• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nashville vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
We purchase all the starter kits, they're all standardized to make it easier on us for support. We provide an eGo passthrough, case, lanyard, charger, 2 iClear16s. We prefer to give the soldier juice from a local shop, but if that's not possible we source donations from local shops. But helping that soldier get into the social aspect of vaping and having a sense of community and support is key. We really wanted to do something to give back in our local community, and this is what I had come up with and so far it's been a huge hit. The problem is always going to be raising enough money to buy all the kits for all the needy vets and making sure we hook them up local to them.

But if the soldier is interested in meeting someone local, we would love to have local vape meet info, contact info for local friendly vapers, etc. To show them the ropes and make sure things are going well.

I do not know of any ECF people who do local vapemeets, but I do hear there is an active Middle Tennessee group on Facebook. I do not use Facebook (I am an old lady and just not into it), but try there to see if there is anything in the Fort Campbell area. I am interested in getting some juice to the soldier. Have you contacted the Pay It Forward forum? They are a very active and caring group of people who may be able to help you in your efforts to help some soldiers. Some of them have contacts to vendors and suppliers. ECF has a very generous community of people who do a lot for the community.

Pay It Forward - PIF

Check out the Pay It Forward forum. I posted the link for you above. I believe you will find a lot of help and information there on how you can help the most soldiers. Like everywhere on ECF there is plenty of reading and info, you just have to find your way to the right spots.

Let me know if I can help.

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi, all!

Newbie here...and another Hermitage-ite! I started three days ago with a little G6, got the Husband interested and we both went to Nashville Vapors today and each got an eGo passthrough and several tanks. I never dreamed I'd get him into it, but he seems to like it almost as much as I do. After we both spent 30 years on analogs (the last two on roll-your-owns for cost and flavor), I cannot believe how much better this is!!!!

We both got a load of Professor Marvel's Master Blend, which I love mixed with a little Tiger Blood...but Hubs wants to mix his with some good, rich chocolate...suggestions? (Doesn't have to be from NV, although they were FANTASTIC in helping us, and I do so love to promote local businesses...)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi, I am pretty new also. I am down south of Franklin. For a good rich chocolate I would get the Halo's Belgium Chocolate. It is more like a darker chocolate and cocoa than a milk chocolate. Chocolate and coffee are two of the harder flavors to find good ones. It is good alone and great to mix with coffees and creams. I have it and like it. The Plume Room has great high quality juices and every
week they run a special of the week for $10.50 for a 30ml bottle which is a good price for a quality juice. Their flavors are true and rich.

Welcome to ECF and vaping.

Hi, all!

Newbie here...and another Hermitage-ite! I started three days ago with a little G6, got the Husband interested and we both went to Nashville Vapors today and each got an eGo passthrough and several tanks. I never dreamed I'd get him into it, but he seems to like it almost as much as I do. After we both spent 30 years on analogs (the last two on roll-your-owns for cost and flavor), I cannot believe how much better this is!!!!

We both got a load of Professor Marvel's Master Blend, which I love mixed with a little Tiger Blood...but Hubs wants to mix his with some good, rich chocolate...suggestions? (Doesn't have to be from NV, although they were FANTASTIC in helping us, and I do so love to promote local businesses...)

christeymg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Nashville, TN
Newbie vaper in East Nashville here. I've checked out most of the local shops. Nashville Vapors was pretty good, they only carry their own juice brand though. Magical Vapors on 8th Ave in Nashville has a small selection (no website for them) and the visit there is always entertaining. My favorite so far is Vulcan Vape on West End Ave. Great selection of juice from a bunch of different makers. Friendly staff and the prices are pretty good for a B&M.

I'm also interested in a Middle TN meet. It would be great to meet others and talk about different equipment. Maybe sample some juices that others love.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi! It's good to see another Nashville area vaper. I was starting to think there weren't any. I have not been up to Nashville to check out those B&M shops but will have to make the trip. There is Saffire Vapor in Cool Springs and Murfreesboro. The Cool Springs shop has a decent selection of the ego products, and they carry a rebranded line of juice. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable.

A Nashville area meet at a restaurant would be fun. There is a group on Facebook that had a meet in May. I do not do FB so I have not check them out, but the public post I found said there were about 60 people who went to that Nashville restaurant back in May. Might be worth checking it out.

I am using a 1300mah Spinner and Evods. I also discovered dripping and I love it. I am just using a 510 atty, nothing fancy. It takes practice, but I find it the best way to taste new juices and it keeps your hands busy. Also slows you down so you don't go through as much juice.

Now that we know there are a few of us here in the Nashville area, let's try to keep this thread going and see who else may show up. Most cities the size of Nashville seem to have pretty active vape communities. With all the colleges here I would have thought we would have an active group also.

christeymg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Nashville, TN
Gee, I can hear the crickets. Looks like the people around Nashville are not active on this thread. I have run into a couple and from their posts they seem to be quite young. I have smoked for 45 years so I am of another generation. It would be nice to at least talk to other vapers in our area and maybe meet out for lunch someday.

Hi ShariR. I in Nashville. 47 year old lady smoke (now I think ex-smoker). Been smoking since Jr High and now have put the pack down and am only vaping. It's been 3 weeks since the last cigarette.

I just wanted to say hi and let you know there's another older generation gal around in Nashville. :)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'm going to try to make the meet this Sunday. it should be fun.

I do not have a Facebook account and do not want one. Would you please post the meet info in this thread so I can see it? I would like to try and go. It would be nice to meet some other vapers.

So nice to meet you here. I am 57. It looks like we both stopped smoking within a couple of days of each other. I started smoking when I was eleven so this vaping and not smoking is amazing to me.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
shari, obviously I'm not christy but here is the info

Wilhagan's
314 Wilhagan Rd, Nashville, Tn

Sunday, August 4, 2013
3:00pm until 7:00pm in CDT

looks like it's south nashville, I'm sure google maps will show you :)
I'm excited for you, meets are f.u.n. and informative, don't be shy !

Now I have to see if hubby will go with me. I would prefer not to go alone but I think I might if I can't talk him into it. If they have a pool table bet I can get him to go! Food, beer, pool. Sounds like a win. I will let you know the scoop after.

Thank you!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Now I have to see if hubby will go with me. I would prefer not to go alone but I think I might if I can't talk him into it. If they have a pool table bet I can get him to go! Food, beer, pool. Sounds like a win. I will let you know the scoop after.

Thank you!

and there are always lots of men at our meets!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Great to see some other vapers from around Nashville! I'd love to go to the meet, but tomorrow is going to be a crazy day with trying to get the kids ready for back-to-school & getting house-stuff done on one of my only days off. Hope it goes well & with any luck, I'll make the next one!

Aw, I would love to meet you. I am going to go. I will post back with the scoop after the meet. Hope people bring juices to trade. I am going to, just in case. Never been to one, hope it is fun.

Have fun getting the little ones ready for school. I remember those days many, many moons ago.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I went to the meet today in Nashville. It is the first Sunday of every month. Had a pretty decent crowd; around 60 people I would guess. There were 3 vendors there and they had some items for sale, mostly clearos, ego kits, lanyards and juices. Nice group of people. There was a drawing and a raffle. I spent a good portion of my time in the room with the pool tables where 3 guys were rebuilding coils and rewicking. There was a class for newbies and smokers, with a Q&A time and the vendor held a drawing and gave away two 650 ego kits. Very generous. Oh, and there was a cake and of course the bar and food you could order. My first time there so I did not meet all the people, pretty much scoped it out and watched the guys build a coil and rewick an atty.

tiforever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
A-town, TN
I went to the meet today in Nashville. It is the first Sunday of every month. Had a pretty decent crowd; around 60 people I would guess. There were 3 vendors there and they had some items for sale, mostly clearos, ego kits, lanyards and juices. Nice group of people. There was a drawing and a raffle. I spent a good portion of my time in the room with the pool tables where 3 guys were rebuilding coils and rewicking. There was a class for newbies and smokers, with a Q&A time and the vendor held a drawing and gave away two 650 ego kits. Very generous. Oh, and there was a cake and of course the bar and food you could order. My first time there so I did not meet all the people, pretty much scoped it out and watched the guys build a coil and rewick an atty.

3 vendors? What's going on with those Nashvegas peeps? When I went there were like...7 vendors! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you continue to attend. Just an FYI since you do not have Facebook, the Knoxville site keeps a list of Tennessee dates/meets on their website. Here is the link directly to their meet page:

Smoky Mountain Vapers Knoxville

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
3 vendors? What's going on with those Nashvegas peeps? When I went there were like...7 vendors! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you continue to attend. Just an FYI since you do not have Facebook, the Knoxville site keeps a list of Tennessee dates/meets on their website. Here is the link directly to their meet page:

Smoky Mountain Vapers Knoxville

I had a good time. I did not spend a lot of time talking with the people there. I will try to get to meet more people next month. Once I got into the room where they were rebuilding the coils I was fasinated and pretty stayed there to watch and listen. I sat in on the beginner's vape class and realized, to my great surprise, that I was already beyond that with only 3 weeks into vaping. I guess I am getting a good education here on ECF. I was surprised that most did not seem to know about ECF. I guess in today's world it is all about Facebook and Tweeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread