Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
HOW can I be the ONLY one who wants to riot in the steets at the loss of the AROS? What's WRONG with you people. Big Juicy, you're with my right? THE STREETS WILL FLOW RED!

(I'm just kidding of course)

(Sorta)

I don't understand it either and I am frankly shocked ahlusion is pulling all the aros and the response in here has been, well fairly subdued and almost diplomatic.

Perhaps the aros aren't the biggest money spinner out of all the lines, maybe they require a touch extra care than other lines, but to pull the whole line when you know some of your repeat customers love to stick a couple of bottles in their cart along with the other purchases is akin to pulling a gourmet range of muffins some of your most discerning and regular customers have with their regular morning coffee.

Is that good customer service? Would a small publicity campaign to subscribed users or on ECF, or an opportunity for the customers to provide general feedback about pulling the line be a more customer focussed approach?

Perhaps there is a good reason for it. I am a bit behind the times but in my limited perception of the situation it would be like Starbucks removing coffee from their menu and expanding their hot chocolate range or MacDonalds removing burgers from their menu and offering a wider variety of salads.

It doesn't affect me personally as ahlusion do not deliver to Australia and any ahlusion aros I've received have been pure chance, but I know the aros are a crowd favorite in this forum, and part of the staple discussion throughout, or at least were for a time. Devil Dog and Bluegrass Burley were never far from discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaccyFiend

Jun 18, 2014
New York, NY
No worries BaccyFiend. Do you think I am being too optimistic expecting my May order to come sometime in August? The July order I am thinking sometime in October.
Order #2350 placed May 5
Order #2615 placed July 3

With GeJ I kinda went on what I have read on this forum although some may disagree but that is OK plus what I read on their website. I went with 30 mil bottles of:
Patriot, Vita Bella, Acadian Gold and Analog

No, a little over three months seems to be the approximate processing time, so your estimations are probably about right. Excellent GeJ choices to give you an idea of their range.

BaccyFiend

Jun 18, 2014
New York, NY
I'm with you, just spent the evening trying out the 7 GeJ juices I just received. The one that really rubbed me the wrong way was Vita Bella. Really not my thing, but I already know who will be receiving this bottle, as palates that will enjoy this kind of vape will go bonkers over it IMO. Not a huge fan of the Analog Tobacco or the Wild Turkey - again, personal taste preference. I have found that flavors that try to emulate analogs are generally not my thing, and I believe both of these fall in this category.

Natural Perique sucker punched me, kicked me in the groin, and then laughed at me as I lay on the ground crying. My palate is very sensitive, so keep this in mind as you read my impressions... but to me, that is a very potent, very powerful flavor. Children's book edition: the draw is a pipe, the aftertaste is cigar. Fantastic.

The other one that is a real standout is the Organic #1. I could not put my device down, I think I emptied out the whole Origen in one go - and, as drippers go, that's a lot of vaping. I think this is the "sweetest" of the flavors I ordered, and the smoothest.

Patriot and Acadian Gold are also becoming permanent fixtures for me.

Patriot and Acadian Gold seem to have a way of making it into a lot of people's rotations. What color is your Organic #1?

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
I'm taking Big Juicy's ex-girlfriend (Goodejuice.com's Patriot) on a breakfast date, lol. My first time trying it, but first impression is this is easily my favorite of the Goodejuice line. More to come on Wild Turkey, Natural Perique, and The Gaadfather.

Dusty_D, don't worry, you have backup this side of the border re Vita Bella. ;)

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
I don't understand it either and I am frankly shocked ahlusion is pulling all the aros and the response in here has been, well fairly subdued and almost diplomatic.

Perhaps the aros aren't the biggest money spinner out of all the lines, maybe they require a touch extra care than other lines, but to pull the whole line when you know some of your repeat customers love to stick a couple of bottles in their cart along with the other purchases is akin to pulling a gourmet range of muffins some of your most discerning and regular customers have with their regular morning coffee.

Is that good customer service? Would a small publicity campaign to subscribed users or on ECF, or an opportunity for the customers to provide general feedback about pulling the line be a more customer focussed approach?

Perhaps there is a good reason for it. I am a bit behind the times but in my limited perception of the situation it would be like Starbucks removing coffee from their menu and expanding their hot chocolate range or MacDonalds removing burgers from their menu and offering a wider variety of salads.

It doesn't affect me personally as ahlusion do not deliver to Australia and any ahlusion aros I've received have been pure chance, but I know the aros are a crowd favorite in this forum, and part of the staple discussion throughout, or at least were for a time. Devil Dog and Bluegrass Burley were never far from discussion.

Hey Anthony, while I do agree that A+ pulling the Aros from their online sales is disappointing, I can appreciate the possible reasoning for doing so. Note I mention "online sales", as it is my speculation they will continue to offer them at their B&M and quite possibly by special request. As for these being a large part of their overall business, I speculatively disagree. If you jump into the thread here on the forum, the Aros rarely come up in conversation, and if they do it's usually by one of us NETizens, a significant minority in the grand scheme of things. Knowing what I know second hand about Wlad, this is a calculated business decision, that I suspect others in know feel too. Otherwise I would expect the response here to be much more fiery. In my own experience, BGB is a phenomenal liquid, but not one I need again and again. The 30ml bottle I bought months ago is likely going to last me a very long time as my sessions with it are few and far between. I think many others here would agree.

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
And something completely new to me, Tobacco Haze from M&P! This has been on my list forever, I just haven't gotten around to ordering from them. Best part, it's well steeped which I hear is a very good thing for their TA juice. I'm pretty pumped to try this one!

Looking forward to your impressions on this one Jerms. It's a strange bird!

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Ahlusion's Website said:
Our Aromatic line will soon be removed permanently from our online menu and will be available in select stores only.

emphasis mine.

So they're still going to be making it, just not putting it online?

Devil Dog was, honestly, one of the only Ahlusion e-liquids I was looking to try besides SC and JC.

I wanted to see how it stacks up with GeJ's Patriot.

What's bothering me is that I don't see a Maple Burley anywhere on the site.

This can't be the Maple House Blend...

I'm also not seeing a lot of other liquids that have been extensively reviewed on this thread on their website.

However, that statement above implies that it's going to be in B&M only and just never available for sale on the website.

In regards to the McDonald's & Starbucks analogies...

If McDonalds decided to never carry a double cheeseburger ever again, and just switched to quarter pounders and big macs, with a new "Why have a double cheeseburger when you can get a double cheese salad?" marketing stint, you probably wouldn't see me there for a loooooooong while.

On that note, Vurley is gone. I'm seeing a lot of blanks where tobaccos should be.

If GeJ did this with Acadian Gold, Patriot and Vita Bella, they would permanently lose me as a customer, and I would sent a very long letter of complaint stating that a lot of people would be doing the same.

Don't get it twisted; I don't see Nick doing this anytime soon, but the fact of the matter is that this can happen with any vendor, at any time... if they don't care about losing customers who happened to think those were their favorite blends.

There is no consolation for customers, nor is there any compromise; example- those who have ordered those blends to be "Grandfathered in" or even an "Xpress" offering that's a fixed ratio.

However, pulling many of what most people considered favorites requires a re-review of Ahlusion's (I refuse to call them A+ at this point. Maybe A--. Yes, I went there.) standing in the vendor rankings.

Yes, I did just say that. How are we going to keep them in the A tier if they just up and decide to flip a large majority of their online customers the bird and say, "Too bad. We're not selling them online anymore. We don't care if you recommended us based on (insert favorite e-liquid here). Deal with it."?

I would consider their standing to be compromised at this point, unless a good explanation (which is not on the site) is offered.

Has anyone at all heard why they are doing this?

.....also, before anyone says, "But you've only ordered Vurley from Ahlusion, why would you care?"

-I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, Ahlusion-lovers: If one of my favorite vendors did this....well, like I said, without a good explanation; they would probably lose my business.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
Papa...I have St. James and I have hoarded the last of my NETCOm Choctaw which is OUTSTANDING. PM me and I will get you samples of each.

Thanks BJ, but I'm gonna pass. Sent you a PM.

:lol::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'm taking Big Juicy's ex-girlfriend (Goodejuice.com's Patriot) on a breakfast date, lol. My first time trying it, but first impression is this is easily my favorite of the Goodejuice line. More to come on Wild Turkey, Natural Perique, and The Gaadfather.

Dusty_D, don't worry, you have backup this side of the border re Vita Bella. ;)

Patriot and NP were two of my favorite juices of all time.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dropped some Wild Turkey and GJ4 in a couple of cartos. Found a box of 5 new cartos while cleaning up. WTH gotta use them sooner or later.

I feel for you guy's with Ahl dropping their aro line. It looked like there were several Vurley and BGB lovers. They were at the top of my list when I was buying commercial juices.

It was a real treat taking advantage of GeJ's 50% off sale. Been awhile since I've had any store bought liquids. I ordered Saturday and got them today. Phenomenal CS as usual from GeJ. I could try for months on end to come up with something close to Patriot. Not gonna happen. This juice is terrific and worth every penny paid. I think they get their Burley from the top of Mount Olympus.

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
emphasis mine.

So they're still going to be making it, just not putting it online?

Devil Dog was, honestly, one of the only Ahlusion e-liquids I was looking to try besides SC and JC.

This can't be the Maple House Blend...

I'm also not seeing a lot of other liquids that have been extensively reviewed on this thread on their website.

However, that statement above implies that it's going to be in B&M only and just never available for sale on the website.

In regards to the McDonald's & Starbucks analogies...

If McDonalds decided to never carry a double cheeseburger ever again, and just switched to quarter pounders and big macs, with a new "Why have a double cheeseburger when you can get a double cheese salad?" marketing stint, you probably wouldn't see me there for a loooooooong while.

On that note, Vurley is gone. I'm seeing a lot of blanks where tobaccos should be.

If GeJ did this with Acadian Gold, Patriot and Vita Bella, they would permanently lose me as a customer, and I would sent a very long letter of complaint stating that a lot of people would be doing the same.

Don't get it twisted; I don't see Nick doing this anytime soon, but the fact of the matter is that this can happen with any vendor, at any time... if they don't care about losing customers who happened to think those were their favorite blends.

There is no consolation for customers, nor is there any compromise; example- those who have ordered those blends to be "Grandfathered in" or even an "Xpress" offering that's a fixed ratio.

However, pulling many of what most people considered favorites requires a re-review of Ahlusion's (I refuse to call them A+ at this point. Maybe A--. Yes, I went there.) standing in the vendor rankings.

Yes, I did just say that. How are we going to keep them in the A tier if they just up and decide to flip a large majority of their online customers the bird and say, "Too bad. We're not selling them online anymore. We don't care if you recommended us based on (insert favorite e-liquid here). Deal with it."?

I would consider their standing to be compromised at this point, unless a good explanation (which is not on the site) is offered.

.....also, before anyone says, "But you've only ordered Vurley from Ahlusion, why would you care?"

-I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, Ahlusion-lovers: If one of my favorite vendors did this....well, like I said, without a good explanation; they would probably lose my business.
I respectfully disagree with your take on this. [emoji4]

I feel that if the aromatics were selling the way you perceived them to be, they surely would not have been pulled from the online menu. Like Mr. Mann (almost) said, "if it don't make dollars, it don't make (business) sense."

I feel like a small subset of vapers enjoyed them and loved them hard, hence the outcry from a few in this thread. I'm not naive enough to believe that only the posters in this thread loved them, but I just don't believe it is as big a number as you may think.

A+ (yes, I will give them a plus cuz they're my favorite vendor and all, lol) has a tendency to consider their customers' feedback, so who knows, they may return online in the future if requested enough. OR they could return reformulated, based, again, upon customer feedback, like that Maple House Blend you referenced in your post. By the way, I really enjoy that juice. [emoji1]

Anyhow, I don't feel slighted by the decision, but I understand how some are feeling. If the Wild Woods and the Criminals were to be removed online, well......

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Awesome vapemail day today. RBFS stock in da house! Huge HUGE shout out to Brian from RBFS for getting these to me via VapingWatch. HHV stock from their 30% sale also arrived. :blink:

i-DFzrCRM-L.jpg

i-6sWRDhR-L.jpg

I just read about GeJ's 50% sale.. Tempting, oh so tempting!!

It's such a great day when you get vape mail like this. The days I have had vape mail like this have been some of my most joyous.

If I ever get my RBFS I will again have such a day. Living in Australia, and Canada it seems, makes everything difficult.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
SO I guess it is time I ask...what do y'all say IYHO is the best Maple NET still on the market?

I agree with B_n_J, it would have to be Maple, Eh!

Sorry BJ, I know you don't care for HHV at all, but then, I would have loved Ahl to ship to Canada back when the Aro's were still being sold online. C'est La Vie!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Dropped some Wild Turkey and GJ4 in a couple of cartos. Found a box of 5 new cartos while cleaning up. WTH gotta use them sooner or later.

I feel for you guy's with Ahl dropping their aro line. It looked like there were several Vurley and BGB lovers. They were at the top of my list when I was buying commercial juices.

It was a real treat taking advantage of GeJ's 50% off sale. Been awhile since I've had any store bought liquids. I ordered Saturday and got them today. Phenomenal CS as usual from GeJ. I could try for months on end to come up with something close to Patriot. Not gonna happen. This juice is terrific and worth every penny paid. I think they get their Burley from the top of Mount Olympus.

Haha, I've got ~25 cartos as well, and I don't mind using them once in awhile for my TA juices. Sometimes it's good to revisit the past and remind ourselves how great the last ~15 months has been with the newer tanks, atomizers and rebuildable that can sometimes become frustrating.

Though I found Ahlusion's Aromatics satisfying, many weren't re-orders due to the handful of fine vendors with a wide selection of outstanding retail juices, some of which were more satisfying or complex and long-lasting. An example is GeJ VB, Acadian Gold & Natural Perique. For me, these stood apart from many other juices which had some similarity regardless of vendor, NP had a funkiness all its own. Even though I DIY NETs,those GeJ juices are a bit harder to recreate right now, though I haven't strolled down that experimental road yet.

Last edited:

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI

Devil Dog is nothing like Patriot. London or Apache would be juices that compare.

Maple Burley is an aromatic. They have all been removed except BGB and Devil Dog.

Ahlusion still makes about twenty fantastic NETs. I would argue that Smooth Criminal, JG Blend, Sahara and Caramel Wild Wood have no competition in their respective niches. With all respect to everyone on this thread, Wlad doesn't know if he gets an A or an F here for his efforts. He doesn't monitor ECF or make business decisions based on what is said here. Thank god. NET fans have always appreciated A+ for more than just the aros. Also, aside from Big Juicy and his Maple Burley, it's been a long time since I've seen comments here about A+ aros being regular purchases. There are lots of other choices now; when these juices were launched, the gruff NET world was a cozy place. Now they're everywhere. The market may not be expanding as quickly as the options for potential customers.

Nobody has heard why. Why should we? Since when does a business have to justify the selection of products they offer? If you're unhappy with their decision, vote with your wallet. Your statement that they're "flipping a large majority of their online customers he bird" is beyond foolish. If they eliminated Blueberry Vanilla Cake it would cause far more unrest. The aros, with their artistic blending of various CO2-extracted tobacco strains and partner flavors, are probably just not bringing in enough money to justify the labor involved. And as A+ expands, I'm guessing Wlad may not have time to do those extractions and blending, and he may not want to turn it over to anyone else.

These are just my guesses. I haven't asked Wlad about it. Ahlusion is my favorite vendor. The aros were a small part of why. But you can stay out of my shoes and in your own. Give your business to whomever you like, and take it away from them when you choose. The rest of us will do likewise, for reasons we choose, according to our own standards. Nobody else -- including actual Ahlusion customers -- is complaining that the vendor owes us an explanation. Why is it again you think you deserve one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread