 1 by 1, that's why it's so difficult to grab the authentic one.

Last edited:

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Some quick shots of my clone last night before I tried a couple different builds and gave up for the night. I normally run fused Claptons and couldn't figure out how to get one mounted so I tried 2 different 24ga ni80 builds that wound up not warm enough at a decent wattage but burning wick just above that wattage. I'll have to look into it more and come back to it. Reminds me of building on the lowpro rda that I got rid of.

2189E84F-A081-4A02-B0BB-31C92A1A7FDB.jpg

922DF74A-5C5B-4399-B051-501DF63619C0.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I don't think there are Too Many consumers who would consider 8 Cents on the final price of something like this to be a Deal Breaker.
I said absolutely nothing about consumers. I was talking about the mfg, them being Chinese, and keeping their money in their hands and not the rest of the world!!! 8 cents might not be much us, but it is quite large in their economy....

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I said absolutely nothing about consumers. I was talking about the mfg, them being Chinese, and keeping their money in their hands and not the rest of the world!!! 8 cents might not be much us, but it is quite large in their economy....

8 Cents Really Isn't. But if you want to say it Is, that's Cool.

I will say though I am Kinda Surprised that Any Justification is being made (Either Real or Imaginary) for use of a Material that could Leach compounds into an e-Liquid.

Reactions: StirredStill

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
8 Cents Really Isn't. But if you want to say it Is, that's Cool.

I will say though I am Kinda Surprised that Any Justification is being made (Either Real or Imaginary) for use of a Material that could Leach compounds into an e-Liquid.
Maybe you shouldn't be ordering anything clone then, if that is what your worried about!!! Every clone atty I have seen in the past 5yrs has had some deficiency in one manner or another, be it brass, chrome, copper, or whatever...

Reactions: HeiSINberg

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
hey, you might still loves it..
my thought above was just one man opnion..
my friends love his narda, he is a squonker vaper
it was magma and origen driper rda that he turned into bottom fed rda, and he had been using those for like forever...
i guess he have a more similar vaping style to you..

and now he use narda also as bottom feeder rda, and he really gushing about it...
his first narda also peeling off on the screw because of ultrasonic cleaner
but the 2nd and 3rd were just fine since he only wash them using soap water and soft sponge, then soak them in grain alcohol ,and then soaked them twice in hot boiled water.
and he's good to go, no peeling off, you just need to use gentle material to wash it..

he always use 26G kanthal A1 on 3mm, it's spaced coil if i remmebered correctly, forget how many wraps.
and he always build it center coil, i dont know how, but he manage to lower those coil to sit just about right between those screw.
when i tried that, always ended up messing my coil.

ohh i forgot, dont pack to many cotton, less is better in this case.

regarding the snappy v1, my airhole that covered by the airflow ring, it's supposed to alligned with the airflow hole on the deck right?
mine was not alligned, it's like i cranked it too much until it goes pass the spot, which i didnt, i just screw it back and made sure it's tight enough.
i dont know, maybe i stripped a thread, you know how it goes with thread, just strip a few milimeters, and it would ruined the position.

the new snappy no longer use the reverse thread style, that would be my next buy after the sx Q class. :)
Don't know how the Snapdragon comes apart, but if the airflow ring comes off the barrel like the Magma, any chance you're putting it on upside down?

I do it all the time haha

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Maybe you shouldn't be ordering anything clone then, if that is what your worried about!!! Every clone atty I have seen in the past 5yrs has had some deficiency in one manner or another, be it brass, chrome, copper, or whatever...

Guess I have just been Spoiled by a buying Good Clones made by Manufactures who are Not Willing to Cheap-Out and use Plated Screws.

Where the 8 Cent cost for Stainless Steel Screws have been passed on to the Consumer.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Who really cares? It's a $15 version of an expensive hard to get atomizer. You know you're not paying for quality for that price. I know I'm not. My main point of buying cheap clones is to see wether there is potential enough to buy an authentic. And so far, it's saved me hundreds from staying out of hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread