Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
In a subtank unless you are building your own coils it's probably not worth it.

The Subtank comes with ( or did at one time ) a rebuildable deck and even the premade coils are pretty easy to rebuild ( the horizontal ones at least, haven't tried the vertical coils )

I'd try to answer Dusty's question but I never felt that NET.com's liquids were all that gunky compared to others I've vaped... so I guess I was already prejudiced and didn't think it fair to answer given it appears that he didn't feel that way.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Nope...well not for me...I tend to dry burn and rewick every 2 mls's...helps me to learn to wick! In a subtank unless you are building your own coils it's probably not worth it.

Bought the Kayfun here specifically for nets.

Way I look at it, when indoors I am happy to rewick every 4-5 hours, when out and about I opt for less coil gunking nets so I don't have to rebuild.

Have read others say the same and others say different. But that is my experience.

I only use the RBA heads on the Subtank Mini. I have around a dozen that I rotate through 6 Mini's. That being said, I still don't want anything that requires changing in under one tank. I don't have that kind of time on my hands. I'm lucky to be able to sit down and re-wick used up coils every couple days. :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
The Subtank comes with ( or did at one time ) a rebuildable deck and even the premade coils are pretty easy to rebuild ( the horizontal ones at least, haven't tried the vertical coils )

I'd try to answer Dusty's question but I never felt that NET.com's liquids were all that gunky compared to others I've vaped... so I guess I was already prejudiced and didn't think it fair to answer given it appears that he didn't feel that way.

I think it's about time I give Clay another shot. It's been a few years now that I've tried his juices, and perhaps my perception of how gunky they were is a bit skewed. Now comes the hard part. With my current favourites being Hearth and Home Louisana Red (VaPer blend), Davidoff Flake medallions (another VaPer blend), Dunhill Early Morning (Mild English), Lane HS-3 (Cav), Lane Very Cherry (Cav/Burley/Virginia), what the heck should I get from Clay? I'm going to go take a peek, but feel free to drop some suggestions. ;)

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
I only use the RBA heads on the Subtank Mini. I have around a dozen that I rotate through 6 Mini's. That being said, I still don't want anything that requires changing in under one tank. I don't have that kind of time on my hands. I'm lucky to be able to sit down and re-wick used up coils every couple days. :)

I dunno...pull out old wick, dry burn, cut and fit new wick, juice the wick and put tank back together. Takes me 5 mins. Really not much longer than grinding some coffee beans and making an espresso. Time may be short but it's one, twice maybe thrice a day. Worth a shot...

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
I think it's about time I give Clay another shot. It's been a few years now that I've tried his juices, and perhaps my perception of how gunky they were is a bit skewed. Now comes the hard part. With my current favourites being Hearth and Home Louisana Red (VaPer blend), Davidoff Flake medallions (another VaPer blend), Dunhill Early Morning (Mild English), Lane HS-3 (Cav), Lane Very Cherry (Cav/Burley/Virginia), what the heck should I get from Clay? I'm going to go take a peek, but feel free to drop some suggestions. ;)

I really enjoyed the VaPeOr blend....so that or VaPe perhaps?

Reactions: Dusty_D

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
I think NET.com liquids are uber gunkers... I know all nets are gunkers, but these are something else. I would not even consider vaping them in a non-RBA setup... I'd go broke from buying replacement coils in a month.
I use 3 Squape setups with NET.com juices, with a big fat 3mm coil and ideally I still re-wick every day. Sometimes they can last me two days, but at the end of the second you get a solid taste of smoky gunk from the coil.
BN, on the other hand are very clear and easy on the coil. They, however, will make me broke on their prices alone... Cotton is way cheaper than premium juice, so it's an easy decision for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: xtreme101

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
a big fat 3mm coil and ideally I still re-wick every day

That's me. When I was introduced to NETs I was using the Nautilus Mini. I have an old Daily Pill Box thing that's full of washed/burned BVC coils (can't seem to throw them out...hehe.) Anyway, 3mm coil for me too and dry burn/re-wick everday when I get home. Usually two RDAs being used while I'm at work.

ETA: Not haveing the history with NET.com that others have Clay's juices seem to be getting cleaner. I think MVJ's juices are especially clean. My extracts on the other hand....

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Are Clay's juices any cleaner than they used to be when he first started? One of the issues I had when I was on the Kayfun's was that I couldn't even get through a tank before the coils got gunked up. I'm on the Subtank Mini's now, and curious how bad/good/same his juices are now.

as far as I can tell, most of the older juices he sells now are about the same, not too gunky about middle of the road......good, but I haven't bought any retail juices as of late.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
MVJ has been my NET supplier of choice for the last year or two. Even with how clean they are, I usually change out my wicks every tank or two. I cannot stand the off taste of coils gunking up. Most of my vape buddies think I'm nuts but I honestly don't think I could go back to supergunker juices any more. :(

3mm, 24g spaced coils, wicked with Rayon here. I build them at 0.5 ohms and run them at 20W.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
MVJ has been my NET supplier of choice for the last year or two. Even with how clean they are, I usually change out my wicks every tank or two. I cannot stand the off taste of coils gunking up. Most of my vape buddies think I'm nuts but I honestly don't think I could go back to supergunker juices any more. :(

3mm, 24g spaced coils, wicked with Rayon here. I build them at 0.5 ohms and run them at 20W.

Diane's juices are cleaner since she reformulated and changes her methods than Clay's are no doubt... BTW, stock up on MVJ's sooner instead of later, read the notice ( in red ) at the bottom of her home page...

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Diane's juices are cleaner since she reformulated and changes her methods than Clay's are no doubt... BTW, stock up on MVJ's sooner instead of later, read the notice ( in red ) at the bottom of her home page...

Yeah, she's considering pulling up the stakes later this year. She shared that a couple days ago. I intend to continue enjoying her offerings until that happens.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Good to see you my friend, I hope you're feeling well, I'm not use to seeing such short posts from you :lol:, and I agree with your concise analysis of the Graham component as the culprit, good call. :thumb:

I've got to apologize in advance for another short one, but I am glad to see some of us thread fossils sticking around. You can literally go back and watch the advance of NETs into their current state in this thread... anyways, doing somewhat better than I was, but still trying to get some things fixed.

On that note (and with an even longer backstory) I'm looking for a new PV; I hear temp control is a pretty good way to enjoy NETs, and might go for the "Starter" (seriously hope that nobody is literally starting out with TC without knowing what they're doing - especially at such low resistances) kit I've found for ~$40 (includes a Melo 2 and an iStick 60w TC) on MBV.

My concerns about titanium are higher than they are with nickel; no big deal and possibly could be chalked up to paranoia... but that's just how I roll. :rolleyes:

At any rate, the Melo 2 supports both the titanium and ni200 coils, working in conjunction with the iStick60 to (supposedly) provide a good vape. What am I even considering TC for? Chalk it up to a hunch, and a post in this very thread showing greatly decreased coil gunk and a rather nice wick for the length of time it'd been used.

I forget precisely who posted it, but the results were more than promising enough for me to consider plunging into TC... regardless, having to rewick two Lemo Drops every day to every two days was getting tiresome, and I figure I'll just buy some of the prebuilt coils until I can get ahold of one of the RBA decks for the Melo 2 (provided it's a decent device for me).

Anyone with TC having better performance with NETs? Worse? I'm likely going to get the iStick 60w TC anyways, but I'd like to have an idea what to be prepared for... just makes me sleep easier at night.

I didn't forget about you guys, trust me. As a matter of fact, the same tobaccos I was in the process of extracting before have been given a most generous amount of time in maceration form. I'm willing to bet at least a couple of them will turn out well (my yardstick for this is when I try one and go, "Yep, this one's good enough to sell" after a few generous vapes) when all is said and done. :thumb:

EDIT: Yeah, I guess even this is a short post for me; I usually end up spending too much time on them when I write those mini-novels, though.

Still looking at another TC with practically no reviews: Cigreen's Eve 60w TC mod. The main reason I'm not sure about this one is that the "annoying feature" has been pointed out to be a battery cap that one of the reviewers/stores suggested using a coin to open.

Last edited:

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Any suggestions for a first order from MVJ? I like Patriot, St. James Parish & Porch Rocker and I like Clay's Sun Cured Turkish, Balkan and Red Virginia. I have no idea where to start with MVJ. Not a big fan of the fruit and candy flavors in my NETs. Straight tobacco for me. What should I get? I want to try some before it's gone.

Reactions: 67Tele

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Any suggestions for a first order from MVJ? I like Patriot, St. James Parish & Porch Rocker and I like Clay's Sun Cured Turkish, Balkan and Red Virginia. I have no idea where to start with MVJ. Not a big fan of the fruit and candy flavors in my NETs. Straight tobacco for me. What should I get? I want to try some before it's gone.
If you're partial to an English Style blend I can recommend some:
MVJ w/Dunhill Nightcap Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
MVJ w/Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club Great Hiatus Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
MVJ w/Hearth & Home Signature -Louisiana Red Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
These are all fairly deep, and dark. The Latakia isn't too heavy in those that have it but, you know it's there.
Dunhill Evening is the first one I tried from MVJ and became an instant favorite. Then I had the Sherlock Holmes. It's running neck and neck with the Dunhill and sometimes edging it out. There's a little something more special about it.
I don't remember the Louisiana Red I got from there but, I've extracted it at home and it's killer.

On the lighter side:
MVJ w/Dunhill Early Morning Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
MVJ w/Sutliff Private Stock - Spinnaker Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC

Also STP MVJ w/Owl Shop White Heather Pipe Tobacco, Steeped to Perfection Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC I'm using this at the moment. Love the little taste of Scotch.

Check out her Steeped To Perfection offerings. Those will shave off a little steeping time.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yeah, she's considering pulling up the stakes later this year. She shared that a couple days ago. I intend to continue enjoying her offerings until that happens.

Hi dusty and crew!

Gosh Diane is going to cease her business ? Can't believe it. She has been an amazing contributor in the world of NETs. Does she indicate why she is going to stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
:( regulations???? :evil:
I've never bought the idea of closing over fear of possible future regulations. I've seen other vendors say that in the past, and I call BS. You don't close a profitable business because yet to be determined regulations might happen. You close because it's not profitable, and you save face by saying that not-yet-existing regulations are to blame.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Hi dusty and crew!

Gosh Diane is going to cease her business ? Can't believe it. She has been an amazing contributor in the world of NETs. Does she indicate why she is going to stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoting Diane "This will however be my last year in this business. It is time to move on to something else. I will be selling the business after the MyV apeJuice get together party in June of this year."

It came as a shock, but I fully understand and wished her all the best. It's all I could do.

Reactions: AnthonyB

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
Two of the juices you mentioned are my favorites, Patriot and St. James Parish. Among the MVJ juices that I had Dunhill Night cap seems closer to patriot. Perique single leaf that they have would work same as St. James Parish from RBFS, hopefully. I bought the extract last week and waiting to be steeped.

Reactions: Metal Storm

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread