• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nashville vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Would you mind telling me where in Murfreesboro and what group is holding the meet. Or maybe posting a link to it. I would love to go to something like that. My only real contact with vapers is here on ECF and I would so like to see a lot of the products and vendors in person. Everything looks so LARGE and intimidating on the net. The first time I walked into a vape store I almost burst out saying, "They are so small." I was expecting everything to be huge. lol It is so difficult to try and figure out what would work for me when all I have are pictures and not so descriptive descriptions. And some of the threads on here can get confusing, with all the rebuilding and sub ohming and modding stuff all over.

I have read that those iclears like to suck up the juice. That is one of the reasons I love dripping. I can savor the experience and interact with it.

Sure, I think I read you don't do Facebook but that's where all the info is.. I did a screenshot of the page & below is the info.
653b8caf0067ad63ad1bb54a80da3cb3_zps62396eeb.jpg

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sure, I think I read you don't do Facebook but that's where all the info is.. I did a screenshot of the page & below is the info.

You read that right. I do not do Facebook. By choice. I really appreciate the info you posted here for me and anyone else who wanders in. Thank you.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
They were pretty decent with me, but then I am an old lady. I was not impressed that they would not put a battery in their Zombie edition Mini Provari so that I could see how it operated and the screen functions. I had the money to purchase it. What did they think, I would walk off with it? Other than that, they were ok. I spent more time talking to the dark haired lady that does some kind of vape show and won a bunch of the raffle prizes a little later on. I will go out to their B&M to check out their new juice bar and sample the juices they carry. And get a proper sales pitch for a Provari, with a demonstration, or I will just order from Provape.

The vapemeet was great, I thought. So much better than the one I attended in Nashville back in the beginning of August. More people, more vendors, and more choices of products geared toward a more experienced vaper. Very happy I went and look forward to the next one in Murfreesboro. Was this vapemeet hosted by a different group? I think it must have been. I will have to check that out.

Please tell me what happened that upset you so. Were they busy or arrogant?

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
They weren't busy at all. They slammed the coils I wanted down on the counter, gave very short answers to my provari questions, and when I went back in to get the stamp for the juice I got, the dude was on the front couch, and said "I already asked if you wanted a stamp" which, he never did. The ladies at the juice bar are always super nice. My plan of action is to only buy juice from them now.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Also, I didn't know they had vape meets...

I think Nashville Vapor has organized a get together in the past. I have not personally gone to the store and have only been vaping for a little over 3 months. Also, I live almost 50 miles away and purchase online mainly. I do plan to go check them out. Their hardware is overpriced in my opinion compared to what I can find online, and that is not considering Fasttech. With the coops on ECF you can not get a better price anywhere, as long as you know exactly what you want, and want what is being offered, for the risk involved.

I think they are trying to put themselves out as some sort of elite shop. They did have one of their signature tobacco juices favorably reviewed in the recent past. It is a shame that this area does not seem to support the growth of vaping like I am hearing about in the other major metropolitan areas. Although, the juice bar setup is new and a welcome addition. Last weekend was the first time they went to the Nashville meet. I only went back in the beginning of August and the FB group that holds that meet is a totally different vibe than most of the people I met today. The other group seems to be more geared toward ego setups and beginning vapers, which may be why the vendors do not attend.

I am going to hold my opinion of Nashville Vapor until I go up there and see how they treat an old lady that has cash to buy one of their precious Provaris. If I do not get the Rolls Royce treatment, then they are history in my book. Snobbish, maybe. But my money is as good as the next person's.

How did the rest of today's meet strike you? And are you from Nashville or have you relocated here fairly recently? I am here from the CT shore, NYC area. Here 10 years though. Acclimating can be a challenge if you are used to a large city or either coast.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I remember speaking with you in the New Members forum closer to when you first joined ECF. I know you are into music and can not remember if you are a muscian, or in the industry, if I remember correctly. I do think I remember you are not into country music. What are the Vape shops up near you that you enjoy going to. I have not been to any of the ones in Nashville. I am down in Spring Hill and don't venture up that way too often. I would make a day of it to visit them. I believe the gentleman that owned Puresmoker has opened a B&M on 4th Avenue S back in August. Have you been there yet?

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Does anyone else wish that Nashville Vapor's staff was friendly? Such a cool store, but man! what a-holes!

I've only been to a couple of B&Ms... one in texas, I thought they were sooo rude, but they were really nice to the pretty lady who had never vaped before...
the other was in my area and they were ok, but not that impressive. I much prefer to buy online, I have found the customer service much better.
when I first started I ran around looking for a b&m because of course, I wanted to hold before i bought, but there were none. :)

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
So I see many folks all say the same comment about the rudeness of Nash Vapor, it's been said before.. First off a couple things, Dave himself, the owner is a really nice guy. He was the first to open up a nice B&M in the area. He's the only 1 I know of that carries some of the really higher -end mods. His buisness has grown & grown fast which I'm sure can be overwhelming.
The shop is always slammed.. This however is no excuse for the rudeness.. The customer in the end is the livelihood of his buisness.. I do feel almost as they shop folks tend to cater to the more high-end vapor & not as much as the newbies.. I think his pricing is a little high also but he does have a really nice shop to pay for.

Now as far as the meet on Sunday... I was there for quite some time & I notice things.. First off they were the highest priced vendors in the entire building on everything, & they I'm assuming weren't allowed to haggle on prices<<< this is just an assumption on my part.. In a venue like the Vape fest IMO is to generate new buisness & to get them excited about your buisness & products. Juice should be as cheap as possible.. Mods should be priced for easy cash & carry decisions.. Most vendors there had 30ml bottles for 10.00. His was 5.00 for 10ml. I watched so many folks check out that table & walk off when they were told prices, however they were buying from the table right next to theirs & all the others & those folks unless they shopped with them before probably won't return.. Lure them in from the meet with cheap prices & atleast get thm to come to the shop..

The 2 guys working the table were friendly enough but I think thy got really stressed towards the end of the day.

These are just my thoughts so don't read to much into them.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thank you so much for your input here concerning yesterday's Murfreesboro vape meet and Nashville Vapor. I arrived fashionably late to the meet and enjoyed myself greatly. I am holding off on making an opinion regarding Nashville Vapor until I have been to their store and have had one on one interaction with them. A vape meet is not really the place to have intensive personal attention. I do agree that the pricing at such a venue should be such as to encourage future repeat business. Isn't it the whole point of being there in the first place? I found several of the vendors to be charging quite the premium. There was a pretty good selection of product available to select from, which did impress me. I would not have been happy to see all egos or all mech mods. Juice is so cheap to produce that I am surprised that the vendors did not have special vape meet deals. Hook a new customer on a flavor, heck practically give it away, and you have a repeat customer who will probably also buy some hardware along with his juice. I am surprised that most B&Ms do not do some type of seminar or classes for people to attend to learn about the gear. Kind of like Home Depot does for laying tile or for changing a faucet. I think that would attract a lot of new customers. Oh well. I thoroughly enjoyed the meet and will keep my ears open for the next one.

Hey eyebedam, want to sell one of your provaris? Did not like the Zombie one but I am in love with provari. When the time comes for you to upgrade or something, give an old lady a PM and let me know. Sorry I missed you at the meet; would have loved to have met you.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
No, sorry I'm keeping my Provaris lol however if suggest keep checking provape a site under th clearance section. Every couple mints or so they will have what is called blemish models for about 20.00 cheaper. I've yet to find a blem on mine. I gen wouldn't suggest buying a used 1 off the classifieds only because most people are ......ed as far as pricing goes. Most the time they price them at retail or maybe 20.00 cheaper than being able to just buy it directly from Provape.

Did you check out vol vapers table? They are some really nice guys.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I keep checking the Provari site, but when I add up all the extra stuff I would need to get started it blows the budget. Looks like I may have to go used or through a connection down the road. My spinners are doing me proud and I have an MVP2 coming to me in the next several weeks so I will be ok through Christmas. After Christmas the hunt will be on.

I did stop by Vol Vapor. And the people with all the ****** in their name. I picked up a cute little bridged 306 atty and they gave it to me to use with a drip tip that encased the whole atty. Seems strange to me, never saw a little setup like that. It does screw onto my spinner so I will have to see if it actually works. Can't seem to separate them either, but did not apply force. We shall see.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
You are not the first person to talk of RTD regarding batteries. They seem to be well respected on ECF. Batteries confuse me, so many types and styles. I know enough to get unprotected and nothing with the word fire in its name. Making notes. Purchase will have to wait for Christmas probably. Does Provape ever run a sale around Christmas time? Or any time for that matter. Does not seem that they would need to with their reputation and following.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
You are not the first person to talk of RTD regarding batteries. They seem to be well respected on ECF. Batteries confuse me, so many types and styles. I know enough to get unprotected and nothing with the word fire in its name. Making notes. Purchase will have to wait for Christmas probably. Does Provape ever run a sale around Christmas time? Or any time for that matter. Does not seem that they would need to with their reputation and following.

I only suggest using AW Brand batteries & nothing else with a Provari..As far as sales go provape sucks.. The most they ever do & it's few & far between is 5% off..

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Like I thought. They don't need to and they know it. They ran a 5% off sale over the summer and I was not able to take advantage of it. Drat. Do you have the minis or regular size provaris. I held the Zombie mini but Nashville Vapor did not have a regular one with them. Is there that big of a difference, outside of obvious vape time advantage of the larger battery.

And if I go to the Provape site, should I get the extension cap and the extra year warranty? I know it is personal preference, but really, charging for a different color led display? And I have read about something that is called Tatroe. What is that? Sorry for all the newb questions, but it is so nice to speak with someone that actually has one and is not in the buy 3 of everything camp. I am not made of money and not in the fanboi camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread