Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That sucks that it didn't work for you. Ordered last night, put the code in, and seen the discount at checkout. Once I seen it, went back for more and added another bottle to my order. Bought Admirals Pipe, St James Parish, DWiT x2, and Poet and Scholar (plus the custards I think) for 40 bucks.

Nice choices. Tony fixed it and I got my order through. Yay!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Well I ordered 30 mls of St. James Parish and Count Caramel. I used the code but no free shipping, no discount, no free juice. just sayin'.

I also tried to order 3 15ml bottles from Mountain Oak for what amounts to 30% off. Wouldn't take my order for some reason...

That happened to me on the vaping Watch site, I emptied the cart, exited the site and re-entered, everything worked fine.

No such problem with MOV though... you are cursed :blink:

Yeah I have a Sh*t-Ton of DIY, but it's been ~20 months since I've had any MOV, and I wanted to try Americano, Blueberry Ridge, Chai Tea Latte & Applewood, with a re-order of Sunday Morning.
There were a couple of RBFS I wanted to try, Captain Honey Pepper, Admirals Pipe, and a re-order of DWIT, at $10 for 30ml you can't blame me :banana:

Last edited:

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sorry for the long absence; even longer story.

Ongoing stuff has been taking too much time.

Good news, is that my cold-macerated extracts came out OK.

I feel like an idiot for not using heat on the Pt. St. #84 Turkish, LOL; it's good stuff, but that great leaf could have used some more love.

Sutliff Private Stock Balkan Luxury Blend -> came out good, not a super-intense Latakia, but strong enough to wake you up: Much milder and quite well-rounded.

the McClelland No. 2050 Oriental Cavendish extract came out with a great spicy, super intriguing aroma.... smelled like this when bottled, even.

The issue is, mixing at 17.5% on this one sure smelled great going into the e-juice bottles (I mixed about 90ml of O.C. and have vaped about 45mls of it to confirm this) but came out extremely mild, and quite tasty. I accidentally picked this bottle up instead of my Balkan one day, and immediately assumed my Lemo Drop wasn't wicking fast enough.

I was wrong.

Flooding commenced, and then I realized that the Oriental Cav had mellowed out.

Very, very good mixer to add complexity into a stronger juice & tone it down a bit. I really didn't expect it to mellow out that much... may mix to 20% next time.

Would you folks believe that I've just been vaping those 3 for a while, now?

I am about to run the next several bottles, which have been aging for quite some time now, through a warmer with a stone at the bottom to keep the jar off of the heat source. The problem that I foresee is that the jars are utterly HUGE in comparison to this thing. Picture a slow cooker with one setting: warm.

I find it quite comical; Now I have more extract than PG remaining, or even mixed liquid.

Vaping the Pt. St. 84 Turkish, blended with a touch of Sutliff Private Stock Balkan Luxury Blend. Switching to the Balkan [HASHTAG]#957[/HASHTAG] in a few minutes.

I would love to write more books, but I have to write more books in a lot of places, so... I guess I leave you with a chapter, at least for the time being.

I've probably missed quite a bit, but I'm still around.

Catch ya later.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
That's a crazy sale going on at Vaping Watch! 30ml of RBFS for $8, 15ml for $5 PLUS free shipping.. just wow.

As y'all know RBFS is my favorite NET vendor alongside GeJ. Some of my favorite juices ever are in that line. I was tempted to stock up on everything, but since RB has been around half of all my vaping for a year and I'm wanting to try new juices I only picked up some Pirate's an DWiT. I'd recently finished off the last of Admiral'ls, Petner's, KillrY4, and Count Caramel so will probably regret not re-upping since I'm far from tired of those. Excited to vape Pirate's again. As I type this I'm already regretting not getting St. James and Porch Rocker again.. may have to make another order lol.

Finally finishing off my 12mg stash. I don't think I've ordered anything since Black Friday, so pretty excited to try some new juices. Got some of the Wacky Vapes that were on sale alongside RiverBottom at VW. Never heard of them, no idea if they're good, but $4.20 per 15ml is a small risk. Reading the descriptions, they SOUND good, which as we know means absolutely nothing lol.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I picked up some I hadn't tried:

Caven Fever
DWt Dagwood's Wife is Trippin
CC Count Caramel
DHB Dark Honey Berry

Clay at NET is having a sale starting at midnight tonight I think. I'm trying his sample of The Ruins right now.
I'm hoping Diane will have one too cause she's got a bunch I want to get big bottles of.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
At $8 for 30ml, Vaping watch's sale on RBFS was just too good to pass up. I've never tried their line but enjoy sampling retail NETs to compare against my own. Ordered Porch Rocker, KillrY4, Dagwood's Wife is Trippin and Count Caramel. From past reviews by Bill and others on this thread I'm expecting a relatively mild tobacco/flavor presence. That's the main reason I've procrastinated trying RBFS, I enjoy bold flavors but at this price I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Wonder how KillrY4 will stack up against Net.com's tRY4.1? It was relatively mild but still tasty.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I picked up some I hadn't tried:

Caven Fever
DWt Dagwood's Wife is Trippin
CC Count Caramel
DHB Dark Honey Berry

Clay at NET is having a sale starting at midnight tonight I think. I'm trying his sample of The Ruins right now.
I'm hoping Diane will have one too cause she's got a bunch I want to get big bottles of.

If you've had NETcom's or W2V's Blondie, DWiT won't be nothing new but it's the best representation of the cigar. CC is the best caramel I've had, just don't expect much tobacco. DHB and Caven are my least favorite of the line, but that's just because my lack of love for black cav. They are extremely well made and I had no prob finishing them off.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
At $8 for 30ml, Vaping watch's sale on RBFS was just too good to pass up. I've never tried their line but enjoy sampling retail NETs to compare against my own. Ordered Porch Rocker, KillrY4, Dagwood's Wife is Trippin and Count Caramel. From past reviews by Bill and others on this thread I'm expecting a relatively mild tobacco/flavor presence. That's the main reason I've procrastinated trying RBFS, I enjoy bold flavors but at this price I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Wonder how KillrY4 will stack up against Net.com's tRY4.1? It was relatively mild but still tasty.

Should have picked up Latakia if you want BOLD. St. James is a boldish Perique NET too.

I've found them all flavorful. One person's perfect is another's bold is another's mild though. KillrY4 and Count are more dessert than tobacco, but really tasty dessert at that.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Tough choices! RBFS and NET both having a sale. If you had to choose one who would it be?
My choice would be NET. There's at least 10 of Clay's that I reorder. The RBFSs I've had are Porch Rocker, St. James and Admiral's Pipe. St. James was probably my fav of those with Porch Rocker and Admiral's next. All need quite a long steep (as do Clay's...for me at least.)

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Tough choices! RBFS and NET both having a sale. If you had to choose one who would it be?

Go with RBFS, that's close to ~52% off the regular price for some and ~58% off the St. James Perique. Use the code & get two free 15ml bottles of VP Custards, throw in free shipping, and it's a no-brainer.

For those who buy Retail NET juices, this is a great time in Vaping History, when you have ~6-8 Vendors producing top quality juices... The only benefits to DIYing them is self satisfaction and cost.

I just Bottom-Fed 30ml of St. James Parrish & 20ml of GeJ Perique through a CH Modded Marquis Clone@ .343ohm dual vertical coil, without dry burning the coil or changing my hemp wick. I get no burnt taste or lack of flavor on either juice, even though the wicks are black in color. The gunk on the spaced coils aren't very bad, maybe vaping the Net in the 40-50 watt range using spaced coils has something to do with that.

IMG_0301.JPG

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Go with RBFS, that's close to ~52% off the regular price for some and ~58% off the St. James Perique. Use the code & get two free 15ml bottles of VP Custards, throw in free shipping, and it's a no-brainer.

For those who buy Retail NET juices, this is a great time in Vaping History, when you have ~6-8 Vendors producing top quality juices... The only benefits to DIYing them is self satisfaction and cost.

I just Bottom-Fed 30ml of St. James Parrish & 20ml of GeJ Perique through a CH Modded Marquis Clone@ .343ohm dual vertical coil, without dry burning the coil or changing my hemp wick. I get no burnt taste or lack of flavor on either juice, even though the wicks are black in color. The gunk on the spaced coils aren't very bad, maybe vaping the Net in the 40-50 watt range using spaced coils has something to do with that.

View attachment 459013
Do you know anything about the two free custards? I'm so out of the loop these days about juice. No idea what the cool kids are vaping and recommending.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Do you know anything about the two free custards? I'm so out of the loop these days about juice. No idea what the cool kids are vaping and recommending.

No, nothing other than what was in the description on the site, since I DIY my NET & non-NET juices. Other than picking up a few of the new NET.Com Hybrids & Teas, and GeJ's Vita Bella, I don't travel the Retail sites at all.

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Hi everyone :)
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who keeps this thread alive with reviews of NET vendors and their products. With your help I found naturally-extracted-tobacco.com and now vape pretty much only their juices.
They are also having a sale over the weekend and their service is first rate - since I order from the other side of the pond, I've run into some issues with customs and they have gone above and beyond in helping me with any issues that I've had.
And not the least bit important is how good their extracts are: Black Cavendish, Dover Court, Coventry, Big Spirit, Sun-Cured Turkish and Balkan are all very good and have been in my rotation for the past few months.

If anyone has not tried their extracts, they are definitely worth it. You also get free samples, rewards for future orders (if you order over a certain amount) and the prices are very good.

Cheers.

beachbumcm

May 11, 2015
My choice would be NET. There's at least 10 of Clay's that I reorder. The RBFSs I've had are Porch Rocker, St. James and Admiral's Pipe. St. James was probably my fav of those with Porch Rocker and Admiral's next. All need quite a long steep (as do Clay's...for me at least.)
How long are you steeping clay's? Ive waited about a week and a half or 2 weeks. A month? more?

Reactions: 67Tele

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
How long are you steeping clay's? Ive waited about a week and a half or 2 weeks. A month? more?

Hey beachbum
For me it takes some planning ahead. With Clay's it's a minimum of two months before I start seeing what it's like. Usually 3-4 months will be good. Some here will let them sit longer. Patience has it's reward though. It's good, good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread